Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   OVER/UNDER: Bargnani 6.5 REBS next season (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/over-under-bargnani-6-5-rebs-next-season-21118.html)

INSIDER 09-27-2011 05:57 PM

OVER/UNDER: Bargnani 6.5 REBS next season
 
I'm thinking that over the next little while, we'll post some over/under topics to get some bball discussions going.... there was the DD scoring post, so lets discuss Bargs' rebounding, shall we?

the Question:
Will Bargnani grab over or under 6.5 rebounds next season?

vote and discuss....

Dark Knight 09-27-2011 06:02 PM

Under. I'd say he'll hover around 5 boards a game all season. It's not that he's a bad rebounder, it's his style of play.

jeffb 09-27-2011 06:07 PM

Under!

I'll say around six. Unfortunately it'll come in a Raptors uniform :(

Gurk 09-27-2011 06:08 PM

Over. He will grab atleast 15 boards per game. Watch out guys.

Scully 09-27-2011 06:12 PM

Under. If the plan is to give him what he wants, ie. move him to the 4 the incentive for him to grab boards will greatly diminish. Plus I think Casey will have more of the Offense running through Bargs at least 15 ft away from the basket. So unless 90% of his misses go directly off the back iron and back in to his hands the chances of him getting 7 rebounds isn't there.

jeffb 09-27-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scully (Post 573016)
Under. If the plan is to give him what he wants, ie. move him to the 4 the incentive for him to grab boards will greatly diminish. Plus I think Casey will have more of the Offense running through Bargs at least 15 ft away from the basket. So unless 90% of his misses go directly off the back iron and back in to his hands the chances of him getting 7 rebounds isn't there.

I agree. And if they do what they said they were going to do (go after a FA center), he'll have little to no incentive to get more than 6 rebounds.

ValanciunasFanboy 09-27-2011 06:15 PM

5, because Reggie Evans will be healthy and steal his boards.

PS: he does tend to steal boards from teammates, it's ridiculous. I still remember Bargs' face after one of those Reggie steals early last year. Utter confusion. Ohh wait, that's Bargs usual face.

jeffb 09-27-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValanciunasFanboy (Post 573018)
5, because Reggie Evans will be healthy and steal his boards.

PS: he does tend to steal boards from teammates, it's ridiculous. I still remember Bargs' face after one of those early last year. Utter confusion. Ohh wait, that's Bargs usual face.

Evans is no longer a Raptor

ValanciunasFanboy 09-27-2011 06:17 PM

Well in that case, if they don't resign him, I'll say 7.

Don Vito 09-27-2011 06:21 PM

under :cookie:

INSIDER 09-27-2011 06:26 PM

over.
i think Casey is the one guy that can finally light a fire under his ass to get him to man up.
couple that with the fact that he knows he's on his last straw with this team, and i think he goes harder next year than he's ever done.

odds are he will be as soft as rice pudding next season, but heres hoping he wont.

DanH 09-27-2011 06:30 PM

Over. Part of his rebounding struggles - outside of his obvious and unchanging lack of interest - come from having to deal with large centers - that will lessen somewhat at the 4. Also, if he is not the designated helper, as Casey has alluded to, he will be assigned with defensive rebounding as his primary task. I've got some hope left that Casey will be able to encourage him to fill that role to a degree. Finally, with Reggie gone, the team rebounding will suffer, but I expect Bargs' to go up. So, probably around 7ish, maybe 7.5 if I'm feeling optimistic.

DDUnreal 09-27-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INSIDER (Post 573029)
over.
i think Casey is the one guy that can finally light a fire under his ass to get him to man up.
couple that with the fact that he knows he's on his last straw with this team, and i think he goes harder next year than he's ever done.

odds are he will be as soft as rice pudding next season, but heres hoping he wont.

If smitch couldn't no one can

Someguy again 09-27-2011 06:42 PM

not with ed davis coming back!

Twitter
hes gonna gobble up everythang!!!!

box92 09-27-2011 06:44 PM

under

lankganglia 09-27-2011 06:59 PM

Over, I hope he is motivated to not be the one losing pt when val shows up and davis is healthy.

But barn doesn't get motivated so probably under

jeffb 09-27-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanH (Post 573030)
Over. Part of his rebounding struggles - outside of his obvious and unchanging lack of interest - come from having to deal with large centers - that will lessen somewhat at the 4. Also, if he is not the designated helper, as Casey has alluded to, he will be assigned with defensive rebounding as his primary task. I've got some hope left that Casey will be able to encourage him to fill that role to a degree. Finally, with Reggie gone, the team rebounding will suffer, but I expect Bargs' to go up. So, probably around 7ish, maybe 7.5 if I'm feeling optimistic.

Bahhhh, most of his problems are because he plays 20feet from the rim on offense and his offensive rpg is a joke. He's often matched up against PF on defense anyway. If he still insists on taking 18-22ft shots and taking two steps back rather then two steps in to follow his shot than any improvement in his rebounding will minimal at best, and that's if he can get 5 defensive rebounds per game. I think that he'll be around 6rpg with the outside chance of him getting 6.5rpg which would mean even here. More then that is a pipe dream at this point. Besides, he's 7' 250lbs, bohoo he has to go up against the centers in the league.

Nites 09-27-2011 08:17 PM

I have him getting around 5.5rpg next season.

Ammo 09-27-2011 08:33 PM

Under.

If they are given even 6th or 7th man minutes, he is likely to be out-rebounded by Amir, Ed Davis, J J and whichever stop-gap centre they bring in.

And it is because he's a bad rebounder.

LX 09-27-2011 08:46 PM

Here's something worth considering- players that are bad rebounders in their first two or three years of play, let alone five, do not get better. A bad rebounder is a bad rebounder. For him to show sudden improvement would be something of a first.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24