The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 49
Old 05-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #961 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,793
Representing:
Default

Don't think Davis is going anywhere and Parker is a FA - if SA wants a change they can do it without a trade.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #962 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,051
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Don't think Davis is going anywhere and Parker is a FA - if SA wants a change they can do it without a trade.
Parker signed a contract extension in the fall. Anyway, he won't be going anywhere because of BYC reasons.

Regarding Calderon to LAL, I also think Calderon would be a very good fit with the Lakers. His ability to shoot from outside and distribute would be ideal in the Lakers' triangle offense. In addition, the Lakers could use a PG that can create a little bit in order to reduce on Bryant in the backcourt.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #963 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,793
Representing:
Default

I've heard this JC to LAL for a the last couple years. Doubt it would happen
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #964 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,793
Representing:
Default

And your right, he signed an extension last Oct...my bad. Guess that tells you they want him

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 05-22-2011 at 11:49 AM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #965 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Anyone else think Monta Ellis can run the point? With the influx in combo guards running the point I think he'd be great at it. Rose, Evans, Westbrook, Wall, etc.. the game is dominated by combo guards now, we don't need a Steve Nash type player. Its clear golden state will either keep Curry or Ellis but not both, I think we should make a run at Ellis. Not sure who we would trade for him.. but I'd trade pretty much anyone for him except DeRozan/Davis.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #966 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Anyone else think Monta Ellis can run the point? With the influx in combo guards running the point I think he'd be great at it. Rose, Evans, Westbrook, Wall, etc.. the game is dominated by combo guards now, we don't need a Steve Nash type player. Its clear golden state will either keep Curry or Ellis but not both, I think we should make a run at Ellis. Not sure who we would trade for him.. but I'd trade pretty much anyone for him except DeRozan/Davis.
I'm not positive, but I think that Golden State already tested him at the point and it didn't work at all. Like I said though, I'm not positive that this happened.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #967 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
I'm not positive, but I think that Golden State already tested him at the point and it didn't work at all. Like I said though, I'm not positive that this happened.
Averaging 5.6 assists as a SG is more than respectable, and would only go up as a PG in my opinion. The bottom line is this team needs a combo guard at the point, a distributor like Nash and Jose wouldn't cut it.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #968 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Averaging 5.6 assists as a SG is more than respectable, and would only go up as a PG in my opinion. The bottom line is this team needs a combo guard at the point, a distributor like Nash and Jose wouldn't cut it.
He's a very ball dominant guard, so I don't think the assists would go up all that much to be honest.

He's also quite turnover prone. 3.2 turnovers this year, averaging only 5.6 assists.

I don't think he'd be worth the price it would take to get him, especially if the idea is to play him at the point.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #969 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
He's a very ball dominant guard, so I don't think the assists would go up all that much to be honest.

He's also quite turnover prone. 3.2 turnovers this year, averaging only 5.6 assists.

I don't think he'd be worth the price it would take to get him, especially if the idea is to play him at the point.
Quite turnover prone? You know who else gets 3 turnovers per game? Tyreke Evans, Derrick Rose, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash etc etc the list goes on. 3 turnovers is normal, anything less is someone who takes no risks and always gets criticized for it... like Calderon. I would trade anyone except DeRozan/Davis to get him.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #970 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Quite turnover prone? You know who else gets 3 turnovers per game? Tyreke Evans, Derrick Rose, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash etc etc the list goes on. 3 turnovers is normal, anything less is someone who takes no risks and always gets criticized for it... like Calderon. I would trade anyone except DeRozan/Davis to get him.
Yeah, he also averaged 3.8 a year ago.

If we wanted Monta we'd have to give up DeRozan and/or Ed.

The reason I hardly ever check this site, is because it's full of unrealistic options, and the analysis is terrible by some of the posters.

To say that he's not turnover prone is completely ignorant. I don't know why I'm arguing with you, it's pointless. You always get so offended when someone disagree's with you. You should be used to it, some of your analysis is ludicrous, and it still baffles me that you constantly think your right with all the stupid arguments you've presented in the past.

Just because I don't think Ellis would be a great point guard, doesn't mean he wouldn't be, it's just my opinion. Calm down.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #971 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Quite turnover prone? You know who else gets 3 turnovers per game? Tyreke Evans, Derrick Rose, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash etc etc the list goes on. 3 turnovers is normal, anything less is someone who takes no risks and always gets criticized for it... like Calderon. I would trade anyone except DeRozan/Davis to get him.
actually, using Calderon in that example just shows a lack of judgment. Dude has been among the leaders the last few years in assist:turnover and runs an offence quite well. Regardless of taking chances or not, he's proof that you don't need to take chances.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #972 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,758
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
Yeah, he also averaged 3.8 a year ago.

If we wanted Monta we'd have to give up DeRozan and/or Ed.

The reason I hardly ever check this site, is because it's full of unrealistic options, and the analysis is terrible by some of the posters.

To say that he's not turnover prone is completely ignorant. I don't know why I'm arguing with you, it's pointless. You always get so offended when someone disagree's with you. You should be used to it, some of your analysis is ludicrous, and it still baffles me that you constantly think your right with all the stupid arguments you've presented in the past.

Just because I don't think Ellis would be a great point guard, doesn't mean he wouldn't be, it's just my opinion. Calm down.

He is a little turnover prone. But not really more then most considering he's averaged 41mpg his last two seasons, which has to be taken into any arugment for or against him. Last season he averaged ONE turnover more then Calderon, but played 10 more mpg.

Last edited by jeffb; 05-22-2011 at 12:46 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #973 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
Yeah, he also averaged 3.8 a year ago.

If we wanted Monta we'd have to give up DeRozan and/or Ed.

The reason I hardly ever check this site, is because it's full of unrealistic options, and the analysis is terrible by some of the posters.

To say that he's not turnover prone is completely ignorant. I don't know why I'm arguing with you, it's pointless. You always get so offended when someone disagree's with you. You should be used to it, some of your analysis is ludicrous, and it still baffles me that you constantly think your right with all the stupid arguments you've presented in the past.

Just because I don't think Ellis would be a great point guard, doesn't mean he wouldn't be, it's just my opinion. Calm down.
You know who averaged 3.8 this season? Russell Westbrook, and it doesn't change the fact he is one of the best guards in the NBA. Lebron averaged 3.6 this season, and it doesn't change the fact that he is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world right now. Your turnover argument is the worst argument I have ever seen in my life, stop talking before you make a fool of yourself.. oh wait you already did.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #974 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He is a little turnover prone. But not really more then most considering he's averaged 41mpg his last two seasons, which has to be taken into any arugment for or against him.
I agree, but it's his assists to turnover ratio that makes me think he would be a poor point guard.

I mean, the guy is already handling the ball a lot, and his assist numbers defenitely aren't something to write home about.

I just don't think he would be much of a point guard, that's all I'm saying.

I look at someone like Tyreke Evans, and I see him not working out a the point position at all, and it makes me think that Ellis would be similar to that.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #975 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,793
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
actually, using Calderon in that example just shows a lack of judgment. Dude has been among the leaders the last few years in assist:turnover and runs an offence quite well. Regardless of taking chances or not, he's proof that you don't need to take chances.
JC was a poor throw in but I get what you mean. JC doesn't do 'chances' well. Not his game.

Ellis, last time I brought him up I got roasted lol. Ellis does best when he's the SG. I thought he played the best when he played with Baron.

I still think JC, Ellis, DD, Davis, Defensive C would be a great lineup. Someone like Jonas or Bismack for the defensive C.

With West 'consulting' and being part owner of GS, along with a new coach, is going to be very interesting. I think there will be big changes there.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #976 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
You know who averaged 3.8 this season? Russell Westbrook, and it doesn't change the fact he is one of the best guards in the NBA. Lebron averaged 3.6 this season, and it doesn't change the fact that he is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world right now. Your turnover argument is the worst argument I have ever seen in my life, stop talking before you make a fool of yourself.. oh wait you already did.
Look at the assist numbers for Westbrook and LeBron you clever guy. Both are are heck of a lot higher than Mr. Ellis'.

If that's the worst argument you've ever seen in your life, then you must not proof read your posts.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #977 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 64
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He is a little turnover prone. But not really more then most considering he's averaged 41mpg his last two seasons, which has to be taken into any arugment for or against him. Last season he averaged ONE turnover more then Calderon, but played 10 more mpg.
How many assists did he average? 5.6. That's 3.3 less than Calderon in 10 more mpg.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #978 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,758
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
I agree, but it's his assists to turnover ratio that makes me think he would be a poor point guard.

I mean, the guy is already handling the ball a lot, and his assist numbers defenitely aren't something to write home about.

I just don't think he would be much of a point guard, that's all I'm saying.
Fair enough, but he's being asked to be a shooter playing alongside Curry who averages 6apg. To say that you're two main ball handlers who score an average of 41ppg get 11apg is not bad. BTW, Curry who everyone raves about averaged 3.1 turnovers after averaging 3 in his first season.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #979 (permalink)
raptor jesus

Senior Member
 
Don Vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
Look at the assist numbers that clever guy. Both are are heck of a lot higher than Mr. Ellis'.

If that's the worst argument you've ever seen in your life, then you must not proof read your posts.
Ellis has no supporting cast to dish out assists to. Who is he going to give the ball to, Dorell Wright? David Lee? Also Curry has been handling the ball alot making Ellis less ball-dominant than you think. Ellis doesn't have Durant, Wade, Bosh or anyone worth a dam besides Curry who is playing the point. Maybe Steve Nash can get a couple more assists on this team but they would be equally as bad.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #980 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,758
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
How many assists did he average? 5.6. That's 3.3 less than Calderon in 10 more mpg.
He's a lot more of a scorer. He averaged 24ppg to Jose's 10ppg, the fact that he averaged nearly 6apg while scoring at that clip is damn impressive as their secondary distributor.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24