The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 119
Old 07-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #2361 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snark View Post
Toronto trades Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to Washington for Emeka Okafor and Shelvin Mack
Is Shelvin Mack even an NBA player? I could have sworn he was the guy on Night Court.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #2362 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,517
Representing:
Default

Trade Numero Uno:

To Cleveland:

Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza

To Toronto:

Anderson Varejao, Daniel Gibson, Omri Casspi

Raptors sign Kirilenko with the money they get from Kyle Lowry jersey sales.

Lowry/Gibson/Uzoh
DeRozan/Ross/Anderson
Kirilenko/Fields/Casspi
Bargnani/Davis/Amir
Varejao/Valanciunas/Gray

That is a defensive juggernaut. I really think Varejao would be a nice fit on this team.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #2363 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,517
Representing:
Default

Scratch that. This would be a defensive juggernaut.

To Cleveland:

Jose Calderon

To Toronto:

Anderson Varejao

To Memphis:

DeMar DeRozan, Ed Davis, Linas Kleiza, TPE or spme other NBA sweetener

To Toronto:

Rudy Gay, Tony Allen, Jeremy Pargo

Lowry/Pargo/Uzoh
Allen/Ross/Anderson
Gay/Fields/D-League trash
Bargnani/Amir/Acy
Varejao/Val/Gray
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #2364 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,185
Representing:
Default

At this point if we dont get a starting quality SF, I'd look in to a Derozan for Tyreke trade. I dont even think we'd need to add another key piece to make it happen, some fillers from each side and done.

Tyreke just needs the right coach to get on him and make him play the game the right way. He has all the talent to become an all NBA player, but just needs guidance mostly to get him steered back in the right direction. I think Casey would turn him in to a menace on the defensive end, and offensively he's fantastic when he's aggressive and not just ISOing all the time like in the Kings system.

I think he'd be fantastic with a fresh start here, and I think the Lowry/Ross/Reke 1-3 lineup would be great on both sides of the ball with their quickness and aggression.

Why do the Kings do it? Because they're not going anywhere with their current lineup and its pretty clear that Cousins is the man now, and Reke doesnt really fit in with what they're doing offensively going forward. DD playing off the ball would fit their system better, and honestly at this point they're not going to do much better trade wise if they keep Tyreke and he ends up playing 6th man or looking out of place again next year.
Ball Don't Lie is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #2365 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,453
Representing:
Default

1.
Denver get D12 + J. Richardson + G. Davis + Acy
Orlando get Barg + W Chandler + McGee (s&t: 10M) + 1st denver 2013 + 1st NYK 2014 + tpe (Davis + Richardson) + 2*2nd rd (den)
Toronto get Faried + Duhon + 1st NYk 2016 + Q Miller

Denver become a West contender.
Orlando get some asset back, with 3 young starters (Bargs, Mcgee, Chandler) and some picks.

We end the barg era, Faried become our starting PF, and we get a young SF, a vet pg defender and a 1st pick.

2.
Phily get Calderon + Pekovic + Buddinger
Minny get iguy + vucevic
Toronto get Barea + futur 1st minny




Lowry/Barea/duhon
DD/Ross/AA
Fields/Kleiza/Q Miller
Faried/Davis/Amir
JV/Gray/Magz

Young, defensive oriented, some puncher. and we will be under the cap with two more 1st picks.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #2366 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,925
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
1.
Denver get D12 + J. Richardson + G. Davis + Acy
Orlando get Barg + W Chandler + McGee (s&t: 10M) + 1st denver 2013 + 1st NYK 2014 + tpe (Davis + Richardson) + 2*2nd rd (den)
Toronto get Faried + Duhon + 1st NYk 2016 + Q Miller

Denver become a West contender.
Orlando get some asset back, with 3 young starters (Bargs, Mcgee, Chandler) and some picks.

We end the barg era, Faried become our starting PF, and we get a young SF, a vet pg defender and a 1st pick.

2.
Phily get Calderon + Pekovic + Buddinger
Minny get iguy + vucevic
Toronto get Barea + futur 1st minny




Lowry/Barea/duhon
DD/Ross/AA
Fields/Kleiza/Q Miller
Faried/Davis/Amir
JV/Gray/Magz

Young, defensive oriented, some puncher. and we will be under the cap with two more 1st picks.

Yuck



Give up bargain +Calderon and still have fields as your starting SF? You lost your touch on this one dude.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #2367 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,001
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Yuck



Give up bargain +Calderon and still have fields as your starting SF? You lost your touch on this one dude.
i agree with you to an extent but people are always saying his trades favour us too much, this one made me think, "wow, we're not getting a hell of a lot back here." so maybe that means it's a realistic trade? however also, we have to accept that Jose's value doesn't seem that high AND we are getting 2 1st rnd picks in his scenario as well.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #2368 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,453
Representing:
Default

in fact, we get something big.
almost 10M more in capspace : enormous for the futur of this particular roster.to resign at a time or another our young players.
in fact i clear all our big contracts, and i don't make us take more big contracts. LOL.

We get a legit backup pg, a futur star in the league at pf, 2 picks, 10M in capspace, + Q miller.

also, whay i was thinking is that before the trade deadline, if this team doesn't work out, you can trade : davis/miller/Amir/DD or fields or ross/kleiza/barea. and we can get at this time a starter SF for all that piece, and especially we will have 2 picks to trade too.

to me that open possibilities, that we don't have reaalyu right now. we get more rich on trade-asset.

also we end the barg+caldy saga/era, and begin with already a solid group of player.

to me faried - the manimal - is already better than barg. and that was his rookie season. He is a double-double machine with a big motor. That's enormous advantage for casey system.

one thing i miss, because i didn't know how to put it there in the trade. i would have us acquiring Nicholson. to me he is a combo sf/pf like JJ, with better shooting skill. so i would have add him to us, and we would have some young prospect to reaaly build our roster and the futur.

Last edited by Bankiz; 07-18-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #2369 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,478
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
in fact, we get something big.
almost 10M more in capspace : enormous for the futur of this particular roster.to resign at a time or another our young players.
in fact i clear all our big contracts, and i don't make us take more big contracts. LOL.

We get a legit backup pg, a futur star in the league at pf, 2 picks, 10M in capspace, + Q miller.

also, whay i was thinking is that before the trade deadline, if this team doesn't work out, you can trade : davis/miller/Amir/DD or fields or ross/kleiza/barea. and we can get at this time a starter SF for all that piece, and especially we will have 2 picks to trade too.

to me that open possibilities, that we don't have reaalyu right now. we get more rich on trade-asset.

also we end the barg+caldy saga/era, and begin with already a solid group of player.

to me faried - the manimal - is already better than barg. and that was his rookie season. He is a double-double machine with a big motor. That's enormous advantage for casey system.
Where's SJ?
gdaytday is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #2370 (permalink)
waiting for his team to return

Member
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 483
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankiz View Post
to me faried - the manimal - is already better than barg. and that was his rookie season. He is a double-double machine with a big motor. That's enormous advantage for casey system.
He's different, not necessarily better. Remember someone will still have to put the ball in the hoop next season. The Raps struggled to score without Bargs last season, and losing him would put as back at square one after gaining Lowry's scoring.
Grizz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #2371 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,925
Representing:
Default

John Lucas III for a 2nd rounder
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #2372 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Bargnani for Josh Smith

Atlanta gains cap space and rebuilds around Horford and Teague

We get a defensive beast (casey system,) who could log minutes at SF

Lowry/Jose/Lucas
DD/Ross
Fields/Kleiza/Smith
Smith/Davis/Acy
Big V/Gray/Amir

And then maybe DD + Jose for Iggy or Gay.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #2373 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
Bargnani for Josh Smith

Atlanta gains cap space and rebuilds around Horford and Teague

We get a defensive beast (casey system,) who could log minutes at SF

Lowry/Jose/Lucas
DD/Ross
Fields/Kleiza/Smith
Smith/Davis/Acy
Big V/Gray/Amir

And then maybe DD + Jose for Iggy or Gay.
I like Smith but this isn't a fair trade IMO
The Raptors need more in return for 3 reasons.
AB is younger & has a better contract long term IMO
Smith will be a free agent after this year then we will most likely loose him for nothing.
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #2374 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
I like Smith but this isn't a fair trade IMO
The Raptors need more in return for 3 reasons.
AB is younger & has a better contract long term IMO
Smith will be a free agent after this year then we will most likely loose him for nothing.
It's fair, it's just not ridiculously one-sided for us like most trades on this thread that have the other teams begging for us to use lube.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #2375 (permalink)
from Toronto

Raps-on-Fire
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 241
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
I like Smith but this isn't a fair trade IMO
The Raptors need more in return for 3 reasons.
AB is younger & has a better contract long term IMO
Smith will be a free agent after this year then we will most likely loose him for nothing.
Bargnani is at the same age as Smith.

However, we do not need to chase after Smith for one season and let Barg go. Barg has his loyalty towards this team and never complains about the team. Also, he has been consistently showing improvement on his playstyle/stats. Unless he screws up the entire season, he won't likely be traded away at a cheap cost.

We need someone who is willing to stay within the team, even without overpaying. If Smith comes to Raptors and renew the contract, the only reason of contract renewal would be "OVERPAY", like how Atlanta treated Joe Johnson.
wchoi213 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #2376 (permalink)
from Toronto

Raps-on-Fire
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 241
Representing:
Default

I just want to suggest the trade of Jose+DD+Davis<>Iggy+Vucevic.

Then, get Delonte West and Matt Barnes from FA (at minimum salary).

That would result in the following roster:

Lowry/West/JL3
Iggy/Ross
Fields/Barnes/Kleiza
Barg/Amir/Acy
Val/Gray/Vucevic

A bit of salary cap issue is there, but that will push Raps to a playoff team for sure.
wchoi213 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #2377 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchoi213 View Post
Bargnani is at the same age as Smith.

However, we do not need to chase after Smith for one season and let Barg go. Barg has his loyalty towards this team and never complains about the team. Also, he has been consistently showing improvement on his playstyle/stats. Unless he screws up the entire season, he won't likely be traded away at a cheap cost.

We need someone who is willing to stay within the team, even without overpaying. If Smith comes to Raptors and renew the contract, the only reason of contract renewal would be "OVERPAY", like how Atlanta treated Joe Johnson.
AB was born in Oct Smith in Dec...Either way hes older in NBA terms as he came from highschool.
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #2378 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,624
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
AB was born in Oct Smith in Dec...Either way hes older in NBA terms as he came from highschool.
He's more experienced, oh no!
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #2379 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,789
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
He's more experienced, oh no!
Um i mean Like Kobe he could retire at 32 or 33 instead of later in his career like say a Steve Nash or Tim Duncan...
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #2380 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,001
Representing:
Default

get Gallinari.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24