The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread - Page 118
Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #2341 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,188
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomusic View Post
derozan for evan turner, straight up.
i don't think philly would do this, even if we added Ed!
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #2342 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,188
Representing:
Default

if we can't do a big deal involving jose for someone like iggy then trade him to houston? They're desperate for a PG.

We could take back one of their rookies. I know it's not a great deal and we'll have tons of rookies! But better than amnestying him and no harm in getting another young piece.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #2343 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
i don't think philly would do this, even if we added Ed!
If we added Ed, we'd probably have to add even more than if we didn't!

carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #2344 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
if we can't do a big deal involving jose for someone like iggy then trade him to houston? They're desperate for a PG.

We could take back one of their rookies. I know it's not a great deal and we'll have tons of rookies! But better than amnestying him and no harm in getting another young piece.
No, they're desperate for a stud or capspace... not for a PG.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #2345 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,188
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
If we added Ed, we'd probably have to add even more than if we didn't!

what makes you say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
No, they're desperate for a stud or capspace... not for a PG.
well, they're pretty desperate for a starting PG, in that they don't have one. But yeah, their GM is hellbent on getting a star, my rockets supporting friend is not happy with the thinking. You may be right, if they're going for a star jose's contract is not great.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #2346 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
what makes you say that?



well, they're pretty desperate for a starting PG, in that they don't have one. But yeah, their GM is hellbent on getting a star, my rockets supporting friend is not happy with the thinking. You may be right, if they're going for a star jose's contract is not great.
jokes on the first one.... lol

Maybe Jose's contract does help get Dwight, in that Orlando can use as many expirings as possible.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #2347 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,188
Representing:
Default

true, hard to know what other guys are thinking. Teams usually like the freedom of deciding everything theirselves, but ur right, jose as an expiring, you could a lot worse.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #2348 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,614
Representing:
Default

I was a fan of Terrence Jones going into the draft. He reminds me of a Lamar Odom, hybrid type forward. Could be a decent small forward in the future (which is what I see him playing).
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #2349 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I was a fan of Terrence Jones going into the draft. He reminds me of a Lamar Odom, hybrid type forward. Could be a decent small forward in the future (which is what I see him playing).
Jones or Ross?
snark is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #2350 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I was a fan of Terrence Jones going into the draft. He reminds me of a Lamar Odom, hybrid type forward. Could be a decent small forward in the future (which is what I see him playing).
I don't think he has the ball skills and he's a pretty big guy.,... makes ed look small. I like him too but see him more in the jjhickson/derrick favors mold with a bit more shooting
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #2351 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,614
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snark View Post
Jones or Ross?
Jones. He has the body of a power forward, but has the ability to shoot on the perimeter and occasionally drive to the basket. Wouldn't have been a bad option to back-up Iggy.

Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #2352 (permalink)
hopeful the Raps eliminate the Wiz from the post season

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,445
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
shame wright has been traded now anyway, but i like this trade. Fairly equal trade and works within the systems that each team has. Lee would be a great fit here.

can you make it work now that dorrel wright can't be involved?
That was an ideal trade, Lee would fit great here in Toronto. He's a. 20/10 guy who shoots 50% from the field(even though his contract is expensive,I think he's worth it).

I'll work on something,but it's getting harder. All the guys I've been targeting in 3 way deals to help get a trade completed are getting moved.

It would be nice to get Gay,but I think the main is to just get rid of Calderon so the amnesty could be used on someone else.

Realistically,Wilson Chandler is the best available option at the 3 now.
MBailey85 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #2353 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,614
Representing:
Default

Trying to be a little more creative with the small forwards we target instead of the usually Iguadala, Gay proposals.

To Toronto:

Tayshaun Prince, Will Bynum, 2nd round pick

To Detroit:

Jose Calderon, James Johnson

Raptors get an experienced, defensive small forward that would be a nice fit in Casey's system. Also get Will Bynum who would be a quality back-up for Lowry. Detroit gets Calderon to take the pressure off of Knight, as well as Johnson who would serve as a nice replacement for Tayshaun.

Lineup:

Lowry/Bynum/Uzoh
DeRozan/Fields/Ross
Prince/Kleiza
Bargnani/Davis/Acy
Valanciunas/Amir/Gray
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #2354 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,823
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Trying to be a little more creative with the small forwards we target instead of the usually Iguadala, Gay proposals.

To Toronto:

Tayshaun Prince, Will Bynum, 2nd round pick

To Detroit:

Jose Calderon, James Johnson

Raptors get an experienced, defensive small forward that would be a nice fit in Casey's system. Also get Will Bynum who would be a quality back-up for Lowry. Detroit gets Calderon to take the pressure off of Knight, as well as Johnson who would serve as a nice replacement for Tayshaun.

Lineup:

Lowry/Bynum/Uzoh
DeRozan/Fields/Ross
Prince/Kleiza
Bargnani/Davis/Acy
Valanciunas/Amir/Gray
I doubt Detroit wants Jose...
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #2355 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 7,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halphbreedballer View Post
I doubt Detroit wants Jose...
I also doubt we want prince..
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #2356 (permalink)
hopeful the Raps eliminate the Wiz from the post season

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,445
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
shame wright has been traded now anyway, but i like this trade. Fairly equal trade and works within the systems that each team has. Lee would be a great fit here.

can you make it work now that dorrel wright can't be involved?
I'm gonna revisit that one,but how do evaluate this proposal?

Toronto Gets: SF- Wilson Chandler & PG- Eric Maynor
Denver Gets: C- Channing Frye
Phoenix Gets: SG- Daequan Cook & C- Cole Aldrich
Oklahoma City Gets- Jose Calderon

Approved on ESPN with Analysis NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Picks could be thrown in wherever necessary to balance it out but keep in mind the Suns have added Dragic,Scola and Beasley already.
Okc gives up the most but Cook and Aldrich are little used,and with Calderon coming in there wouldn't be need for Maynor as a back up PG. Having Jose would allow Westbrook to play SG at times too. All things considered from personnel to cap space and remaining years,this is a fair deal.
Frye could spread the floor more for Denver,especially with Harrington and Galinari with big guys that have range already.
To gets a starting SF and back up PG
MBailey85 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #2357 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,188
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
I'm gonna revisit that one,but how do evaluate this proposal?

Toronto Gets: SF- Wilson Chandler & PG- Eric Maynor
Denver Gets: C- Channing Frye
Phoenix Gets: SG- Daequan Cook & C- Cole Aldrich
Oklahoma City Gets- Jose Calderon

Approved on ESPN with Analysis NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Picks could be thrown in wherever necessary to balance it out but keep in mind the Suns have added Dragic,Scola and Beasley already.
Okc gives up the most but Cook and Aldrich are little used,and with Calderon coming in there wouldn't be need for Maynor as a back up PG. Having Jose would allow Westbrook to play SG at times too. All things considered from personnel to cap space and remaining years,this is a fair deal.
Frye could spread the floor more for Denver,especially with Harrington and Galinari with big guys that have range already.
To gets a starting SF and back up PG
creative!

i think it's a good trade but not sure OKC would do it. you could try adding picks, still not sure. Cook didn't get many mins but they like him and they like maynor quite a lot.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #2358 (permalink)
hopeful the Raps eliminate the Wiz from the post season

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,445
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
creative!

i think it's a good trade but not sure OKC would do it. you could try adding picks, still not sure. Cook didn't get many mins but they like him and they like maynor quite a lot.
I know they're big on Maynor but Calderon makes him expendable. They've brought in Thabeet who can replace Aldrich's minutes and they still have Perry Jones 3 and Reggie Jackson who'll eat up Cook's minutes.

If TO could really get Chandler & Maynor for Calderon essentially,then thata heist!

I wonder where's/whats the best way/place for Colangelo/Raps staff to see fan trade proposal..I think this one could have legs! The only team I could see being reluctant to join is Denver,but they aren't losing much.
MBailey85 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #2359 (permalink)
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Senior Member
 
Bankiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,551
Representing:
Default

1.
CHA get beaubois + 2nd rd dallas
dallas get Davis
toronto get 1st 2013 portland (top 12 protected)

2.
orlando gets caldy + Barg + JV + 1st 2013 portland + 1st 2015 Toronto + 2*2nd rd tor/sac
toronto get D12 + Duhon + J. Richardson

orlando makes room (-5/6M), they get a still prospect at pf, a rookie at Center with some big upside, two first round.
and caldy will be a nice cut next season. in fact they will gain 16M in capspace with this trade at the end of the day.

we get d12 (with a 3years extension), duhon as our 3rd pg will be fine, and J Rich can be a solid sf backup for fields.


Lowry/Brown/Duhon
DD/Ross/AA
Fields/J-Rich/NBDL
Amir/kleiza/Acy
D12/Gray/Magz
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #2360 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 132
Representing:
Default

Toronto trades Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to Washington for Emeka Okafor and Shelvin Mack
snark is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24