PLAYERS 2 KEEP - Page 2
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,347
Representing:
Default

+1 to anyone with the idea that weems MUST come off the bench to stay, Bargs is on and off. Sometimes really off. But mostly its like everyone else says Dero Eddy Amir Bayless & leandro if we can steal him.
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Players to keep: Bayless, DeRozan, Amir, Davis, Barbosa. The rest I don't care.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

I'm not sure anybody on this team is a keeper necessarily.... except barbosa.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I'm not sure anybody on this team is a keeper necessarily.... except barbosa.
Are you high?
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Are you high?
was gonna say that about your post.... truth of the matter is this team is not good..... whatevs
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
was gonna say that about your post.... truth of the matter is this team is not good..... whatevs
Yeah its not good because Jose, Bargnani and no SF. Get rid of Jose and Bargnani and you have a good team. Bargnani had 2 rebounds last night... if a center can't rebound then I don't give a shit about his 29 points. I'd be happy without his 29 points if he just plays some defense. Bargnani would fuck up any team.. put him as the center for the Lakers and they will go on a 20 game losing streak.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yeah its not good because Jose, Bargnani and no SF. Get rid of Jose and Bargnani and you have a good team. Bargnani had 2 rebounds last night... if a center can't rebound then I don't give a shit about his 29 points. I'd be happy without his 29 points if he just plays some defense. Bargnani would fuck up any team.. put him as the center for the Lakers and they will go on a 20 game losing streak.
dude, you have too much pent up hate.... let it go..... unreal.

Without Jose, this team has often looked like an elementary girls team on offense.... Bargnani seems to have slept with your girl or something one too many times.....

lol... jokes.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yeah its not good because Jose, Bargnani and no SF. Get rid of Jose and Bargnani and you have a good team. Bargnani had 2 rebounds last night... if a center can't rebound then I don't give a shit about his 29 points. I'd be happy without his 29 points if he just plays some defense. Bargnani would fuck up any team.. put him as the center for the Lakers and they will go on a 20 game losing streak.
+1
its ok don, no point wasting ur time trying to reason with carp
he thinks Bargs is a multidimesional player lol
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
+1
its ok don, no point wasting ur time trying to reason with carp
he thinks Bargs is a multidimesional player lol
glad you are such a guru... I'm sure your family is proud.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,131
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Are you high?
You're ridiculous. Barbosa is the best bench player by leaps and bounds (and up there in the league). That's why you keep him. The 5 starters are barely starters and not anywhere near the top of their position in the league. And no... they don't just get better if they come off the bench.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
raps are back!

Senior Member
 
ha123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
You're ridiculous. Barbosa is the best bench player by leaps and bounds (and up there in the league). That's why you keep him. The 5 starters are barely starters and not anywhere near the top of their position in the league. And no... they don't just get better if they come off the bench.
Lol are YOU serious? Obviously are players aren't good right now. But you fail to see the potential of Demar, Davis, Amir and Bayless. Obviously not all of them except maybe demar have star potential. But they all can be solid starters or role players on a winning team.
ha123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,131
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ha123 View Post
Lol are YOU serious? Obviously are players aren't good right now. But you fail to see the potential of Demar, Davis, Amir and Bayless. Obviously not all of them except maybe demar have star potential. But they all can be solid starters or role players on a winning team.
DD will never be top 5 maybe never top 10 at his position (or at SG). Why don't you look at who plays small forward in the NBA.

I said keep Davis so that must be a reading comprehension thing.

Amir is just not good enough on offense or defence right now so I couldn't care less. He might be the only one that's a project still because of his age.

And Bayless still hasn't proven he's a better PG than SG. He's a bench player now. And not first off before Barbosa.

Potential is something for rookies and #$%^& to dream about. Not 3rd or 4th year players. This is not hockey.

So ya... dead serious.

Last edited by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu; 02-11-2011 at 12:12 PM.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
DD will never be top 5 maybe never top 10 at his position (or at SG). Why don't you look at who plays small forward in the NBA.

I said keep Davis so that must be a reading comprehension thing.

Amir is just not good enough on offense or defence right now so I couldn't care less. He might be the only one that's a project still because of his age.

And Bayless still hasn't proven he's a better PG than SG. He's a bench player now. And not first off before Barbosa.

Potential is something for rookies and #$%^& to dream about. Not 3rd or 4th year players. This is not hockey.

So ya... dead serious.
Since when its DeRozan a 3rd or 4th year player? Its his 2nd year and has improved dramatically this season, if you can't see any difference in his game between these 2 seasons then you're just an idiot.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,131
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Since when its DeRozan a 3rd or 4th year player? Its his 2nd year and has improved dramatically this season, if you can't see any difference in his game between these 2 seasons then you're just an idiot.

Learn to stop nitpicking.

Then go look at what most good/great small forwards did in their 2nd year on much better teams (seeing the ball less) and tell me it's better.

Then go fuck yourself.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,926
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
Learn to stop nitpicking.

Then go look at what most good/great small forwards did in their 2nd year on much better teams (seeing the ball less) and tell me it's better.

Then go fuck yourself.
Okay lets look at Tracy Mcgrady during his second year...

NBA.com : Tracy McGrady Career Stats Page

Go analyze that, oh, then go fuck yourself.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
DD will never be top 5 maybe never top 10 at his position (or at SG). Why don't you look at who plays small forward in the NBA.

I said keep Davis so that must be a reading comprehension thing.

Amir is just not good enough on offense or defence right now so I couldn't care less. He might be the only one that's a project still because of his age.

And Bayless still hasn't proven he's a better PG than SG. He's a bench player now. And not first off before Barbosa.

Potential is something for rookies and #$%^& to dream about. Not 3rd or 4th year players. This is not hockey.

So ya... dead serious.
so ur reasoning for not keeping DD is because he will never be a top 5 at his position. and you want to keep barbosa because....?

you also contradicted urself when u said amir is a project and then stating that potential is not for 3 or 4th year players. which i also disagree with. lets look at the current 3rd year players as our sample size. rose, beasley, mayo, westbrook, love and many more. 4th year players kevin durant, horford, green. to say that all players have peaked by their 3rd or 4th year and can't get any better is stupid. all those players have the potential to be better then they are.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,686
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yeah its not good because Jose, Bargnani and no SF. Get rid of Jose and Bargnani and you have a good team. Bargnani had 2 rebounds last night... if a center can't rebound then I don't give a shit about his 29 points. I'd be happy without his 29 points if he just plays some defense. Bargnani would fuck up any team.. put him as the center for the Lakers and they will go on a 20 game losing streak.
Do you even watch the Raptors games or look at the stats?? How is jose the problem here, that all people seem to put the blame on, he is one of our best players this year because he runs the floor and controls things, have you seen how shit we play when we got bayless or barbosa starting at the point, its ugly as shit.
box92 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #38 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,131
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
so ur reasoning for not keeping DD is because he will never be a top 5 at his position. and you want to keep barbosa because....?

you also contradicted urself when u said amir is a project and then stating that potential is not for 3 or 4th year players. which i also disagree with. lets look at the current 3rd year players as our sample size. rose, beasley, mayo, westbrook, love and many more. 4th year players kevin durant, horford, green. to say that all players have peaked by their 3rd or 4th year and can't get any better is stupid. all those players have the potential to be better then they are.
Becuase Barbosa is one of the best in the league off the bench, 1st off the bench and he's happy there. He runs the floor bette rthan almoist anyone to put on a raps jersey. Did I say they peaked at year 2? No. I said they were markedly better. And no I didn't contradict myself with Amir. He's the last high school player to make the NBA if you're paying attention ... he played little before coming here, and thats the only reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Okay lets look at Tracy Mcgrady during his second year...

NBA.com : Tracy McGrady Career Stats Page

Go analyze that, oh, then go fuck yourself.
Lmao... he's been near the best player at SF and won how many playoff series? Thanks for making my point. And again finding that one player to nitpick
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
raps are back!

Senior Member
 
ha123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 562
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
DD will never be top 5 maybe never top 10 at his position (or at SG). Why don't you look at who plays small forward in the NBA.

I said keep Davis so that must be a reading comprehension thing.

Amir is just not good enough on offense or defence right now so I couldn't care less. He might be the only one that's a project still because of his age.

And Bayless still hasn't proven he's a better PG than SG. He's a bench player now. And not first off before Barbosa.

Potential is something for rookies and #$%^& to dream about. Not 3rd or 4th year players. This is not hockey.

So ya... dead serious.
So you don't want to keep derozan because he won't be a top 5 player in his position? I guess we'll have to find all players from point guard to centre "top 5" in their positions.

No one is saying our young players will be stars but they can be key contributers in the future. That is the point of young player development...
ha123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
Becuase Barbosa is one of the best in the league off the bench, 1st off the bench and he's happy there. He runs the floor bette rthan almoist anyone to put on a raps jersey. Did I say they peaked at year 2? No. I said they were markedly better. And no I didn't contradict myself with Amir. He's the last high school player to make the NBA if you're paying attention ... he played little before coming here, and thats the only reason.
1. he isn't one of the best off the bench. if he was why hasn't he ever been 6th man of the year discussion. he may be the best off the bench for the raps but i don't want to get into that. which leads me to

2. so you want to keep barbosa, who you say has a role of a bench player and is happy with it and will mostly be his role for the rest of his career. but don't want to keep guys like amir, DD or bayless

3. you said potential is not for 3rd and 4th year guys. so its the same as saying players peak by their 3rd year right? if a 3rd year player has no more potential that means he won't get any better.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24