Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   oh yeah demar derozan news (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/oh-yeah-demar-derozan-news-21109.html)

Someguy again 09-24-2011 09:48 PM

oh yeah demar derozan news
 
DeMar DeRozan (35 Pts) & Iman Shumpert (27 Pts) Going At It During Impact Competitive Basketball League - BALLISLIFE - It's More Than A Game, It's A Lifestyle

Quote:

Check out NBA rising star DeMar DeRozan of the Toronto Raptors going against New York Knicks rookie Iman Shumpert as things get a little competitive during an Impact Competitive Basketball League game in Las Vegas. DeMar started off the game hitting 4 jumpers in a row, and ended the game on a couple of highlight reel dunks. Shumpert stepped up to the plate and scored 27 points as him and DeRozan went back and forth with the trash talking.

jj33 09-24-2011 10:27 PM

That's bad!!! He let a mid first round scrub rookie score 27 point on him!! His D isn't getting better!

Someguy again 09-24-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj33 (Post 572670)
That's bad!!! He let a mid first round scrub rookie score 27 point on him!! His D isn't getting better!

why i dont mind:

1) its another crappy league where they just fuck around
2) BASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superjudge 09-24-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj33 (Post 572670)
That's bad!!! He let a mid first round scrub rookie score 27 point on him!! His D isn't getting better!

Thats what i was thinking.

Dark Knight 09-25-2011 12:36 AM

Iman Shumpert is not a scrub.

Nites 09-25-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 572681)
Iman Shumpert is not a scrub.

Your right, he's a "Bonified Scrub"

Windex 09-25-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 572681)
Iman Shumpert is not a scrub.

he's going to be G.O.A.T. when his career ends... book it :cookie:


and his style fits street ball

LX 09-25-2011 08:00 AM

If any guy plays serious defense in one of these games I would be pissed. I don't want Demar defending or being defended in something like this. What would be the point of risking injury? And since defense is ultimately about the team, it doesn't make much sense to have guys over-extend themselves on teams that have just been thrown together. Basically these games mean nothing. Zip. That's obvious right? The only thing we might take away from any of it is that he might have improved his range.

Deez 09-25-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 572706)
If any guy plays serious defense in one of these games I would be pissed. I don't want Demar defending or being defended in something like this. What would be the point of risking injury? And since defense is ultimately about the team, it doesn't make much sense to have guys over-extend themselves on teams that have just been thrown together. Basically these games mean nothing. Zip. That's obvious right? The only thing we might take away from any of it is that he might have improved his range.

Can't argue with that. Some of these games end with scores higher than all-star games. The one thing you can't judge is defense.

ValanciunasFanboy 09-25-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 572706)
If any guy plays serious defense in one of these games I would be pissed. I don't want Demar defending or being defended in something like this. What would be the point of risking injury? And since defense is ultimately about the team, it doesn't make much sense to have guys over-extend themselves on teams that have just been thrown together. Basically these games mean nothing. Zip. That's obvious right? The only thing we might take away from any of it is that he might have improved his range.

+1
besides, you can't really shut down a combo 1-2 guard like Iman one on one. he has too many options in games like these.

you need team defense to stalk the passing lanes.

you need good help defense if DeRozan is going stay close and challenge jumpers. because if there is none, he'll just get past you to the basket.

Cartmen 09-25-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windex (Post 572701)
he's going to be G.O.A.T. when his career ends... book it :cookie:


and his style fits street ball

You mean Greatest of all time? I DOUBT IT!:dead:

LKeet6 09-26-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 572706)
If any guy plays serious defense in one of these games I would be pissed. I don't want Demar defending or being defended in something like this. What would be the point of risking injury? And since defense is ultimately about the team, it doesn't make much sense to have guys over-extend themselves on teams that have just been thrown together. Basically these games mean nothing. Zip. That's obvious right? The only thing we might take away from any of it is that he might have improved his range.


+1 exactly. some people taking that waaaay to serious. if you can't see they're not trying on D you're blind and if you expect them too you're silly! You can see they're just keeping them honest. body in the way (not aggressively,) to stop an easy drive, and hand (but not in face,) to put a small amount of pressure on the shot.

man, DD's stroke is sweet! that is a shot that can develop into a lethal point scroing stroke. Just needs to get it the same every time and get good elevation every time.

LX 09-26-2011 08:41 AM

Yep, you're right Keet. He's got such good body control. That gives him every chance in the world to become a very good shooter.

carp 09-26-2011 01:32 PM

It's good to see growth, just hope he can surpass the growth trajectory of a Nick Young type.... he seems a little more athletic, but not as fluid... and defensively they both stink.

LKeet6 09-26-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 572816)
It's good to see growth, just hope he can surpass the growth trajectory of a Nick Young type.... he seems a little more athletic, but not as fluid... and defensively they both stink.

nick young is a good comparison but i think DD has already shown he will grow quicker. I'd love young's 3pt shooting for DD tho!

and then let's bring that old classic, DDs personality back into the debate! :dancing: Growth has as much to do with that than pure ability you'd agree? I know we've (well) covered that debate but whatever intrinsic ability and potential DD has i believe we will see it maxed out which can not be said of most players.

carp 09-26-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKeet6 (Post 572819)
nick young is a good comparison but i think DD has already shown he will grow quicker. I'd love young's 3pt shooting for DD tho!

and then let's bring that old classic, DDs personality back into the debate! :dancing: Growth has as much to do with that than pure ability you'd agree? I know we've (well) covered that debate but whatever intrinsic ability and potential DD has i believe we will see it maxed out which can not be said of most players.

I agree.... it's tough cause he's still so young... but if Casey can make him a little tougher, good things are a comin!

Scully 09-26-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LX (Post 572706)
If any guy plays serious defense in one of these games I would be pissed. I don't want Demar defending or being defended in something like this. What would be the point of risking injury? And since defense is ultimately about the team, it doesn't make much sense to have guys over-extend themselves on teams that have just been thrown together. Basically these games mean nothing. Zip. That's obvious right? The only thing we might take away from any of it is that he might have improved his range.

Thats such BS. Every time you step on the court with intention of playing someone else you are taking a risk. You make it seem like if there is any resistance the guy's career is going to be over. you should be demanding effort from yourself and the guy guarding you, fuck the guy isn't going to be playing a game for at least two months. The whole point of these leagues/ games are to keep you game shape, not just shooting over a hand. We can't always be racing for points, that's mentality that has killed this team. But hey when it happens during the season he will just point Bargs for not picking up the switch, when his man blows by him and everyone will forget what train wreck he is on D.

LKeet6 09-26-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scully (Post 572826)
Thats such BS. Every time you step on the court with intention of playing someone else you are taking a risk. You make it seem like if there is any resistance the guy's career is going to be over. you should be demanding effort from yourself and the guy guarding you, fuck the guy isn't going to be playing a game for at least two months. The whole point of these leagues/ games are to keep you game shape, not just shooting over a hand. We can't always be racing for points, that's mentality that has killed this team. But hey when it happens during the season he will just point Bargs for not picking up the switch, when his man blows by him and everyone will forget what train wreck he is on D.

man, i could take issue with every line you wrote there!

Every time you step on the court with intention of playing someone else you are taking a risk
yes, there are different levels of risk tho!? so where does your limit lie? you want to see this?


You make it seem like if there is any resistance the guy's career is going to be over
there is some resistance.

The whole point of these leagues/ games are to keep you game shape
i would say the point is to keep your offensive game in shape. I would love to see what would happen if there was a hard foul in these games. i think there would be some very hard stares!

We can't always be racing for points, that's mentality that has killed this team
these games have nothing to do with how the raps will play next season.

But hey when it happens during the season he will just point Bargs for not picking up the switch, when his man blows by him and everyone will forget what train wreck he is on D
these games have nothing to do with how the raps will play next season.

carp 09-26-2011 03:15 PM

I see nothing wrong with somebody trying to increase their defensive intensity during these games.... I'd suggest that most Raps should be aiming for that given that we've been a soft team since Oakley, Willis and AD left town.

LKeet6 09-26-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 572839)
I see nothing wrong with somebody trying to increase their defensive intensity during these games.... I'd suggest that most Raps should be aiming for that given that we've been a soft team since Oakley, Willis and AD left town.

wow, ok. I think there may be a differing in opinion of how intense they are being out there. I mean for me they are not being lax, just not physical. You can say nothing wrong with being intense but how often in real game situations do you see someone land on someone's foot and get a nasty ankle twist? Just one example of potential injuries. I would say no point in risking that.

for me it is obvious there is an agreement to not be hard on D. We can say we want our players to be tougher on D (obviously i do too,) but it's not only our players out there. Not sure how much can be learnt playing with players from other teams and without input from our coaches, anyway.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24