PG: Calderon or Banks?

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: WHOS BETTER BACKUP PG?
Calderon 25 43.10%
Banks 33 56.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
bayless!

Senior Member
 
Essentrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Africa
Posts: 273
Representing:
Default PG: Calderon or Banks?

Jack is definitely by far the best PG this season and I have no idea why he isn't starting.

Calderon is starting to be BIG liability at offense and defense. He wastes 10 seconds dribbling for no reason even though he looks like he is making a play and he's trying to act like he is so smart and everything. His playbook is either pick and roll and drive to the basket since theres an open lane, or take the jumper, and wait 10 seconds and pass it around and let Turk, derozan, or he expects Bargs the 7footer to dribble from the 3pt line and somehow create the play even though hes the fking pg. What pisses me off is that 99.99% of the time, he just dribbles up the 3pt line and passes around, and when Bargs or anyone passes it back to him he quickly passes it right back. what a fking faggot. if your not gonna dribble, penetrate or create a play stop hogging the fking pg spot dumbass. and THE TRUTH IS WE ARE LOSING BECAUSE OF Calderon AND TRIANO! HATE IT OR LOVE IT , IT IS TRUE.

After seeing Banks, play the pg spot during garbage time, he actually penetrates the defense and creates plays unlike fking Calderon and actually plays good defense. So it is DEFINITELY Banks>Calderon.

To Triano and all you Calderon lovers, whats so good about him???nothing rite?

Last edited by Essentrick; 03-20-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Essentrick is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

I am not voting on this because it just shows how some don't even have a clue how this basketball game is played ! Some should write an entrance exam to be allowed to post on here . I think you failed.

lol........ just joking my friend its all good have your fun , thats why we have boards like this to express opinions no matter how crazy they can be.After last nights debacle this post just cheered me up and put a smile back on my face. Thanks for the humour.


Ok I changed my mind I will vote for Banks. Banks for President of the United States of America.......lol

Bottom line is that Caldy is our starter and not the back up so the back up spot is between Jack and Banks.

Last edited by raptor123; 03-20-2010 at 09:44 AM.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
bayless!

Senior Member
 
Essentrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Africa
Posts: 273
Representing:
Default

explain why caldy is so gud?
Essentrick is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essentrick View Post
explain why caldy is so gud?
+/-
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essentrick View Post
explain why caldy is so gud?
Just look it up on the internet. Jack is not even in the same league as Jose. Overall as a point guard Jose is our best pg and Jack is second. Regardless on who starts that has nothing to do with who is the better player. This also has nothing to do with last nights blow out.

I will go on record though as much as Jose is our starter,i would rather have him come off the bench because he can do much more with the second unit then what Jack can do. Jose is better then Jack as our starter and Jose is better then Jack coming off the bench. But when comparing his own game Jack is better with the starters then he is coming off the bench.

Like i said this thread is just a waste of time and space for the basketball mind
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
bayless!

Senior Member
 
Essentrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Africa
Posts: 273
Representing:
Default

u still haven't explained why Calderon is better
nice try but Jack>Banks>Caldy
Essentrick is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default



Unbelievable. God i hope BC can somehow unload the dead weight that is Jose Calderon to some sucker this summer so that this stupid debate can finally be over. Deja Vu?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essentrick View Post
u still haven't explained why Calderon is better
nice try but Jack>Banks>Caldy
Ohhhh, but look it up on the "Internet", it'll hit you like a ton of bricks.

Pfffftt!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Ohhhh, but look it up on the "Internet", it'll hit you like a ton of bricks.

Pfffftt!
You tryING to egg people on AGAIN, are you that insecure lol. Give it a rest man, stop trying to egg people on because you keep getting egg on your face.You can't even follow instructions on conduct .I am sure you will get spanked man.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
You tryING to egg people on AGAIN, are you that insecure lol. Give it a rest man, stop trying to egg people on because you keep getting egg on your face.You can't even follow instructions on conduct .I am sure you will get spanked man.
Hmmm... I suddenly have a craving for eggs...
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Hmmm... I suddenly have a craving for eggs...
Me too.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
gone

Senior Member
 
Beesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Representing:
Default

I think the question is not whos the better pg in terms of stats, who's more effective out of the 3 pg's? = Banks(play's defence, can move without ball, doesnt have to bring up the ball every time to call himself PG...coughJOSEcough, and best of of all he plays well with Hedo)
Of course, Jose is going to have low turnover rate because he just takes the ball up the court and gives it to Bosh lol, he has good fg because he practices that more than his defence lol. But is he more effective than the other 2..NO WAY
Beesh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Maybe Banks looks good because he's playing against other garbage time players. Has this crossed anyone's mind yet?

Oh and for the "safety" that is Calderon, y'know what? he plays the PG position pretty soundly. Yes, is he too safe? Of course, but I'll take that, I'll take a guy who's looking to get the best shot for his teammates or give the ball to the guy who'll attract a double team than a guy who'll simply penetrate and then dish it off to Sonny Weems for a brick. Does Calderon need to penetrate a bit more. Of course because he's gotten predictable but he's hardly the worst thing on this squad.

I swear why people need to find a scapegoat for everything in life is hilarious and sad at the same time.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
.

Member
 
TOAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Markham
Posts: 370
Representing:
Default

you guys have got to be kidding
once banks play longer minutes he'll get exposed and you guys will be jumping off his ship faster than you got on it. lets be honest, banks isn't at the same level as jose and won't ever be
however i do agree that banks should be played for defense purposes. depending on match ups, he should get some of jose's minutes with turkoglu on the floor
TOAO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Maybe Banks looks good because he's playing against other garbage time players. Has this crossed anyone's mind yet?

Oh and for the "safety" that is Calderon, y'know what? he plays the PG position pretty soundly. Yes, is he too safe? Of course, but I'll take that, I'll take a guy who's looking to get the best shot for his teammates or give the ball to the guy who'll attract a double team than a guy who'll simply penetrate and then dish it off to Sonny Weems for a brick. Does Calderon need to penetrate a bit more. Of course because he's gotten predictable but he's hardly the worst thing on this squad.

I swear why people need to find a scapegoat for everything in life is hilarious and sad at the same time.
Well' i don't think he's the scapegoat. I think that he's played pretty poorly most of this season and for a good part of last season. The fact is, you say he's too safe, yes but he's also horrible on D, very predictable, quite slow, and at times inconsistent with his shot which used to be his strongest asset.

I agree with you about Banks, except that when he played for the month Jose was out i liked what i saw. I' wouldn't want him playing more then 10-15 minutes but he's a decent PG who can play defence and imo should at the very least be inserted at the end of games when we need stops.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
you

Junior Member
 
Spoof'22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 27
Representing:
Default

Wow im amazed at how underrated caldy has become. I usually never post on here but i just felt i had to on this thread. Tell me how exactly has jack been better. IMO jack has been really good for us this season, but it seems like every little thing that caldy does wrong, its magnified.

Do you guys actually believe that jack is a better defender? Watch the game, Jack's defense is bad and so is jose's. The difference between them on offense is marginal. One thing you can agree is jack is better at getting in the paint while jose is a better passer.

Banks is better than either of them on d but his offense is bad. Jack being the full time starting point guard makes me so uncomfortable because he really does nothing at a high level.

We are losing because of calderon?? give me a break.

"He wastes 10 seconds dribbling for no reason even though he looks like he is making a play and he's trying to act like he is so smart and everything. His playbook is either pick and roll and drive to the basket since theres an open lane, or take the jumper, and wait 10 seconds and pass it around and let Turk, derozan, or he expects Bargs the 7footer to dribble from the 3pt line and somehow create the play even though hes the fking pg. What pisses me off is that 99.99% of the time, he just dribbles up the 3pt line and passes around, and when Bargs or anyone passes it back to him he quickly passes it right back."

He wastes ten seconds? are you kidding me hes been getting props for pushing the ball all year, hes pushed the ball atleast as much as jack!!!! "hes trying to act smart" Tell me how exactly is he trying to be smart?? Calling a play and waiting for the players to get in position?

"His playbook is either pick and roll and drive to the basket since theres an open lane, or take the jumper, and wait 10 seconds and pass it around"

Tell me, what is he supposed to do?? Pick and roll is our best option, you drive to the basket when it is open and you should take the jumper when your open. You pass the ball to the side because that is how you pass into the post. Wht are you trying to say? What do you think a pg is supposed to do? Thats exactly what jack does drive, pass or shoot!!! but when Calderon does it hes trying to be smart??

He gives it to bargs!! wow i cant believe what im hearing, one of jose criticisms was he never passes to bargs. Now its that he gives it to him and expects him to score??? Bargnani is a scorer and he likes to get the ball at the 3 point range!! just like how Bosh likes it at the elbows. Now your complaining because he gave the ball to Bargnani in a position where Bargs would like it? You know why he passes it right back?? its called resetting the play.

We lost because we got outrebounded and we couldnt defend for shit. Let me guess thats joses fault aswell?? Should jose also have locked down durant??

I understand if you are using legit points for your argument but you are not using legit points, you're just pointing fingers without any real reason!! Before you say jose is the real problem, give me some good reasons as to why he is the problem. All the reasons you have stated are wrong, have no real basis to it. So unless you can provide a strong argument for your beliefs you shouldn't just blindly point your finger at a player that you don't like.

Last edited by Spoof'22; 03-20-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Spoof'22 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
gone

Senior Member
 
Beesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Representing:
Default

If im not mistaken, early in the season, Triano said this league is about stopping point guards, if that's the case, then I think we failed horribly.
Agree with jeffb, just give Banks few minutes, see what he can do right, especially against quicker guards.
Beesh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
gone

Senior Member
 
Beesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Representing:
Default

I wonder if Banks knows about the love he gets from this forum and from Canada
Beesh is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bmats7
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Everyone says, Yes, Banks is a better defender but he's worse at offence.

Honestly, who gives a flying f*ck about our offence when our defence is about the worst in the league? You're not willing to sacrifice one offensive player for help on the defensive end?

This argument is ridiculous because everyone knows this will never happen. But there's a reason the lakers wanted to pick up Banks at the deadline.
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,029
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesh View Post
I wonder if Banks knows about the love he gets from this forum and from Canada
Probably not, he probably stopped paying attention in October after hearing for 6 months that he's an albatross and should be bought out. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24