The Official Fire Dwane Casey Thread - Page 22
Old 11-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #421 (permalink)
sick of the freaking rock

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,089
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
That i could, and did live with. I thought the offense was passable last season with Lowry upping his assists and doing a good job of facilitating. Now Lowry gives up the ball immediately. I don't understand his role. I don't understand the process that he's stuck in. There seems to be much more that could be fleshed out on both sides of the ball, but Casey is stuck going through the exact same process they went through last season already.

I'll still stick with my usual perceptions of the first couple weeks of the season being off-kilter and not ripe for too much analysis. But after seeing the whole team puling for each other and really looking to make something of the process during pre-season, it's dispiriting to see casey's brainfreeze and general stagnancy in terms of the team gaining an identity.
Guess they were so pleased with their identity last year, they figured, why bother to change. The organization didn't change coaches, so the players aren't changing. I think the players are desperately hoping for new coaching leadership that will truly represent a change in direction. Kyle still isn't playing like he's Kyle, Rudy isn't and never was a saviour, and Demar is thrilled that not only is Casey giving him a green light, he's joined the Devlin cheering section that has Demar walking on water. It's sick.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #422 (permalink)
I'm going to take my talents to South Beach

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,234
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
Guess they were so pleased with their identity last year, they figured, why bother to change. The organization didn't change coaches, so the players aren't changing. I think the players are desperately hoping for new coaching leadership that will truly represent a change in direction. Kyle still isn't playing like he's Kyle, Rudy isn't and never was a saviour, and Demar is thrilled that not only is Casey giving him a green light, he's joined the Devlin cheering section that has Demar walking on water. It's sick.
The whole team needs a change and idk to me Lowry looks like Lowry. OK at times, nothing flashy but that's about it. I am still not big on him. He was never an elite PG and never will be.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #423 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
The whole team needs a change and idk to me Lowry looks like Lowry. OK at times, nothing flashy but that's about it. I am still not big on him. He was never an elite PG and never will be.
Right now we don't have any elite talent AND it's being used poorly.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #424 (permalink)
sick of the freaking rock

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,089
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Right now we don't have any elite talent AND it's being used poorly.
But it's a process. We're growing. The guys fought tooth and nail tonight. That 21 second shot clock is a bitch to manage.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #425 (permalink)
I'm going to take my talents to South Beach

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,234
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Right now we don't have any elite talent AND it's being used poorly.
I agree. Looking at the roster JV, TH, Amir and maybe Ross are worth keeping.
DD is too soft on D and Fields is trying to overcome his injury.... I don't care too much for Gay, Lowry and the rest. I rather see Acy, Buycks and Stone fight for playing time and avoid Gay’s iso and his tunnel vision.
I must admit, I liked Gay in his first and second season. I always used to bitch how we should have drafted him instead of Bargs, but when we got him via trade I had my doubts, especially knowing we gave up Ed who was very solid and how MEM did well without him. I guess now I can see why.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #426 (permalink)
is Cold

Member
 
Fröz-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 205
Representing:
Default

If we want to keep losing the close games ... KEEP D.C.!
Fröz-d is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #427 (permalink)
Hard and deep

Banging thai girls now.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 291
Representing:
Default

I am just afraid of one thing : JV does not develop into the player we are looking forward. If this happens, then we are in deep trouble.
RaptorsVictim is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #428 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 20,644
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsVictim View Post
I am just afraid of one thing : JV does not develop into the player we are looking forward. If this happens, then we are in deep trouble.
lol what are you talking about. JV is killing it, too bad casey does't play. JV ould've had 20-10 games these past two games if casey played him 30 minutes

Last edited by Gurk; 11-07-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Gurk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #429 (permalink)
is Cold

Member
 
Fröz-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 205
Representing:
Default

JV should be playing 33+ minutes no questions asked. The only reason he should be playing less is if he is in foul trouble which is understandable for a young kid.

Other than that, the kid is in tip top shape, he's an animal, he's got a never ending motor. What the hec, unleash the beast! even if he puts up a bunch of inefficient clunkers, so what. He will learn and grow and the team will lose like we should.
Win win. Why is T.Hansborough playing in the 4th quarter? it makes no sense.
Fröz-d is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #430 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fröz-d View Post
JV should be playing 33+ minutes no questions asked. The only reason he should be playing less is if he is in foul trouble which is understandable for a young kid.

Other than that, the kid is in tip top shape, he's an animal, he's got a never ending motor. What the hec, unleash the beast! even if he puts up a bunch of inefficient clunkers, so what. He will learn and grow and the team will lose like we should.
Win win. Why is T.Hansborough playing in the 4th quarter? it makes no sense.
I won't slag Hansborough at all.... he deserves to play period. Maybe not so much in the fourth, but when he's on he's going. There are a few others that could stand to lose a few minutes though.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #431 (permalink)
Hard and deep

Banging thai girls now.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 291
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
lol what are you talking about. JV is killing it, too bad Masai does't play. JV ould've had 20-10 games these past two games if casey played him 30 minutes
That is what I am talking about, for this guy to become the player we want, he needs to play to develop his game. The way he is handled now by the coach is not right at all and it might hampers his development.
RaptorsVictim is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #432 (permalink)
is Cold

Member
 
Fröz-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 205
Representing:
Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I won't slag Hansborough at all.... he deserves to play period. Maybe not so much in the fourth, but when he's on he's going. There are a few others that could stand to lose a few minutes though.
I Love Psycho-T! In bursts... at the right time, but not so much in the last minutes of the game.
Those are the most valuable minutes for a young big man to learn and evolve for the future. Why are we wasting them on a guy who is pretty much our bench goon/ energy guy.
Fröz-d is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #433 (permalink)
sick of the freaking rock

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,089
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fröz-d View Post
I Love Psycho-T! In bursts... at the right time, but not so much in the last minutes of the game.
Those are the most valuable minutes for a young big man to learn and evolve for the future. Why are we wasting them on a guy who is pretty much our bench goon/ energy guy.
Psycho-T read that. Scowling a bit. Nostrils a little flared.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #434 (permalink)
is Cold

Member
 
Fröz-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 205
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
Psycho-T read that. Scowling a bit. Nostrils a little flared.
Fröz-d is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #435 (permalink)
lamborghini dreams, nissan nightmares

Member
 
cheekykent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 219
Representing:
Default

Hansbrough makes the games so much more entertaining, the forearm shove that sent Birdman flying last game was epic
cheekykent is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #436 (permalink)
I'm going to take my talents to South Beach

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,234
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekykent View Post
Hansbrough makes the games so much more entertaining, the forearm shove that sent Birdman flying last game was epic
TH, JV and Amir play with fire and passion, the rest look to me pretty damn casual with Rudy and Ross leading the pack.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #437 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
TH, JV and Amir play with fire and passion, the rest look to me pretty damn casual with Rudy and Ross leading the pack.
Ross looked pretty damn passionate when the final buzzer rang last night.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #438 (permalink)
sick of the freaking rock

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,089
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Ross looked pretty damn passionate when the final buzzer rang last night.
Had a babe waiting for him back in the hotel.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #439 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,703
Representing:
Default

Say what you want about Ross, but he's shooting a pretty solid 44 percent from three this year and looking confident shooting it
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #440 (permalink)
WE THE NORTH!!!

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,393
Representing:
Default

Hey guys leave him alone, at least his first name is spelled properly unlike Wade.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24