The Official Bruno Caboclo Thread - Page 15

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: good or bad pick?
good 46 58.97%
bad 32 41.03%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #281 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataf View Post
PS. If it's not stated by managment, and it's you speculating that his comments are false with no reliable source... Sorry to break it to you it might be "in your head."
You kind of an ass aren't ya?
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #282 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,755
Representing:
Default

Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #283 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,996
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post




Always exciting this time of year.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #284 (permalink)
doesn't care where LeBron plays. Or Melo.

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 2,982
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataf View Post
PS. If it's not stated by managment, and it's you speculating that his comments are false with no reliable source... Sorry to break it to you it might be "in your head."
Not speculating on anything.

I am saying they wanted a second pick to choose both. When Ennis got picked by PHX, there wasn't a need for the MEM trade for a second 1st and they took Caboclo. If PHX had picked someone else at 18, they would have gone ahead with the trade for a second first to pick both.
Caboclo was just always part of the plan.

Last edited by niggles; 06-27-2014 at 06:59 PM.
niggles is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #285 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Whose that? No premeditation what so ever lol

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 06-27-2014 at 07:01 PM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #286 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 75,996
Representing:
Default

Bruno will wear #5
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #287 (permalink)
On T-Ross Flight 31

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,736
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
Not speculating on anything.

I am saying they wanted a second pick to choose both. When Ennis got picked by PHX, there wasn't a need for the MEM trade for a second 1st and they took Caboclo. If PHX had picked someone else at 18, they would have gone ahead with the trade for a second first to pick both.
Agreed, but what Doc is saying (and I'm assuming you are too?) that if the Mem trade for some reason didn't go through we'd end up selecting Bruno instead at 20 over Ennis... the '2nd guy' which Masai has referred him too in his post-draft interview. Also Masai saying it's likely/ a high chance he'll either be playing in the D-league or over seas instead of being in the lineup/rotation. Also pointing out that they even had other wing players ahead of Bruno but they were also gone... No doubt in my mind he was going to select Bruno somewhere but NOT with the 20 if they ended up getting Ennis or w/e wing they had ahead of Bruno. They would of tried to get him elsewhere, just NOT ahead of Ennis is what I'm saying and what Casey and Masai are saying.
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #288 (permalink)
Landing flight 31

Senior Member
 
0nekhmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brampton Ontario
Posts: 3,216
Representing:
Default

Nicee, now where is our boy deandre daniels so we can have that presser
0nekhmer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #289 (permalink)
On T-Ross Flight 31

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,736
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
You kind of an ass aren't ya?
Sometimes. Sorry. I get passive aggressive sometimes.
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #290 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,374
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
friends that twitter follow, know someone who knows someone etc. Usually they have at least some incling as to who is being scouted. They heard nothing of thier management going to or from brazil etc. It isnt unreasonable to cite them as a reference point.

I know them, it is equally substancial as an "unnamed north american source" is.

It is just that i dont get paid to put it into print. That is your only validity of some of the things currently being said.
No because they get paid, I am more inclined to believe them because they put in the effort.

Also knows someone who knows someone. That's like what my friend kept saying when he was say that he knew Wiggins was going first because his friend was best friends with Wiggins Lol
omar36 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #291 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataf View Post
Agreed, but what Doc is saying (and I'm assuming you are too?) that if the Mem trade for some reason didn't go through we'd end up selecting Bruno instead at 20 over Ennis... the '2nd guy' which Masai has referred him too in his post-draft interview. Also Masai saying it's likely/ a high chance he'll either be playing in the D-league or over seas instead of being in the lineup/rotation. Also pointing out that they even had other wing players ahead of Bruno but they were also gone... No doubt in my mind he was going to select Bruno somewhere but NOT with the 20 if they ended up getting Ennis or w/e wing they had ahead of Bruno. They would of tried to get him elsewhere, just NOT ahead of Ennis is what I'm saying and what Casey and Masai are saying.
Fair enough but lets just agree to disagree and let it rest. This debate/argument is really pointless at this point - he's here already, visa'd up and ready to play on the Raptors. This is why I felt there was no way he would not have been picked at the 20 - too many things were lined up prior in order for him to get here so quick. MU is clever as all hell and tried to get both - I would love to have had both.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 06-27-2014 at 07:15 PM.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #292 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataf View Post
Sometimes. Sorry. I get passive aggressive sometimes.
Ya I should have pm'd that instead and not so public. Sorry about that. I get stubborn when I should relent and instead of pushing it.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #293 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,755
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataf View Post
Agreed, but what Doc is saying (and I'm assuming you are too?) that if the Mem trade for some reason didn't go through we'd end up selecting Bruno instead at 20 over Ennis... the '2nd guy' which Masai has referred him too in his post-draft interview. Also Masai saying it's likely/ a high chance he'll either be playing in the D-league or over seas instead of being in the lineup/rotation. Also pointing out that they even had other wing players ahead of Bruno but they were also gone... No doubt in my mind he was going to select Bruno somewhere but NOT with the 20 if they ended up getting Ennis or w/e wing they had ahead of Bruno. They would of tried to get him elsewhere, just NOT ahead of Ennis is what I'm saying and what Casey and Masai are saying.
Actually he said on Sid and Tim today he doesn't believe in sending guys overseas to develop. He'd rather he be the 15th man on the Raps.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #294 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
El Barto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 261
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
yeah, guys who write for the toronto media. SHOCKER
You say stuff like it's legit and when we ask you where that come from you just tell to look on Google.

I provide you some information from journalists on twitter, but you think it's bullshit because it comes from "guys who write for the toronto media" (by the way Marc Stein doesn't) and because your friends haven't heard of it...

You're funny man.
El Barto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #295 (permalink)
On T-Ross Flight 31

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,736
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
Fair enough but lets just agree to disagree and let it rest. This debate/argument is really pointless at this point - he's here already, visa'd up and ready to play on the Raptors
Alright. Yup, I can't wait. Hope he can crack the rotation. I'm fine with waiting for few years, it's the 20th pick. And Tyler being a PG wouldn't have made much of a difference assuming Lowry and Vasq stay. We need better players at the 3
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #296 (permalink)
On T-Ross Flight 31

Senior Member
 
Ataf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 1,736
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ataf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Actually he said on Sid and Tim today he doesn't believe in sending guys overseas to develop. He'd rather he be the 15th man on the Raps.
That's good to hear. I was going off his post-draft interview. So maybe he'll be in the d-league or just on the bench if he can't get into the rotation.
Ataf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #297 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,879
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataf View Post
That's good to hear. I was going off his post-draft interview. So maybe he'll be in the d-league or just on the bench if he can't get into the rotation.
It's a great policy to have, he's not going to learn in Brazil playing with Hoffa. I believe they said no D-league but then that would depend on how he develops and how quickly. He might learn more during the Raps practice than the D-league.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #298 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
A second 1st rounder + Princes salary has a large effect on cap-space. You can't just compartmentalize any moves. They affect other things.
I get that. I just find it odd that there wasn't another player the Raptors were targeting with #20 and #22 should Ennis be off the board. Maybe MU tried to convince Phoenix to give up Ennis for #22 and a future pick or something, but that didn't work so the trade with Memphis fell through. Really, I have no clue. We're all speculating.
Northern Neighbour is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #299 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
friends that twitter follow, know someone who knows someone etc. Usually they have at least some incling as to who is being scouted. They heard nothing of thier management going to or from brazil etc. It isnt unreasonable to cite them as a reference point.

I know them, it is equally substancial as an "unnamed north american source" is.

It is just that i dont get paid to put it into print. That is your only validity of some of the things currently being said.
So you're basing your entire intel on social media and the social media your friends follow. Ok then. Sure, some of the NBA insiders have close links to scouts, but they don't know everything. The drafting of BC was a clear example of that. Orlando and Philly having worked out a trade before their picks was not known until after the picks were made.

In other words, you can't depend just on social media and assume they a) have all the information (and often times they don't) and b) they know everything (and they don't). Even the most connected media guys don't know everything, which is why there are so many who try to be in the game.
Northern Neighbour is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #300 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,374
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
I get that. I just find it odd that there wasn't another player the Raptors were targeting with #20 and #22 should Ennis be off the board. Maybe MU tried to convince Phoenix to give up Ennis for #22 and a future pick or something, but that didn't work so the trade with Memphis fell through. Really, I have no clue. We're all speculating.
Don't think he wanted to get stuck with prince's contract for a player he didn't want. We already have bad contracts, no need for another
omar36 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24