The Official Bruno Caboclo Thread - Page 12

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: good or bad pick?
good 46 58.97%
bad 32 41.03%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #221 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
El Barto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 399
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
1- your link doesn't work

2- It's one guy, not "more than a few Brazilian fans"

Another quote: "Being the gym rat they he is I believe that he won't be a bust - PS: He is 18 and already hundreds years ahead Rafael Araujo."

Last edited by El Barto; 06-27-2014 at 01:50 PM.
El Barto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #222 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fröz-d View Post
In case you are new to the conversation, the gist of all the beavers ranting is "he needs more than long arms to make it."

:cookie:
Actually you are wrong again.

The point is that doubt the selection, that the selection is a stretch to say the least, that the odds are definately against him being a great player, that if we are looking to compete now why pick a player who has along way to go, that I question the hype train as to why only a select few people IN THE WORLD knew about this kid and LASTLY it takes more than long arms to make a good player.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #223 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
1- your link doesn't work

2- It's one guy, not "more than a few Brazilian fans"
look around, you will find more. It isnt to hard, there is this new program called google. its pretty neat, you can type a question into it and it will bring you up discussions of other people that had the same question posed.

Its pretty new though, maybe you have yet to hear of it.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #224 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
El Barto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 399
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
look around, you will find more. It isnt to hard, there is this new program called google. its pretty neat, you can type a question into it and it will bring you up discussions of other people that had the same question posed.

Its pretty new though, maybe you have yet to hear of it.
Ah ok my apologies then, if your source is Google...

Thanks for your solid intell
El Barto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #225 (permalink)
------------------------

Senior Member
 
XiaominWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,415
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
the odds are definately against him being a great player
You just described every player ever taken outside the lottery.

I have no problem with them rolling the dice at #20... Would have been nice to get him at #37? Yes, but if he is the guy they wanted and didn't think he would be around at that point, then of course you have to take him when you can.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #226 (permalink)
Dwaneball. That's how we roll...over

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 3,663
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
so now I am pointing out the obvious.

I see.
No, your just pointing. "Obvious" is your misguided add-on
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #227 (permalink)
Dwaneball. That's how we roll...over

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 3,663
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
look around, you will find more. It isnt to hard, there is this new program called google. its pretty neat, you can type a question into it and it will bring you up discussions of other people that had the same question posed.

Its pretty new though, maybe you have yet to hear of it.
No , how about you look around. We're not going to spend time with your unsubstantiated comments. If you want people to accept your " more than a few" assertion, then support it, and don't be so snarky and lazy.
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #228 (permalink)
waiting for DeRozan to return

Senior Member
 
fantapoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,329
Representing:
Default

Word has it that Masai knew about him since last summer and been scouting him since then. He also made a promise to draft him, there's good indication that the reason you don't see or hear anything about him on the internet is because Masai intentionally wanted to keep this card close to his chest and didn't leak any info.
The guy even refused to workout for other teams apparently, and that many nba teams called his agent looking for tapes on draft night.

If masai intentionally wanted to keep him secret, with the intent of drafting tyler ennis at #20, and stealing him at #37, there's good reason to believe the reason you don't hear about him on the internet before this is because it's intentional. They wanted to keep him a secret.

There's no doubt that an agent will try to get his player's name out as much as possible to get him drafted, especially an international kid who has such a gifted body.
But the fact that nothing appeared in media could mean that outside of a few NBA teams who flew under the radar to scout him, Raptors really tried to be hush hush on this one.
fantapoppa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #229 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
No, your just pointing. "Obvious" is your misguided add-on
no, it says so right in the picture. well the second one anyways.

"Obvious"
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #230 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
Ah ok my apologies then, if your source is Google...

Thanks for your solid intell
why should I look up info again for you, Look it up yourself and prove me wrong.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #231 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantapoppa View Post
Word has it that Masai knew about him since last summer and been scouting him since then. He also made a promise to draft him, there's good indication that the reason you don't see or hear anything about him on the internet is because Masai intentionally wanted to keep this card close to his chest and didn't leak any info.
The guy even refused to workout for other teams apparently, and that many nba teams called his agent looking for tapes on draft night.

If masai intentionally wanted to keep him secret, with the intent of drafting tyler ennis at #20, and stealing him at #37, there's good reason to believe the reason you don't hear about him on the internet before this is because it's intentional. They wanted to keep him a secret.

There's no doubt that an agent will try to get his player's name out as much as possible to get him drafted, especially an international kid who has such a gifted body.
But the fact that nothing appeared in media could mean that outside of a few NBA teams who flew under the radar to scout him, Raptors really tried to be hush hush on this one.
That is great that Masai keeping his stuff secret, LOVE IT!

However, I do not question our front office being quiet in fact I question that EVERYWHERE else it has been quiet.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #232 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
No , how about you look around. We're not going to spend time with your unsubstantiated comments. If you want people to accept your " more than a few" assertion, then support it, and don't be so snarky and lazy.
looks whose being snarky, why on earth would I ever feel compelled in anyway shape or form to even feel the need to attempt a thought at needing to show support for my comments towards you. that is a preposterous notion to even imply that I should be doing so.

You can go on and look up to try and prove me wrong if you wish, go chase those wild geese.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #233 (permalink)
the friendly version of Dennis Rodman

Member
 
AlexRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 291
Representing:
Default

well guys i'm pretty sold on the pick. could really care less tho because it ain't a lottery pick and we have a pretty solid roster already (pending) and we made the playoffs and all and we haven't started free agency yet. and to top it all off, i am a big believer of :mu:
AlexRaphael is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #234 (permalink)
is back baby

Large and in charge
 
Snooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: All up in there
Posts: 8,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaominWu View Post
You just described every player ever taken outside the lottery.

I have no problem with them rolling the dice at #20... Would have been nice to get him at #37? Yes, but if he is the guy they wanted and didn't think he would be around at that point, then of course you have to take him when you can.
I still have yet to hear, from anyone I have been communicating with, that this kid was on anyone's radar before mid second round.

But if that is the word that MU got, then of course he needs to pick his guy.
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #235 (permalink)
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps
 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,191
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
looks whose being snarky, why on earth would I ever feel compelled in anyway shape or form to even feel the need to attempt a thought at needing to show support for my comments towards you. that is a preposterous notion to even imply that I should be doing so.

You can go on and look up to try and prove me wrong if you wish, go chase those wild geese.
qft - backing up an assertion is a preposterous notion. :cookie:
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #236 (permalink)
Dwaneball. That's how we roll...over

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 3,663
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
That is great that Masai keeping his stuff secret, LOVE IT!

However, I do not question our front office being quiet in fact I question that EVERYWHERE else it has been quiet.
Just where are PHX, UTAH, SAS. NOWHERE?
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #237 (permalink)
Dwaneball. That's how we roll...over

OY!!
 
niggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Loch Ness
Posts: 3,663
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
looks whose being snarky, why on earth would I ever feel compelled in anyway shape or form to even feel the need to attempt a thought at needing to show support for my comments towards you. that is a preposterous notion to even imply that I should be doing so.

You can go on and look up to try and prove me wrong if you wish, go chase those wild geese.
Your wild geese?
niggles is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #238 (permalink)
having sexual relations with that woman

Senior Member
 
LilRomeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 614
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantapoppa View Post
Word has it that Masai knew about him since last summer and been scouting him since then. He also made a promise to draft him, there's good indication that the reason you don't see or hear anything about him on the internet is because Masai intentionally wanted to keep this card close to his chest and didn't leak any info.
The guy even refused to workout for other teams apparently, and that many nba teams called his agent looking for tapes on draft night.

If masai intentionally wanted to keep him secret, with the intent of drafting tyler ennis at #20, and stealing him at #37, there's good reason to believe the reason you don't hear about him on the internet before this is because it's intentional. They wanted to keep him a secret.

There's no doubt that an agent will try to get his player's name out as much as possible to get him drafted, especially an international kid who has such a gifted body.
But the fact that nothing appeared in media could mean that outside of a few NBA teams who flew under the radar to scout him, Raptors really tried to be hush hush on this one.
There was a good conspiracy on the other board is that Masai went to Colombia to see Bruno play and then went to see the Raps in Brooklyn (where him and Lowry seen hugging it out in the tunnel).

According to this guy on the other board, Bruno had a inconsistent playing time so not a lot of scouts knew about him. When Masai went to Colombia he probably had the assurance that this Bruno kid would get playing time for him to scout. There must be a deal with both teams to not showcase the kid so other scout would know and take a peak.

On January 26th, Bruno played 30mins with 24 pts and 5 rbs. The next day, we saw Masai attending the game in Brooklyn. We never seen a lot of Masai during road games but the fact he was in New York, this guy on the other board claimed that direct flight from Bogota to Toronto only happens once a week but flights from Bogota to NY happens every day. This guy on the other board claims that if Masai was in Bogota to see Bruno play, it would make sense he's in NY the next day.
LilRomeo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #239 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
El Barto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 399
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
Just where are PHX, UTAH, SAS. NOWHERE?
Well to be fair Twitter is a little more advanced than Google. Snooch needs time to catch up on those rumors about Suns, Jazz and Spurs being interested in Bruno with their late first rounders...

Last edited by El Barto; 06-27-2014 at 02:33 PM.
El Barto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #240 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooch View Post
I still have yet to hear, from anyone I have been communicating with, that this kid was on anyone's radar before mid second round.

But if that is the word that MU got, then of course he needs to pick his guy.
With whom have you been communicating? Scouts? League personnel? Insiders? Who?

And it was reported last night that Phoenix and Utah were prepared to take him at the end of the first round.
Northern Neighbour is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24