The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 253
Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #5041 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Last edited by jeffb; 11-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #5042 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

MIN out: Derrick Williams, NOP 2nd rounder, GSW 2nd
MIN in: Amir

NYK out: Felton, Shumpert
NYK in: Lowry

TOR out: Lowry, Amir
TOR in: Shumpert, D-Williams, Felton NOP 2nd, GSW 2nd

Last edited by KoolAid; 11-16-2013 at 05:36 PM.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #5043 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,570
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It isnt loading
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #5044 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,570
Representing:
Default

Toronto trade Amir and Novak for Asik.

Then we flip Asik to OKC for Perkins and their 2 first rounders.

Hou gets a 4 to play with howard, and a backup 4 who specializes with the 3.

Tor flip Asik to OKC, who gets a great Center that will make them compete. Durant, baka and Asik would be one of the best front courts. They give up Perkins and 2 late firsts.

Overall raps trade: Novak and Amir for 2 first rounders and perkins
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #5045 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
It isnt loading
I know, trying to remember the players.

Toronto: Asik, Beverly, W. Chandler

Houston: Faried, Fields, Lawson

Denver: DD, Amir, Lowry, Garcia


Not sure if that was the exact deal, but something like that. I erased it.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #5046 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,576
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
MIN out: Derrick Williams, NOP 2nd rounder, GSW 2nd
MIN in: Amir

NYK out: Felton, Shumpert
NYK in: Lowry

TOR out: Lowry, Amir
TOR in: Shumpert, D-Williams, NOP 2nd, GSW 2nd
So where does Felton go :P You forgot him XD
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #5047 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,576
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I know, trying to remember the players.

Toronto: Asik, Beverly, W. Chandler

Houston: Faried, Fields, Lawson

Denver: DD, Amir, Lowry, Garcia


Not sure if that was the exact deal, but something like that. I erased it.
Denver loses so bad if thats the deal its not even funny lol.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #5048 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
So where does Felton go :P You forgot him XD
Minnesota?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #5049 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,835
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Denver loses so bad if thats the deal its not even funny lol.
Fuck that, it's hilarious
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #5050 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,576
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Fuck that, it's hilarious
For us and Houston lol
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #5051 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
So where does Felton go :P You forgot him XD
My bad, Felton goes to the raptors
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #5052 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 235
Representing:
Default

I don't have a trade proposal, but I see the sixers have two point guards with upside in Tony Wroten and MCW, and I'd like to see the Raptors target Tony Wroten (Kyle Lowry should not be in the future plans).

The last two games he started in place of MCW - the first was triple-double, the second was decent. Wroten's going to be starting again tonight, and I'm highly interested in how he'll perform. Y'all should be too.
jaRydIeeP is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #5053 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaRydIeeP View Post
I don't have a trade proposal, but I see the sixers have two point guards with upside in Tony Wroten and MCW, and I'd like to see the Raptors target Tony Wroten (Kyle Lowry should not be in the future plans).

The last two games he started in place of MCW - the first was triple-double, the second was decent. Wroten's going to be starting again tonight, and I'm highly interested in how he'll perform. Y'all should be too.
I was liking Wroten but they picked Ross. Lots of upside.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #5054 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,792
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
Toronto trade Amir and Novak for Asik.

Then we flip Asik to OKC for Perkins and their 2 first rounders.

Hou gets a 4 to play with howard, and a backup 4 who specializes with the 3.

Tor flip Asik to OKC, who gets a great Center that will make them compete. Durant, baka and Asik would be one of the best front courts. They give up Perkins and 2 late firsts.

Overall raps trade: Novak and Amir for 2 first rounders and perkins
Nice, I love this idea.
woodchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #5055 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Here's the crystal ball scenario:

Julius Randal puts up dominant numbers for Kentucky all year.

Jabari Parker stays hot from 3 and starts looking like the next Larry Bird.

Wiggins puts up mediocre numbers for a Kansas team that emphasizes wins over stats.

Wiggins drops to 3rd in the draft, where Charlotte is picking.

Charlotte can't pick Wiggins, because MKG just had a really nice year and looks like the real deal, so they ask about a trade.

JV for Wiggins.

Do you do it?
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #5056 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,951
Representing:
Default

Toronto trades Demar Derozan & Kyle Lowry to Sacramento for Grievas Vasquez, Marcus Thornton and Luc M'bah a Moute.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #5057 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
Toronto trades Demar Derozan & Kyle Lowry to Sacramento for Grievas Vasquez, Marcus Thornton and Luc M'bah a Moute.
Can't we ask for McLemore?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #5058 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,951
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Can't we ask for McLemore?
We can ask. They'll counter with Fredette. Oh, I'm feeling not so well.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #5059 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,792
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
Here's the crystal ball scenario:

Julius Randal puts up dominant numbers for Kentucky all year.

Jabari Parker stays hot from 3 and starts looking like the next Larry Bird.

Wiggins puts up mediocre numbers for a Kansas team that emphasizes wins over stats.

Wiggins drops to 3rd in the draft, where Charlotte is picking.

Charlotte can't pick Wiggins, because MKG just had a really nice year and looks like the real deal, so they ask about a trade.

JV for Wiggins.

Do you do it?
In this scenario, NBA teams sound like they are run by taxi drivers with stats sheets. Fans are discussing Kansas style a year in advance, yet professional NBA scouts won't consider it.

None of this is viable based on what we've seen so far. Wiggins looks awesome. Defense and overall talent level is amazing. He's still the favorite to go no.1. If somehow Randle/Parker or someone else jumps ahead of Wiggins in the draft, then that will be because of how amazing they are. If that happens, then we will all be talking about how this draft is better than LeBron's and the best since 1984, the draft that had three MVPs.

There's no chance that a team wouldn't pick Wiggins, based on what we've seen. Especially not because they have MKG. MKG and Wiggins would be a very good fit anyway. Both can defend SGs and SFs. There's no fit issue.

Yes, if the Raptors could trade Jonas for Wiggins, they should and would do it. But that won't happen. If the Raptors want any of the top 5 or so top prospects in this draft, they'll have to tank.
woodchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #5060 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

If Wiggins doesn't develop his perimeter game then him and MKG would be a terrible fit. What NBA team gets no shooting from both their 2 and 3 spots?

Personally, I think Wiggins will turn out fine in the long run, but right now there are some signs that his shooting might not come around as fast as some might like.

If he shoots around 30% from the college 3 and his FT% drops back into the high 60s like he shot in high school, then there are definitely scouts that will say that he'll never be a great shooter.

Also, remember that he's from a basketball family and has been playing his whole life, so you would expect his offensive skill set to be better developed at this point.

I'm off topic, though.

The point of the post is that there are scenarios in which the Wiggins pick is available in a trade, and an asset like JV is exactly what it would take to make a deal.

Consider that the highest ranked center in the 2014 draft is Joel Embiid. Embiid looks pretty good, but if JV has a good year then I can see some teams thinking that JV will have the better career.

Embiid is currently projected in the 5-10 range. JV is worth, in this draft, somewhere around there, though possibly a little higher if he's a known quantity.

So, if a team goes into the draft looking for a big, and Randal is off the board, then JV suddenly seems like a damn good option.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24