The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 50
Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #981 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,747
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Fair enough, but he's being asked to be a shooter playing alongside Curry who averages 6apg. To say that you're two main ball handlers who score an average of 41ppg get 11apg is not bad. BTW, Curry who everyone raves about averaged 3.1 turnovers after averaging 3 in his first season.
You forgot League MVP Rose...3.4 t.o. to 7.7 apg

much heralded Wall....3.8 t.o. to 8.3 apg (killed my fantasy stat)

Handle the ball, youre gonna turn it over, no?

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 05-22-2011 at 12:01 PM.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #982 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Fair enough, but he's being asked to be a shooter playing alongside Curry who averages 6apg. To say that you're two main ball handlers who score an average of 41ppg get 11apg is not bad. BTW, Curry who everyone raves about averaged 3.1 turnovers after averaging 3 in his first season.
That's still a better assist to turnover ratio when compared to Ellis.

Ellis is also a much worse shooter compared to Curry, but I understand your point.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #983 (permalink)
baking the cookies of discontent.

Corner 3


 
finstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Ellis has no supporting cast to dish out assists to. Who is he going to give the ball to, Dorell Wright? David Lee? Also Curry has been handling the ball alot making Ellis less ball-dominant than you think. Ellis doesn't have Durant, Wade, Bosh or anyone worth a dam besides Curry who is playing the point. Maybe Steve Nash can get a couple more assists on this team but they would be equally as bad.
It's easier to rack up assists when surrounded by excellent shooters like Ellis is (Curry, Wright, Reggie Williams). As opposed to playing alongside one of those stars you mentioned, who mostly score in isolation.
finstock is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #984 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneironaught View Post
It's easier to rack up assists when surrounded by excellent shooters like Ellis is (Curry, Wright, Reggie Williams). As opposed to playing alongside one of those stars you mentioned, who mostly score in isolation.
This.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #985 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
That's still a better assist to turnover ratio when compared to Ellis.

Ellis is also a much worse shooter compared to Curry, but I understand your point.
If assist to turnover ratio is so good then we may as well keep Jose until he retires, he excels at that stat so we should make the playoffs next season.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #986 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
You forgot League MVP Rose...3.4 to

much heralded Wall....3.8 to (killed my fantasy stat)

Handle the ball, youre gonna turn it over, no?
Are you even reading my posts?

Look at his assist numbers. Now tell me that Rose and Wall averaged less assists than Ellis. Exactly, you can't.

Last edited by 10DeRozan10; 05-22-2011 at 12:05 PM.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #987 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If assist to turnover ratio is so good then we may as well keep Jose until he retires, he excels at that stat so we should make the playoffs next season.
All I'm saying is that I don't think Ellis would be a good point guard. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, I just see him as much more of a two-guard.

Good point guards can mix scoring, with distributing. Ellis can score, Calderon can distribute.

If were going to make the playoffs with Ellis, then would you mind telling me why Golden State didn't make the playoffs this year with a better supporting cast than the Raptors have?
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #988 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
I you even reading my posts?

Look at his assits numbers. Now tell me that Rose and Wall averaged less assists than Ellis. Exactly, you can't.
You do realize Rose and Wall play the point, right? They handle the ball more than anyone on the team.

Now tell me is Monta playing the point or shooting guard? Please name me any SG who averages 6+ assists? Oh right, you can't.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #989 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,278
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
All I'm saying is that I don't think Ellis would be a good point guard. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, I just see him as much more of a two-guard.

Good point guards can mix scoring, with distributing. Ellis can score, Calderon can distribute.

If were going to make the playoffs with Ellis, then would you mind telling me why Golden State didn't make the playoffs this year with a better supporting cast than the Raptors have?
Agreed, he's more a two. But i'd take him here and play him as a combo and play Derozan more at the 3, especially if we can keep Bayless and draft Walker or Knight.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #990 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
You do realize Rose and Wall play the point, right? They handle the ball more than anyone on the team.

Now tell me is Monta playing the point or shooting guard? Please name me any SG who averages 6+ assists? Oh right, you can't.
Yes I can.

Dwayne Wade has a career average of 6.3 assists per game.

Nice try bud, but your stupidity has once again got in the way of your argument.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #991 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,747
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
I you even reading my posts?

Look at his assits numbers. Now tell me that Rose and Wall averaged less assists than Ellis. Exactly, you can't.
Ellis had 5.6apg so your right I can't but Ellis is asked to score for his team as his primary role unlike Rose/Wall/others so his assists should be lower (and not by much mind you) to rose and Ellis ppg is higher. 5.6apg for a sg is pretty damn good.

This t.o. argument is odd. Ellis isn't a pg, GS tried that and it didn't go so well. Seems most great players that handle the ball average at least 3 turn overs a game.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #992 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Agreed, he's more a two. But i'd take him here and play him as a combo and play Derozan more at the 3, especially if we can keep Bayless and draft Walker or Knight.
Oh, I'm not saying that I wouldn't want him on the Raptors, as I absolutely would. Saying that, I wouldn't want him here playing the point. Like you said, I'd want him here playing with DeRozan as the two wings with either Bayless, or Knight/Walker at the point.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #993 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,278
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Ellis had 5.6apg so your right I can't but Ellis is asked to score for his team as his primary role unlike Rose/Wall/others so his assists should be lower (and not by much mind you) to rose and Ellis ppg is higher. 5.6apg for a sg is pretty damn good.

This t.o. argument is odd. Ellis isn't a pg, GS tried that and it didn't go so well. Seems most great players that handle the ball average at least 3 turn overs a game.

Ahhh, correct me if i'm wrong but Rose is their primary scorer and Wall is up their as well for his team.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #994 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Ellis had 5.6apg so your right I can't but Ellis is asked to score for his team as his primary role unlike Rose/Wall/others so his assists should be lower (and not by much mind you) to rose and Ellis ppg is higher. 5.6apg for a sg is pretty damn good.

This t.o. argument is odd. Ellis isn't a pg, GS tried that and it didn't go so well. Seems most great players that handle the ball average at least 3 turn overs a game.
Ellis didn't average more points than Rose. Rose averaged 25, Ellis averaged 24.1. I don't know why this stuff is so hard to look up.

As for the last bit, that's exactly what I'm arguing! That Ellis is not a point guard.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #995 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,917
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
Yes I can.

Dwayne Wade has a career average of 6.3 assists per game.

Nice try bud, but your stupidity has once again got in the way of your argument.
How many did he average this season buddy? Oh yeah 4.6 because of a little guy called Lebron James. If you think Wade would average 6+ assists in Golden State with Curry handling the point, then that is hilarious. Wade was pretty much a point guard back in the day because he always handled the ball, he was the man in Miami. If you think Ellis is 'the man' in GSW then you are clearly mistaken. There is a little guy called Stephen Curry and yeah, he handles the ball alot because he is pretty good.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #996 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,747
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Ahhh, correct me if i'm wrong but Rose is their primary scorer and Wall is up their as well for his team.
I didn't say they weren't their primary scorers I said Ellis' first role is to score unlike Wall and Rose who's primary role is to dish. Is that incorrect?
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #997 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,747
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
Ellis didn't average more points than Rose. Rose averaged 25, Ellis averaged 24.1. I don't know why this stuff is so hard to look up.

As for the last bit, that's exactly what I'm arguing! That Ellis is not a point guard.
If Ellis didn't split with Curry his points would be higher.

And I'm not arguing with you about Ellis not being a pg, in that instance we totally agree.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #998 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
How many did he average this season buddy? Oh yeah 4.6 because of a little guy called Lebron James. If you think Wade would average 6+ assists in Golden State with Curry handling the point, then that is hilarious. Wade was pretty much a point guard back in the day because he always handled the ball, he was the man in Miami. If you think Ellis is 'the man' in GSW then you are clearly mistaken. There is a little guy called Stephen Curry and yeah, he handles the ball alot because he is pretty good.
Interesting, considering this is only Stephen's second season.

Let's look at the previous seasons, when Curry wasn't there, shall we? It's strange actually. When Curry wasn't around, Monta averaged LESS assists. May this be because Curry actually gives him someone to pass to rather than taking away his assist numbers? Highly probable.

Your arguments are so flawed I actually feel sorry for you.

Last edited by 10DeRozan10; 05-22-2011 at 12:21 PM.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #999 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,278
Representing:
Default

Rose @ PG- 25ppg/7.7apg/3.4to (37.4min)

Ellis @ SG- 24.ppg/5.6apg/3.2to (40min)


Now, let's not get crazy and think i'm saying he's better then Rose, because he's not even close. Just putting the stats up because.......well wtf not? lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #1000 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
If Ellis didn't split with Curry his points would be higher.

And I'm not arguing with you about Ellis not being a pg, in that instance we totally agree.
You may be completely correct, but that's not what I'm arguing, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm glad were on the same page about Ellis not being a point guard.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24