Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   PJ Carlisimo (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/pj-carlisimo-20528.html)

jeffb 06-19-2011 09:35 PM

PJ Carlisimo
 
Looks like even though he's under contract for next season, he probably won't be back. If Casey is hired, anyone have an idea who he'd want on his staff?



Quote:

Q: Hi Doug. Saw some of the Raptors' Pre-Draft Workout coverage on NBA-TV and wondered about the Raptor personnel who were in attendance. With contracts still not finalized for some (all?) of them is this an awkward situation in any way? Was Jay in attendance? If not, who was in charge of running this whole thing? And do you get to see the workouts or is it similar to Raptors' practices where you have access to the players for just a few moments of media time at the end? Thanks!

Lorie P, London

A: It was quite surreal, actually. The entire staff from last year was there except for PJ, the only one who has a contract past this month. Read into that what you will, no one was talking but I donít imagine it bodes well for his return.

Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog

Don Vito 06-19-2011 09:50 PM

I have no idea, its pretty much an entire new coaching staff so it'll definitely be refreshing. Whoever we hire I hope they will have an impact on the players, and I hope it isn't some clown like Marc Iavaroni.

Windex 06-19-2011 09:50 PM

Keith Smart, Woodson, Whitman. Who knows

finstock 06-19-2011 09:54 PM

I hope Alex English sticks around.

jeffb 06-19-2011 09:57 PM

I really hope there's a complete overhaul. This team always has a tendancy of hanging on to SOME coaches and not fully commit to change. And Triano needs to stick to the office or move to an assistant job somewhere else. I've seen enough of that movie.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 06-19-2011 10:21 PM

Honestly...if Casey gets hired, he'd be ballsy to not want PJ on his staff. The guy knows basketball.

Alex 06-19-2011 11:13 PM

I\m available for a replacement for $50,000 a year. Cash or that value in baguettes is acceptable.

dfunkie1 06-20-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! (Post 550177)
Honestly...if Casey gets hired, he'd be ballsy to not want PJ on his staff. The guy knows basketball.

there's a lot of employable coaches that could fill the void of his knowledge. what matters most is that whomever his part of casey's staff believes and works for what casey wants to achieve here. if PJ doesn't fit in with what he wants to do, he's not going to be a part of it. i like jay and alex, but i never understood how they could carry over from the previous staffs. having any of pj, alvin or alex back with the coaching staff spells trouble if you ask me.

Aamir 06-20-2011 04:13 AM

I like PJ. Like it that he's very outspoken and say what he wants to whoever it is.

Metallikid 06-20-2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackson Filth (Post 550225)
there's a lot of employable coaches that could fill the void of his knowledge. what matters most is that whomever his part of casey's staff believes and works for what casey wants to achieve here. if PJ doesn't fit in with what he wants to do, he's not going to be a part of it. i like jay and alex, but i never understood how they could carry over from the previous staffs. having any of pj, alvin or alex back with the coaching staff spells trouble if you ask me.

I'm fairly sure Alvin got promoted to head of player development or something like that and he was moved into the front office part of the organization rather than the coaching staff.

Quote:

I like PJ. Like it that he's very outspoken and say what he wants to whoever it is.
Yeah, like Latrell Sprewell. :mischief:

LKeet6 06-20-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneironaught (Post 550153)
I hope Alex English sticks around.


agreed. he was the only one who made a clear difference to us last year. I though triano did pretty good, but not crying that he's gone. keep english.

Tommy C 06-20-2011 11:25 AM

:yeah:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 550206)
I\m available for a replacement for $50,000 a year. Cash or that value in baguettes is acceptable.


Naj_Irban 06-20-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 550206)
I\m available for a replacement for $50,000 a year. Cash or that value in baguettes is acceptable.

hahahahahahahahahaha!!

I'm in the jewelry biz. 50K in diamonds is a wonderful catch!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24