The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 282
Old 02-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #5621 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 71
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diamond Scorpion View Post
2 things

1) Now I agree that Amir will probably end up asking for Gibson money when he hits free agency, but you also need to take into account that the guy could easily have a horrible season next year or could get injured, thus resulting in his stock dropping with his asking price coming down. Yet again like Bennett's situation it is a risk, so MU has to weigh the pros and cons.

Also, this is not just for you but all the Bennett supporters that seem to want this guy here, why wouldn't you attempt to make this trade for a similar type player that is actually playing well? Everyone here has to stop wishing about getting a goddamn Canadian player on this team. Who the fuck cares where the player is from. Everyone has to realize, that while yes he could turn out to be a good player, he could also turn out to be a major bust that then wastes are fucking cap space for that year.

Guess what happens then? We go back to square one where we would have been with Amir. We would then have to sign a free agent big and you are not getting one that produces on both sides of the floor for cheap. I'm not saying I'm willing to overpay for Amir, put if you are looking to get a young decent PF to possibly replace him in the case that he will ask for too much, why not go after a different player through a trade rather than Bennett.

We already have a problem getting players to want to come and play here, so why trade one away just for the sake of possible potential. Fucking Bargs had potential and look how that turned out.

2) You made some solid points in your post and I give you props for that, but don't just spew some shit for the sake of tooting your own horn. You questioned me by saying "you seriously want to pick up Salmons 7 mil option next year" which you then said was absurd. Read my comment fully there bud. I said to only do this if we don't acquire or sign a free agent SF.

Also you agreed with my point of TH over CH any day. Though after this is where my issue with your statement comes up.

You then go on to say "but guess what? No one will touch that nasty, atrocious contract." (In this case I know you are talking about Hayes expiring next season) Only to then go and say "We could potentially trade away Fields/Hayes (12+ million), our 2016 NYK first, and 2 second rounders (we acquire from Hansbrough trade), for capspace, if Luol Deng agrees to sign with us.

Your statement is so hypocritical it's that funny.

I am in agreement with you that I would also love to have Deng sign here as a free agent, and if he does want to then as I said above there is no need to pick up Salmons option.
Iíve acknowledged Amirís worth already. I think Masai would have to consider his options as itís very unlikely for a team to trade an established good controllable young player, unless theyíre getting a close to all-star type player. If we could get Harrison Barnes, Iím all for it. Thereís an element of risk and reward in trading him. Bargs had potential and didnít work out, but other players with potential can work out i.e. Dirk. Thatís why thereís definitely risk involved as Iíve noted. Amir could digress next year or continue on this path or even get slightly better. We donít know what his asking price is going to be, but Iíll bet heís going to be looking for a raise from 7 million. On the plus side, if Bennet turns out, having him Patterson, Valanciunas, and another big via FA wouldnít look bad at all.

I did read your post there fully ďbud,Ē and irrespective of whether or not we sign an SF in the offseason, thereís no way Iíd or Masai for that matter pick up that 7 million dollar option. Itís nice having expirings like you mentioned, but with Hayes/Fields/ and potentially Hansbrough, we have more than enough expirings to dangle in a trade for a player, we donít need another 7 million dollar one. We could easily decline Salmons team option, lose 1 million, and work on a deal with him that would cost us cumulatively well less than 7 million.

Before you accuse me of hypocrisy, please read my post entirely. No one is going to touch Hayesí atrocious contract presently in terms of us getting any value right now Ė Hayes wonít land us an expiring, a pick, or anything at all, so thatís why thereís really no point of putting his name out there unless heís traded as a part of a package where we add something attractive - could be a pick or a player (Lowry like I mentioned earlier). There is no way I would trade a first round pick right now to get rid of Hayes. I said I would package Hayes, and Fields, (who in the offseason, will actually be on expiring contracts and more valuable to teams whereas today theyíre not expirings), along with adding some value (i.e. giving up a first rounder, and 2 second round picks), if Luol Deng was willing to sign with us. Thereís a precedent out there of that occurring last year with Iggy going to Golden State. There was no way GS would give up picks if they didnít get assurances of Iggy signing. So, in a similar situation, I could give up some of our assets (picks) to land an all-star.
Raptor4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #5622 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 4,106
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor4Life View Post
I’ve acknowledged Amir’s worth already. I think Masai would have to consider his options as it’s very unlikely for a team to trade an established good controllable young player, unless they’re getting a close to all-star type player. If we could get Harrison Barnes, I’m all for it. There’s an element of risk and reward in trading him. Bargs had potential and didn’t work out, but other players with potential can work out i.e. Dirk. That’s why there’s definitely risk involved as I’ve noted. Amir could digress next year or continue on this path or even get slightly better. We don’t know what his asking price is going to be, but I’ll bet he’s going to be looking for a raise from 7 million. On the plus side, if Bennet turns out, having him Patterson, Valanciunas, and another big via FA wouldn’t look bad at all.

I did read your post there fully “bud,” and irrespective of whether or not we sign an SF in the offseason, there’s no way I’d or Masai for that matter pick up that 7 million dollar option. It’s nice having expirings like you mentioned, but with Hayes/Fields/ and potentially Hansbrough, we have more than enough expirings to dangle in a trade for a player, we don’t need another 7 million dollar one. We could easily decline Salmons team option, lose 1 million, and work on a deal with him that would cost us cumulatively well less than 7 million.

Before you accuse me of hypocrisy, please read my post entirely. No one is going to touch Hayes’ atrocious contract presently in terms of us getting any value right now – Hayes won’t land us an expiring, a pick, or anything at all, so that’s why there’s really no point of putting his name out there unless he’s traded as a part of a package where we add something attractive - could be a pick or a player (Lowry like I mentioned earlier). There is no way I would trade a first round pick right now to get rid of Hayes. I said I would package Hayes, and Fields, (who in the offseason, will actually be on expiring contracts and more valuable to teams whereas today they’re not expirings), along with adding some value (i.e. giving up a first rounder, and 2 second round picks), if Luol Deng was willing to sign with us. There’s a precedent out there of that occurring last year with Iggy going to Golden State. There was no way GS would give up picks if they didn’t get assurances of Iggy signing. So, in a similar situation, I could give up some of our assets (picks) to land an all-star.
I don't know why you said this and I quote

"There is no way I would trade a first round pick right now to get rid of Hayes."

I never said anything about wanting to trade Hayes and other expiring contracts with our 1st rounder.

I said this and I quote

"We could look at this 2 ways, we would have Fields 8.5 mil, Hayes 6 mil, TH 3.3 mil and possibly Salmons 7 mil (which we should pick up if we don't acquire a starting SF in the off-season or draft) that are all expiring that we could ask teams that have a player on a bad 2yr contract if they would like to take our expiring table scraps for a 1st rounder or two with the garbage player's contract.

I clearly said trading our shit players for a bad contract player on another team along with their first rounder, though I should have specified next season. Though I clearly said expiring which you should know means next season as I even talked about Salmons option and you know that Hayes and Fields expire next year too.

We are in agreement with this "package Hayes, and Fields, (who in the offseason, will actually be on expiring contracts and more valuable to teams whereas today they’re not expirings), along with adding some value (i.e. giving up a first rounder, and 2 second round picks)" it's just that you miss interpreted me and I should have specified next season.

Last edited by Diamond Scorpion; 02-01-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:04 AM   #5623 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 71
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diamond Scorpion View Post
I don't know why you said this and I quote

"There is no way I would trade a first round pick right now to get rid of Hayes."

I never said anything about wanting to trade Hayes and other expiring contracts with our 1st rounder.

I said this and I quote

"We could look at this 2 ways, we would have Fields 8.5 mil, Hayes 6 mil, TH 3.3 mil and possibly Salmons 7 mil (which we should pick up if we don't acquire a starting SF in the off-season or draft) that are all expiring that we could ask teams that have a player on a bad 2yr contract if they would like to take our expiring table scraps for a 1st rounder or two with the garbage player's contract.

I clearly said trading our shit players for a bad contract player on another team along with their first rounder, though I should have specified next season. Though I clearly said expiring which you should know means next season as I even talked about Salmons option and you know that Hayes and Fields expire next year too.

We are in agreement with this "package Hayes, and Fields, (who in the offseason, will actually be on expiring contracts and more valuable to teams whereas today theyíre not expirings), along with adding some value (i.e. giving up a first rounder, and 2 second round picks)" it's just that you miss interpreted me and I should have specified next season.

I brought up trading TH, and you said ďTo me it makes no sense in moving TH over CH.Ē I responded by saying no one will want him right now. Youíre saying we can package him next season and take on a bad contract and a pick. Well, Iím talking about here and now. Thereís nothing we can get for him of value, we have to basically give up something to get rid of him. I didnít say that you said that we should get rid of Hayes for a pick, I merely pointed out that it would likely cost us a pick to get rid of him or alternatively adding him in a package with a good player ( i.e. lowry).
Raptor4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #5624 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,648
Representing:
Default

Just toying around with the Vasquez on the move idea.

Vasquez and Hansborough for Andre Miller.

Who says yes first?

Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #5625 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 22,168
Representing:
Default

Denver does seeing as Miller doesn't want to play and they would be getting a back up PG in this deal, especially since Nate is down for the season
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #5626 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,709
Representing:
Default

Miller would be a great addition imo
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #5627 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,648
Representing:
Default

And really we wouldn't be losing much since Hans has been MIA during our run and Vasquez has be replaceable.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #5628 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,709
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
And really we wouldn't be losing much since Hans has been MIA during our run and Vasquez has be replaceable.
That seems a bit much tbh, maybe we could also get a second rounder back
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #5629 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 4,106
Representing:
Default

I personally don't want to move Vasquez, unless we can get Miller to commit to signing an extension for a year or two to back up Lowry for between 2-3 mil per year. I wouldn't move Psycho T, instead I'd just offer Vasquez and probably Buycks since Denver is really lacking PG's right now. If they want a 2nd rounder too I'd throw it in, but I'd rather keep Vasquez.
Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:51 AM   #5630 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574
Representing:
Default

Denver get Vasquez + Novak
Toronto get A. Miller + Hamilton + 2nd rd 2014 portland (DEN)
Bankiz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #5631 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,140
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Just toying around with the Vasquez on the move idea.

Vasquez and Hansborough for Andre Miller.

Who says yes first?

So you are going to give them 2 serviceable pieces for a 40 y/o point guard?!
No thanks.
EDIT: He is 'only' 38.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #5632 (permalink)
back

Senior Member
 
DuCa00795's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Maratimes
Posts: 3,272
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
So you are going to give them 2 serviceable pieces for a 40 y/o point guard?!
No thanks.
My thought as well, also considering the fact that they are not even playing him, so I think they will take bare minimum for him to get him out of there.
DuCa00795 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #5633 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Why don't we cut Daye and then add Ridnour for the TPE this year? May as well use it. I doubt Milwaukee would really want anything of value considering their tanking, would prefer giving minutes to Knight and Wolters; and Ridnour is an expiring. I assume GV would be dealt but then there'd be no locked in backup pg for next season.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #5634 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,709
Representing:
Default

Similar to the previous trade that posted

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN +1st MIA 2015 to Bucks, + 2014 Dallas 1st 1-20 protected, until 2018 (unprotected in 2018) to Toronto

There are some questions about this trade, it really depends how some of the GM look at these players. Cleveland gets a big who is able to play PF and C is versatile low maintenance player who brings much needed vet presence to the locker room.

Bucks gets promising SG, it's not a perfect fit now but should be very good for them in the future. Imo they are going to need to trade Mayo anyway, and I think Antetokounpo will be able to play SF. plus they get a pick while cleaning up the cap

OKC becomes even better, makes a lot of sense for them imo. And they would still have plenty of pieces to trade for a backup PG

We get a backup center, very promising young PG and a pick. All of our big contracts who are not a future of this team expire 2015 leaving us very solid core and lots of capspace.

Thoughts?

Last edited by LOG; 02-04-2014 at 01:43 PM.
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #5635 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
Similar to the previous trade that posted

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN +1st MIA 2015 to Bucks, + 2014 Dallas 1st 1-20 protected, until 2018 (unprotected in 2018) to Toronto

There are some questions about this trade, it really depends how some of the GM look at these players. Cleveland gets a big who is able to play PF and C is versatile low maintenance player who brings much needed vet presence to the locker room.

Bucks gets promising SG, it's not a perfect fit now but should be very good for them in the future. Imo they are going to need to trade Mayo anyway, and I think Antetokounpo will be able to play SF. plus they get a pick while cleaning up the cap

OKC becomes even better, makes a lot of sense for them imo. And they would still have plenty of pieces to trade for a backup PG

We get a backup center, very promising young PG and a pick. All of our big contracts who are not a future of this team expire 2015 leaving us very solid core and lots of capspace.

Thoughts?
We downgrade though this year which I believe is not in the plan this season unless there's a lot of faith in PP.

OKC doesn't do that trade because RW is out. If RW is fully healthy by the deadline then maybe but they like RJ to a degree and they need a starting pg at the moment and RJ is holding down the fort for the time being.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #5636 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,709
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
We downgrade though this year which I believe is not in the plan this season unless there's a lot of faith in PP.

OKC doesn't do that trade because RW is out. If RW is fully healthy by the deadline then maybe but they like RJ to a degree and they need a starting pg at the moment and RJ is holding down the fort for the time being.
I think we would be fine with Pat as a starter and TH, Hayes, Perkins of the The bench.

And i do think that OKC would do it, Sanders with Ibaka would be crazy good. They could use Sefalosha etc to trade for PG. They are easily going to make the playoffs, and Westbrook is going to be healthy when it matters. That team would be very good imo

Im not sure About Cle and Bucks though
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #5637 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
I think we would be fine with Pat as a starter and TH, Hayes, Perkins of the The bench.

And i do think that OKC would do it, Sanders with Ibaka would be crazy good. They could use Sefalosha etc to trade for PG. They are easily going to make the playoffs, and Westbrook is going to be healthy when it matters. That team would be very good imo

Im not sure About Cle and Bucks though
Idk man Amir is the heart and soul of this team and Amir>>> PP. Defensively, efficiency, and in many other aspects.

They could but they'd have to do a trade really fast as they'd be with Stone and DFish and their PGs.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #5638 (permalink)
LOG
Is sick and tired of Casey

Senior Member
 
LOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,709
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Idk man Amir is the heart and soul of this team and Amir>>> PP. Defensively, efficiency, and in many other aspects.
I would say that Lowry is the heart and soul of this team, but yea I agree Amir is very important. Having said that, Reggie Jackson over Vasquez would be a very big improvement.

Quote:
They could but they'd have to do a trade really fast as they'd be with Stone and DFish and their PGs.
If they would consider something like that, i think they would trade for PG before trading for Sanders or at least have trade ready.
There are some descent backup PG's available
LOG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #5639 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOG View Post
I would say that Lowry is the heart and soul of this team, but yea I agree Amir is very important. Having said that, Reggie Jackson over Vasquez would be a very big improvement.



If they would consider something like that, i think they would trade for PG before trading for Sanders or at least have trade ready.
There are some descent backup PG's available
Well he has been for the past x amount of years. True.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #5640 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,574
Representing:
Default

OKC get Rondo + TH + stone
Boston get Perkins + Sefolosha + Vasquez + Money (tor) + 1st Dallas 2014 + 1st OKC 2014 + 1st Tor 2014 TOR + 1st NYK 2016
TOR get Jackson + Bogans + Olynyk + 2nd rd OKC 2015

OKC add an elite point guard defender-passer.

Boston get picks, shed some money, get two expirings. they continue to rebuild.
they will have 6 1st pick in the 2014 draft, so they can rebuid.

TOR get a vet wing, a young pg and a young center.
as we know we will not go into june, so we should invest in talent.
we bet on this young talent instead of "probable" talent.

Lowry/Jackson/Buycks
DD/Bogans/Fields
TR/Salmons/Novak
PP/Olynyk/Daye
JV/AJ/Hayes
Bankiz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24