The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 132
Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #2621 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

meh if people can't see why it's not far-fetched then whatevs.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #2622 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 594
Representing:
Default

Do we need an aging softy?
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #2623 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,329
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

obvs, straight up? ofc
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #2624 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

Nope, we're out of our minds.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #2625 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

why would the Lakers want him and how does Pau fit with the Raptors?
I feel like this is a lose-lose situation for both teams and both players
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #2626 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,329
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

bargnani has so much to prove, and paul is experienced and is a proven player...
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #2627 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,329
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

aldridge in TO? that would be a dream come true.
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2628 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,342
Representing:
Default

This trade would make both fan bases face palm and give many sleepless nights to both players. Even with Dwight to protect him I can't see Andrea being liked by the Lakers.
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2629 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,329
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Also, aldridge looks almost like JV, but black. persona wise too. but american, win.
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #2630 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard theoretically won't work well with D'antoni's offense. They lack shooters and the paint is too clogged for for Nash to do his thing with Dwight.

Bargnani gives them the ability to stretch the floor, is cheaper, younger, and would be able to do his thing without being yelled at for rebounding and defense with Dwight behind him.

Throw in Kleiza to increase their depth and shooting, it's not that far-fetched.

Pau will be an increase in talent as well as a mentor to JoVal, who he looks up to btw.


this is all theory, so bash if you must.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #2631 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

so utah is looking to get rid of their cornerstone piece in the middle for a good backup PG and an unproven forward when they can't even find enough minutes for derrick favors

and toronto gets back 2 bigs which log huge minutes when they're high on a young centre who they drafted and patiently waited a whole year for
and in the end they still don't have a good SF and lost their competent backup PG on a team where the PG runs every play and in a league where PGs are controlling the game more and more
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #2632 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDUnreal View Post
Why do we want him?
Said the Lakers
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #2633 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,342
Representing:
Default

Why do we want Pau though??? Like really? You guys think its a great idea? I know most people have problems with Andrea but I don't see how Pau is a good fit to this team at all. He's too old for our core and his contract is not worth it at this stage. Unless we have our eyes on another player to change him with or a three way this deal is retarded.

I think D'antoni can change his offensive schemes a bit as well to work with his personnel better.. people are blowing the "will it work" thing out of proportion I think. He's a good coach and good NBA coaches can do this.
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #2634 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
so utah is looking to get rid of their cornerstone piece in the middle for a good backup PG and an unproven forward when they can't even find enough minutes for derrick favors

and toronto gets back 2 bigs which log huge minutes when they're high on a young centre who they drafted and patiently waited a whole year for
and in the end they still don't have a good SF and lost their competent backup PG on a team where the PG runs every play and in a league where PGs are controlling the game more and more
I figured you'd look at it that way.

long story short: Jeff gone = more pt for Favors and Kanter, get a backup PG/expiring to replace Jamaal Tinsley.

Bargnani = space floor for LAL for D'antoni's offense.

not gonna explain further.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #2635 (permalink)
comfortably numb

Member
 
spuriousjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 341
Representing:
Default

pau is not the one clogging the lane. he's not known as a perimeter shooter but he has range, a handle, and is a very good facilitator. and he is not soft. pau is a very very good player. and he knows how to win.
spuriousjones is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #2636 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDUnreal View Post
Why do we want Pau though??? Like really? You guys think its a great idea? I know most people have problems with Andrea but I don't see how Pau is a good fit to this team at all. He's too old for our core and his contract is not worth it at this stage. Unless we have our eyes on another player to change him with or a three way this deal is retarded.

I think D'antoni can change his offensive schemes a bit as well to work with his personnel better.. people are blowing the "will it work" thing out of proportion I think. He's a good coach and good NBA coaches can do this.
Question is, can you get better somewhere else for Bargnani. As for being too old, fuck that.......what do you want another 22yr old? I swear, this fanbase is alergic to veterans.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #2637 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,778
Representing:
Default

Jeff, don't bother. Gasol's too soft and old.
Pau Gasol will spread the floor for LAL they said.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #2638 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard theoretically won't work well with D'antoni's offense. They lack shooters and the paint is too clogged for for Nash to do his thing with Dwight.

Bargnani gives them the ability to stretch the floor, is cheaper, younger, and would be able to do his thing without being yelled at for rebounding and defense with Dwight behind him.

Throw in Kleiza to increase their depth and shooting, it's not that far-fetched.

Pau will be an increase in talent as well as a mentor to JoVal, who he looks up to btw.


this is all theory, so bash if you must.
with d'antoni coaching nash can now go back to the pick and roll with amare style by using dwight to roll into the paint for the easy dunks and pau for the mid range jumper, paint is not too clogged
clogging the paint isn't even what is setting nash back, its the lack of ball possession because of kobe
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #2639 (permalink)
is on that grind

Senior Member
 
jumplvlan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Jeff, don't bother. Gasol's too soft and old.
Pau Gasol will spread the floor for LAL they said.
Bargnani's mangina makes Gasol look like he owns balls of steel.
jumplvlan23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #2640 (permalink)
Exalted

Senior Member
 
DDUnreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,342
Representing:
Default

Pau only has 2 more years I thought it was longer, but LA moving him for anything but a lopsided deal is not gonna happen. Nobody but Toronto (and maybe Charlotte) is gonna spend money on Primo.
DDUnreal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24