Playoffs@Tank 2 - Page 4

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: Team
Team Playoffs 34 77.27%
Team Tank 10 22.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #61 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,464
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Really? After Bosh our next best players were Ford and Jose. Both players showed flashes of brilliance but never got to the next level of being a top 10 PG from being an above average PG. Then after them, you had quality role players like AP, Rasho and Garbo, but again, where's the core talent to pair with Bosh to take us to that next level?
.
The core talent was the number one overall pick in the NBA draft. Yay tanking.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,994
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
The core talent was the number one overall pick in the NBA draft. Yay tanking.
Imagine if the NBA didnt screw us again by putting in the rule of players having to play 1 year in college before being drafted, we could have had Oden or Durant, and who knows what the future would have held. Maybe we pick Oden, he stays healthy, and him and Bosh just go to town on the NBA.

We're a cursed franchise.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #63 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Imagine if the NBA didnt screw us again by putting in the rule of players having to play 1 year in college before being drafted, we could have had Oden or Durant, and who knows what the future would have held. Maybe we pick Oden, he stays healthy, and him and Bosh just go to town on the NBA.

We're a cursed franchise.
That rule and not being able to draft the #1 pick for three years when this franchise was born.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #64 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,529
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompeprop View Post
In theory to have an equal record with Magic, Toronto need to loss 4 in a row and Orlando win 4.

or we could lose the 3 or 4 remaining games against orlando
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #65 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,427
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Don't Lie View Post
Imagine if the NBA didnt screw us again by putting in the rule of players having to play 1 year in college before being drafted, we could have had Oden or Durant, and who knows what the future would have held. Maybe we pick Oden, he stays healthy, and him and Bosh just go to town on the NBA.

We're a cursed franchise.
We've had many opportunities over the last few years.... BC just squandered them time & time again. From the Bargs pick to the Hedo contract to not being able to move up a few spots to draft Curry (who would've been a PERFECT running mate for Bosh) to passing on Drummond for Ross.

Colangelo did more to damage this franchise than Babcock and Vince put together.

Re: ORL... they could easily get worse if they decide to deal Afflalo and Big Baby (which is likely).
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #66 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
We've had many opportunities over the last few years.... BC just squandered them time & time again. From the Bargs pick to the Hedo contract to not being able to move up a few spots to draft Curry (who would've been a PERFECT running mate for Bosh) to passing on Drummond for Ross.

Colangelo did more to damage this franchise than Babcock and Vince put together.

Re: ORL... they could easily get worse if they decide to deal Afflalo and Big Baby (which is likely).
To be fair the TR pick was a double whammy from DC and BC. Missing out on Barnes and Drummond.

It's not just those picks - never actively pursuing other picks by taking on salary was never done, and he had both of those opportunities with Barbosa's contract, and with Jose's as well.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #67 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,296
Representing:
Default

There were opportunities to trade Jose and Bargnani when they had a fair bit of value. Colangelo just always opted for shuffling deck chairs. He traded picks rather than acquiring them. He just had no idea how to take a step by step approach. And by the time he finally trades Jose it's basically for fucking Rudy Gay. He is the Andrea Bargnani of GMs. Always a step behind while showing flashes now and again. At the same time the team ownership was ultimately the biggest problem here. I cannot think of this team being cursed at this point, unless it becomes clear that the new ownership is just as messed up, which i don't see happening.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #68 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,754
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
There were opportunities to trade Jose and Bargnani when they had a fair bit of value. Colangelo just always opted for shuffling deck chairs. He traded picks rather than acquiring them. He just had no idea how to take a step by step approach. And by the time he finally trades Jose it's basically for fucking Rudy Gay. He is the Andrea Bargnani of GMs.
Please! I never thought that we could ever get a Rudy Gay for Jose fuckin' Calderon. And he tried to trade Calderon in 2010 but Michael Jordan chickened out at the last second. Bargnani on the other hand should have been traded a couple years ago when he was playing like a borderline all-star for a couple weeks. lol
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #69 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,296
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Please! I never thought that we could ever get a Rudy Gay for Jose fuckin' Calderon. And he tried to trade Calderon in 2010 but Michael Jordan chickened out at the last second. Bargnani on the other hand should have been traded a couple years ago when he was playing like a borderline all-star for a couple weeks. lol
Jose had more value before the Charlotte trade. He could have gotten whatever he wanted and a nice pick. Nothing followed any kind of a plan including taking on Rudy's horrendous contract.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #70 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,754
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Jose had more value before the Charlotte trade. He could have gotten whatever he wanted and a nice pick. Nothing followed any kind of a plan including taking on Rudy's horrendous contract.
That would have meant trading Calderon right after signing him. And if you want to bitch about not selling high then i would have to think you are for MU trading DD right now, right?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #71 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,529
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
That would have meant trading Calderon right after signing him. And if you want to bitch about not selling high then i would have to think you are for MU trading DD right now, right?
No, we only want to trade players at their high once we realize their highs were in the past ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #72 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,529
Representing:
Default

not helping the tank this year:

Quote:
One amazing injury stat: the Raptors have lost 73 minutes to injuries. Everyone else is over 200.
after all the injuries that hit us over the last 7 years (from garbo's career ending, to TJ's (essentially) career's ending, to Bosh missing the most crucial part of the 2010 season, to Bargnani getting hit when he finally seemed to be back on track, to last year's disaster, the year we could have used some key injuries is when everybody turns into ironman

It is really amazing how much bad luck this organization has had over the years, from getting the #1 pick when we couldn't use it, to getting the #1 pick in one the worst drafts to losing every damn coin flip I can remember, the dramatic injuries and that's only scratching the surface ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #73 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
not helping the tank this year:



after all the injuries that hit us over the last 7 years (from garbo's career ending, to TJ's (essentially) career's ending, to Bosh missing the most crucial part of the 2010 season, to Bargnani getting hit when he finally seemed to be back on track, to last year's disaster, the year we could have used some key injuries is when everybody turns into ironman

It is really amazing how much bad luck this organization has had over the years, from getting the #1 pick when we couldn't use it, to getting the #1 pick in one the worst drafts to losing every damn coin flip I can remember, the dramatic injuries and that's only scratching the surface ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid
Also other teams can't remain healthy. Only us.
I said this sarcastically in a thread about ESPN predicting us to be 10th. Turns out, it's actually the case.

Last edited by KoolAid; 12-30-2013 at 08:49 PM.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #74 (permalink)
firing casey before 2014

Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 557
Representing:
Default

it still boggles my fucking mind that people want playoffs when lowry can walk right after them and we get nothing of value back.


if that happens I will never watch this team again.
firecasey2013 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #75 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,754
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecasey2013 View Post
it still boggles my fucking mind that people want playoffs when lowry can walk right after them and we get nothing of value back.


if that happens I will never watch this team again.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #76 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default

People still thinking this team can tank remind me of the people thinking Bargnani would still turn his game around last year.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #77 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
People still thinking this team can tank remind me of the people thinking Bargnani would still turn his game around last year.
Not really, those people were overly optimistic, similar to those who think we can just win 40 games every season and things will just work themselves out because we have Masai.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #78 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
The Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 2,977
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecasey2013 View Post
it still boggles my fucking mind that people want playoffs when lowry can walk right after them and we get nothing of value back.


if that happens I will never watch this team again.
You might as well stop watching now then because that is what's going to happen. Only change I would make would be Lowry not walking. I say we end up doing 1 of 2 things. 3yr extension worth between 22-25mil or a sign and trade that nets us a late first rounder somewhere between 20-25 along with a young asset. Once one of those things happen, we will happily let you jump back on the bandwagon
The Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:09 PM   #79 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
People still thinking this team can tank remind me of the people thinking Bargnani would still turn his game around last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Not really, those people were overly optimistic, similar to those who think we can just win 40 games every season and things will just work themselves out because we have Masai.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #80 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,769
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
You're so pathetically stubborn and out of touch with reality. Become a sixers fan and have sweet dreams of wiggins and their instant championship at the draft.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24