The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 289
Old 05-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #5761 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,650
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
I thought that a while back, but someone posted evidence to the opposite and I can't find it right now, but I wouldn't like to enable the unthinkable become thinkable. Lowry has grown up a lot since those days. Don't want to take the chance. Still think our biggest competition for Lowry will be HOU and Indy.
I did, KL was asked about McHale, he said he didn't understand what McHale was trying to teach - he couldn't see it then, too much emotion getting in his way: and his stubbornness. KL said he understood it now and that he was a good coach and wished it could have been different when he was there.

I believe the conversation was centred on his new found maturity - having a baby, his wife, his connection with DC and especially MU (after KL was pulled in with MU for a riot act session).

Not sure if that meant he would be ok going back, contract maneuvering, or a little of both. All we know for sure is there will be a few teams lining up and Houston will definitely be one of them; and his relationship with McHale won't be an issue. Yikes - Lowry/harden/parsons/jones/Howard, that would be a sick starting 5 - something KL will see as well IMO
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #5762 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,694
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I did, KL was asked about McHale, he said he didn't understand what McHale was trying to teach - he couldn't see it then, too much emotion getting in his way: and his stubbornness. KL said he understood it now and that he was a good coach and wished it could have been different when he was there.

I believe the conversation was centred on his new found maturity - having a baby, his wife, his connection with DC and especially MU (after KL was pulled in with MU for a riot act session).

Not sure if that meant he would be ok going back, contract maneuvering, or a little of both. All we know for sure is there will be a few teams lining up and Houston will definitely be one of them; and his relationship with McHale won't be an issue. Yikes - Lowry/harden/parsons/jones/Howard, that would be a sick starting 5 - something KL will see as well IMO
KL will also see that in Toronto he's the lead dog. It's his team. In HOU, will it be his, or Hardens or Howards? Remember that we can match the HOU $, plus do an extra year.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #5763 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I did, KL was asked about McHale, he said he didn't understand what McHale was trying to teach - he couldn't see it then, too much emotion getting in his way: and his stubbornness. KL said he understood it now and that he was a good coach and wished it could have been different when he was there.

I believe the conversation was centred on his new found maturity - having a baby, his wife, his connection with DC and especially MU (after KL was pulled in with MU for a riot act session).

Not sure if that meant he would be ok going back, contract maneuvering, or a little of both. All we know for sure is there will be a few teams lining up and Houston will definitely be one of them; and his relationship with McHale won't be an issue. Yikes - Lowry/harden/parsons/jones/Howard, that would be a sick starting 5 - something KL will see as well IMO
How much money does Houston have to spend?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #5764 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,045
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
How much money does Houston have to spend?
Right now, nothing (well, the MLE). In the context of any proposed trade (such as my own) where they manage to shed Asik and Lin for close to nothing, they could have up to 10-15M in space.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #5765 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,233
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Right now, nothing (well, the MLE). In the context of any proposed trade (such as my own) where they manage to shed Asik and Lin for close to nothing, they could have up to 10-15M in space.
Title of this article is a bit misleading. Sounds to me like Morey would be willing to at least discuss offers.

Houston Rockets Reportedly Not Planning to Trade Omer Asik or Jeremy Lin | Bleacher Report
gdaytday is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #5766 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,650
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaytday View Post
Title of this article is a bit misleading. Sounds to me like Morey would be willing to at least discuss offers.

Houston Rockets Reportedly Not Planning to Trade Omer Asik or Jeremy Lin | Bleacher Report
Just posturing for potentials imo.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #5767 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,650
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
KL will also see that in Toronto he's the lead dog. It's his team. In HOU, will it be his, or Hardens or Howards? Remember that we can match the HOU $, plus do an extra year.
Oh no doubt, I was just commenting on the relationships. As long as TO can address the 2 needs well enough, then I suspect he will stay. I know MU has stated that he would rather lock up KL asap BEFORE looking for other FA's (which is in the team's best interest) however it would be in KL's best interest to take the "wait and see" approach.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #5768 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,045
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Oh no doubt, I was just commenting on the relationships. As long as TO can address the 2 needs well enough, then I suspect he will stay. I know MU has stated that he would rather lock up KL asap BEFORE looking for other FA's (which is in the team's best interest) however it would be in KL's best interest to take the "wait and see" approach.
Well, free agents that wait tend to have less and less suitors, as teams want to use that cap space and if they can't get a commitment, they pursue another player. Typically the courting is done before players are even allowed to sign. The free agent contract values decrease dramatically the further you get from July 10th, as cap space dwindles very fast and suddenly even if a couple teams have room, they don't have competition and it's a buyer's market. Definitely in Lowry's best interest to do his thinking during the moratorium and commit to a team before commitments are made elsewhere.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #5769 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,650
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Well, free agents that wait tend to have less and less suitors, as teams want to use that cap space and if they can't get a commitment, they pursue another player. Typically the courting is done before players are even allowed to sign. The free agent contract values decrease dramatically the further you get from July 10th, as cap space dwindles very fast and suddenly even if a couple teams have room, they don't have competition and it's a buyer's market. Definitely in Lowry's best interest to do his thinking during the moratorium and commit to a team before commitments are made elsewhere.
Lesser ones definitely, not so much with All Star caliber PG's but I agree it would be nice if he signed right away.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #5770 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,784
Representing:
Default

Atlanda: Derozan, TH, 2nd rounder

Toronto: Al Horford

Apparently Atlanta wants Monroe, so maybe they look to move Horford for wing help.

Then: Salmons, future pick for Wilson chandler

Sign VC to a vet min or bi-annual deal

Lowry-Vasquez-De Colo
Ross-Carter-Fields
Chandler-Carter-Fields
Horford-Amir-Patman
Valanciunas-Horford-Hayes
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #5771 (permalink)
in Masai I trust

Member
 
cheekykent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 309
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Atlanda: Derozan, TH, 2nd rounder

Toronto: Al Horford

Apparently Atlanta wants Monroe, so maybe they look to move Horford for wing help.

Then: Salmons, future pick for Wilson chandler

Sign VC to a vet min or bi-annual deal

Lowry-Vasquez-De Colo
Ross-Carter-Fields
Chandler-Carter-Fields
Horford-Amir-Patman
Valanciunas-Horford-Hayes
wowawewa! that is niiiiice!
cheekykent is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #5772 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,016
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Atlanda: Derozan, TH, 2nd rounder

Toronto: Al Horford

Apparently Atlanta wants Monroe, so maybe they look to move Horford for wing help.

Then: Salmons, future pick for Wilson chandler

Sign VC to a vet min or bi-annual deal

Lowry-Vasquez-De Colo
Ross-Carter-Fields
Chandler-Carter-Fields
Horford-Amir-Patman
Valanciunas-Horford-Hayes
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaayum. Do it up MU, if Horford comes back strong next year that will be a beast team

I would think Amir would be dealt as well if we got Horford, Patterson would fit us better at that point
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #5773 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 243
Representing:
Default

horford is a centre piece at Atl. Not sure they're looking to trade him for anyone on our roster ATM.

If he were to be available, I would assume they were tanking, to which end I think they will be looking to pile up picks not a derozan/amir type of deal.

That said, he would be a perfect piece.
Wictory is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #5774 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaayum. Do it up MU, if Horford comes back strong next year that will be a beast team

I would think Amir would be dealt as well if we got Horford, Patterson would fit us better at that point
I'd keep Amir and allow him to expire in 2015 with Fields and concentrate on going after an upgrade at SF (max player?), allowing us to either not pick up Chandler's final year or have him come off the bench.

2015-16 season, Rebrand + All-Star game season:

Lowry- Vasquez- De Colo
Ross- Carter- De Colo
Lebron- Chandler- Carter
Horford- Patterson- Chandler
Valanciunas- Horford- Vet



Too Greedy?

Last edited by jeffb; 05-11-2014 at 03:32 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #5775 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wictory View Post
horford is a centre piece at Atl. Not sure they're looking to trade him for anyone on our roster ATM.

If he were to be available, I would assume they were tanking, to which end I think they will be looking to pile up picks not a derozan/amir type of deal.

That said, he would be a perfect piece.
If the rumors are true and they want Monroe, then they're have too many starting bigs who take up way too much cap space. A back court of Teague and Derozan + front court Monroe and Milsap would be formidable. Not great defensively but interesting none the less.

Myself, I doubt they go after Monroe. Seems like an odd choice of players to go after given their roster.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #5776 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,045
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Atlanda: Derozan, TH, 2nd rounder

Toronto: Al Horford

Apparently Atlanta wants Monroe, so maybe they look to move Horford for wing help.

Then: Salmons, future pick for Wilson chandler

Sign VC to a vet min or bi-annual deal

Lowry-Vasquez-De Colo
Ross-Carter-Fields
Chandler-Carter-Fields
Horford-Amir-Patman
Valanciunas-Horford-Hayes
I would easily include our 1st if it got us Horford for DD.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #5777 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,964
Representing:
Default

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN + we swap picks

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN although I would prefer to try and trade Amir for Harrison Barnes
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #5778 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,650
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
I would easily include our 1st if it got us Horford for DD.
You're really becoming more vocal of DD being traded....in your honest opinion, or others that feel the same, is DD really an impediment to the future success of the team?

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 05-15-2014 at 09:35 AM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #5779 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
You're really becoming more vocal of DD being traded....in your honest opinion, or others that feel the same, is DD really an impediment to the future success of the team?
Who is saying he's an impediment?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #5780 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,650
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Who is saying he's an impediment?
Well, DanH feels he should be traded and that DD's defense will continue to hurt the team - something like that anyways. He hasn't really been quiet about his feelings on the matter and the majority of his trade ideas center around DD being moved. Maybe I'm misinterpreting
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24