The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 137
Old 11-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #2721 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Jose + Bargs for Pau + Duhon

or

Jose + Bargs for Pau + Blake + a 1st round pick
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #2722 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Jose + Bargs for Pau + Duhon

or

Jose + Bargs for Pau + Blake + a 1st round pick
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #2723 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargn88 View Post
Expirings aren't that valuable unless you're willing to take on more years of salary. Pau is > Bargs, he could teach Jonas,etc some things this and next season (in practice and in games), we'd finally stop seeing Jose playing extended minutes which opens up minutes for Ross, etc. Lakers do it to get younger, get a backup PG this year to alleviate pressure off Nash, Bargs would fit in MikeD's system. If anything, Pau is a giant expiring next year.

It's simple but a reasonable trade.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #2724 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Expirings aren't that valuable unless you're willing to take on more years of salary. Pau is > Bargs, he could teach Jonas,etc some things this and next season (in practice and in games), we'd finally stop seeing Jose playing extended minutes which opens up minutes for Ross, etc. Lakers do it to get younger, get a backup PG this year to alleviate pressure off Nash, Bargs would fit in MikeD's system. If anything, Pau is a giant expiring next year.

It's simple but a reasonable trade.
I agree. People that are advocating a trade of Bargs for an expiring, need to understand that a Bargs for Gasol trade is a much better option. We would get a good quality player in return who I would argue would be better suited for our team and more importantly expires after 2013. We can trade him next year, re-sign him to a more cap friendly deal instead of the 19 million he's making, or if he walks that's a lot of capspace. If we could pull off a three team trade like the one I mentioned earlier with New York, and unload Fields that would be some serious capspace for 14.

TOR- GASOL, BLAKE. NY: Andrea, Fields, Clark. LA: Stoudemire and Calderon.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #2725 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
I agree. People that are advocating a trade of Bargs for an expiring, need to understand that a Bargs for Gasol trade is a much better option. We would get a good quality player in return who I would argue would be better suited for our team and more importantly expires after 2013. We can trade him next year, re-sign him to a more cap friendly deal instead of the 19 million he's making, or if he walks that's a lot of capspace. If we could pull off a three team trade like the one I mentioned earlier with New York, and unload Fields that would be some serious capspace for 14.

TOR- GASOL, BLAKE. NY: Andrea, Fields, Clark. LA: Stoudemire and Calderon.
Thank you.

Although I love your deal I just don't see LA doing it considering Amare's injury history. However, with MikeD there there's a chance they'd consider it.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #2726 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

There's no way BC trades DeRozan, but I would trade him for Tyreke Evans. I'll give DeRozan credit: he works hard and is slowly getting better each year. Just my opinion…I think Evans has a higher ceiling though and could be had in a straight up trade for DeRozan; whereas in the past this was a remote possibility.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #2727 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,377
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
There's no way BC trades DeRozan, but I would trade him for Tyreke Evans. I'll give DeRozan credit: he works hard and is slowly getting better each year. Just my opinion…I think Evans has a higher ceiling though and could be had in a straight up trade for DeRozan; whereas in the past this was a remote possibility.
Evans is a free agent at years end,he'll probably test the market and even if he does resign,he'll cost more money than DeRozan for the same productivity and impact essentially.

They should target Millsap as an expiring,in a deal involving Bargnani. Toronto really needs a legitimate SF if they aren't gonna start Kleiza. McGuire doesn't cut it,and DeRozan at the 3 isn't the solution unless its in spurts where you can bring in Ross to play the 2. Maybe targeting a savvy vet like Richard Jefferson can help.
MBailey85 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #2728 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
Evans is a free agent at years end,he'll probably test the market and even if he does resign,he'll cost more money than DeRozan for the same productivity and impact essentially.

They should target Millsap as an expiring,in a deal involving Bargnani. Toronto really needs a legitimate SF if they aren't gonna start Kleiza. McGuire doesn't cut it,and DeRozan at the 3 isn't the solution unless its in spurts where you can bring in Ross to play the 2. Maybe targeting a savvy vet like Richard Jefferson can help.
Yeah the only problem with getting Evans before the offseason, is that there's just too many desperate teams out there overpaying for RFA's these days. If we could pull it off in a sign and trade, that would be nice. I wouldn't take Jefferson though. If I were to trade Calderon for a vet SF, I would target a team like Dallas who MAY want to unload Marion in order to make an all out run for both Howard and Paul. I would ask for Marion -who is still is putting up some pretty good numbers- and some other piece(s).

Last edited by Raptors1995; 11-24-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:37 AM   #2729 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,360
Representing:
Default

I don't frequent this thread too often but a deal came to mind today so I thought I'd throw it out there....

Ross

for

D. Williams (MIN)


Salaries should be about the same and Williams is buried on the bench behind Love and AK47. I'd wager that he could easily start @ SF for us... and MIN would probably like a SG in return now that Roy seems done.

Thoughts?
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #2730 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I don't frequent this thread too often but a deal came to mind today so I thought I'd throw it out there....

Ross

for

D. Williams (MIN)


Salaries should be about the same and Williams is buried on the bench behind Love and AK47. I'd wager that he could easily start @ SF for us... and MIN would probably like a SG in return now that Roy seems done.

Thoughts?
Not a bad trade and could happen. But I'm with Adelman on this one - I'm not completely sold he could play the 3.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #2731 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Rick Adelman questioned whether Derrick Williams has the ability to play primarily at small forward.

“He wants to be a `3’ man,” Adelman said. “To be a 3 man, he’s going to have to be much more active and handle the ball and defend that spot. We’re trying to give him the opportunity to see what he can do because he can play both spots. He can’t just be a jump shooter at the 3 spot. He has to pound the ball inside and go to the boards. He’s bigger than most 3 men and stronger than most 3 men. He’s got to use those abilities.

“He’s got to be aggressive all the time. He’s got the ability. He’s quicker than `4’ men, but he avoids contact. He can’t just settle for jump shots. He can be a player in this league but he can’t be on cruise control.”

When told it didn’t sound like he was “sold” on Williams playing small forward, Adelman said, “I’m definitely not sold on him. He’s never played it. He’s got to go and prove he can do it. If he can do that, certainly I’ll use him there because he’s got some skills there. Going to the boards and rebounding, that’s on him. He’s got to be a factor on the boards.”

Via Jerry Zgoda/Minneapolis Star Tribune
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #2732 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,377
Representing:
Default

Derrick Williams is a 3,he can be like a Glenn Robinson. He remember his solid NCAA performance and he's not far removed from that. I'd trade Ross for him in a heartbeat(as TORap suggested),I'd even throw in Kleiza/Fields or McGuire to sweeten the deal.
MBailey85 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #2733 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
numbah eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 493
Representing:
Default

Kleiza, Amir, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for Thaddeus Young.
numbah eleven is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #2734 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
I agree. People that are advocating a trade of Bargs for an expiring, need to understand that a Bargs for Gasol trade is a much better option. We would get a good quality player in return who I would argue would be better suited for our team and more importantly expires after 2013. We can trade him next year, re-sign him to a more cap friendly deal instead of the 19 million he's making, or if he walks that's a lot of capspace. If we could pull off a three team trade like the one I mentioned earlier with New York, and unload Fields that would be some serious capspace for 14.

TOR- GASOL, BLAKE. NY: Andrea, Fields, Clark. LA: Stoudemire and Calderon.
We won't get anywhere by trading for capspace..... and Gasol has a 15% trade kicker as well. Yuck. The guy has really slowed down, he's been complaining about touches, they've been complaining about him for three years, and if he did walk, we'd be ruined. We just can't trade for space as part of the main plan. Gasol isn't taking a paycut to stay here.... nobody is. I bet we'd have to pay Jose 8M just to keep him. It's the truth. Nobody is signing here on the cheap. Heck, even Jerome Williams got paid.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #2735 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,492
Representing:
Default

Jose and Ed for Stuckey and Jerebko.

Gives Det salary relief, us a solid and aggressive scorer with a solid if unspectacular and gritty SF while our depth doesn't suffer at all. Jose might also help them develop both Monroe and Drummond.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #2736 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
We won't get anywhere by trading for capspace..... and Gasol has a 15% trade kicker as well. Yuck. The guy has really slowed down, he's been complaining about touches, they've been complaining about him for three years, and if he did walk, we'd be ruined. We just can't trade for space as part of the main plan. Gasol isn't taking a paycut to stay here.... nobody is. I bet we'd have to pay Jose 8M just to keep him. It's the truth. Nobody is signing here on the cheap. Heck, even Jerome Williams got paid.
My main motivation for doing the trade was not cap space, it's the fact that I think he's a much better fit than Bargnani for our team. Gasol will be better than acquring an expiring combined with a late pick. There's not much risk for us, he's an expiring next year. We can try to resign him or trade him if we don't get an extension. We do tend to overpay for sme players, and I'd say BC has been guilty of that on more than one occasion, but my reference to resigning him for lower is that with his age (34 when his contract expires), teams aren't going to be lining up to give him a multiyear deal starting at his previous 20 million yr salary.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #2737 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

Senior Member
 
Raptors1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,025
Representing:
Default

If we were to unload Fields' contact in the process, amnesty Amir in 14, after resigning Gasol and Lowry, will still have some room to go after a wing in a market that has iggy, deng, granger, Marv Williams available. That's in addition to keeping our core intact with Val and t.ross' rookie contracts coupled with demar.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #2738 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,619
Representing:
Default

Derrick Williams is a PF, his measurements are pretty close to Blake Griffin's.

Player|Year|Height no shoes|Height w/shoes|Weight|Wingspan|Reach
Derrick Williams - 2010|6' 7.25"|6' 9"|248|7' 1.5"|9' 0"
Blake Griffin - 2009|6' 8.5"|6' 10"|248|6' 11.25"|8' 9"

Shorter by <1" but greater wingspan and reach.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #2739 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
numbah eleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 493
Representing:
Default

Don't click this! You've been warned!

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
numbah eleven is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #2740 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,619
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah eleven View Post
Don't click this! You've been warned!

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
...Bynum is possibly out all season and expires this summer, I don't like Bargs but this is just... we literally get nothing for him.

And where does he fit on our team? I'd rather not have him clog up the paint for JV and take away his minutes and hinder his development.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24