The official Anti Calderonball thread
Old 01-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Senior Member
 
The MVP of West Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,129
Representing:
Default The official Anti Calderonball thread

I don't know about everyone else... but watching the more free flowing offense of the last 6 games was just so much more fun. We felt like a real TEAM again. Now it's back to the same thing... slowball up the court... two man game with Bosh... constant penetration on the other end... It's just ugly, ineffective basketball. When you play that slow and lifeless, you can't get energy burts and go on runs, you can't get the home crowd into it, you can't gain team chemistry... you mostly just look heartless

So yea... say no to Calderonball! Join the club

*Official members of the anti Calderonball club*
MVP of West Hollywood
Stress
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,799
Representing:
Default

I'd actually like to see Calderon traded for someone who can run a fast break and will take chances. Sign me up. It has been more fun with Ukic.

I won't be hatin' on the dude, just doesn't seem like the right system for him.

Last edited by Kirby; 01-13-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default



How 'bout we call this the delusional Raptors fan club?
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 282
Representing:
Default

It hurts me...but I want to join your club. I used to be a big Calderon fan too.

I actually think he would be a better SG, if we could get a real PG.
RapMan99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default

Even though you have a point, to create a anti-Calderon thread is way too much. Calderon is hurt at this moment and he doesn't penetrate as he used to probably because he is afraid not to re-injury himself. At this moment the best thing to do is to keep him out till he is 100% and when he is back, play him 25-30 minutes and give the rest of minutes to Roko. Calderon is not built for 40 minutes per game, he give you 30 minutes, high quality play.

Please do not add me into this silly club. Jose is the starter PG for years to came, he just need to play more aggressive and Triano (or the head coach who will replace Triano) to limit his minutes to 30.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
like

Member
 
Toebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 241
Representing:
Default

Well at least the lack of love has finally fallen upon the European instead of JO and Bosh!
Toebee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,191
Representing:
Default

This thread is 100% truth, anybody who doesnt see it is a Jose fanboy.

The guy is the worst defensive PG in the NBA. The only weakness in our defence tonight was him.

Since Jay came on, even Bosh is playing MUCH better defence. Moon is as well. Jose is the only one that continues to play his man incorrectly and the other PGs continue to tear us a new one.

Once Roko came in Rondo couldnt get in the lane at all. Thats what we fucking need.

I'd trade Jose immediately if we could get Butler or Howard no questions asked, and then get some decent defensive pg to fill in for him at starting pg until Roko is ready.

I'm tired of Jose Calderon. Wheres the Jose from his rookie year, driving to the rim and playing intense the entire game?

Wheres his drive and dish game gone?
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
right.

FREERICE.COM
 
StresS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Rex
Posts: 786
Representing:
Default

he needs to be more agressive.
he needs to push the ball more.
he needs to take more risks.
he needs to look to penetrate more.

how many more years are we going to say this?
its not his style.
StresS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insight_tor View Post
Even though you have a point, to create a anti-Calderon thread is way too much. Calderon is hurt at this moment and he doesn't penetrate as he used to probably because he is afraid not to re-injury himself. At this moment the best thing to do is to keep him out till he is 100% and when he is back, play him 25-30 minutes and give the rest of minutes to Roko. Calderon is not built for 40 minutes per game, he give you 30 minutes, high quality play.

Please do not add me into this silly club. Jose is the starter PG for years to came, he just need to play more aggressive and Triano (or the head coach who will replace Triano) to limit his minutes to 30.
Not just now, but all season long since the Olympics, but whatever. I'll let them have their little cult.

Solomon > Roko > Jose.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rob Ford's dopeman.

Senior Member
 
Febreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anywhere there's Internet
Posts: 2,845
Representing:
Default

Sign Me Up.
Febreezy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor
 
insight_tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,076
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
This thread is 100% truth, anybody who doesnt see it is a Jose fanboy.

The guy is the worst defensive PG in the NBA. The only weakness in our defence tonight was him.

Since Jay came on, even Bosh is playing MUCH better defence. Moon is as well. Jose is the only one that continues to play his man incorrectly and the other PGs continue to tear us a new one.

Once Roko came in Rondo couldnt get in the lane at all. Thats what we fucking need.

I'd trade Jose immediately if we could get Butler or Howard no questions asked, and then get some decent defensive pg to fill in for him at starting pg until Roko is ready.

I'm tired of Jose Calderon. Wheres the Jose from his rookie year, driving to the rim and playing intense the entire game?

Wheres his drive and dish game gone?
Don't be so dramatic thriller, Jose is hurt right now. Damn Olympics games, Raptors keeps getting screwed, first Jorge now Jose.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rob Ford's dopeman.

Senior Member
 
Febreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anywhere there's Internet
Posts: 2,845
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StresS View Post
he needs to be more agressive.
he needs to push the ball more.
he needs to take more risks.
he needs to look to penetrate more.

how many more years are we going to say this?
its not his style.
See ford was all that...but he just took many shots and most of them were stupid shots.
Febreezy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus
 
Torontosaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria, home of the Nash-ites
Posts: 3,693
Representing:
Default

Rondo is a tough cover for anyone at PG and Jose was just coming back from injury so I would cut him a little slack. He is a very talented player and will bounce back.
Torontosaurus is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insight_tor View Post
Don't be so dramatic thriller, Jose is hurt right now. Damn Olympics games, Raptors keeps getting screwed, first Jorge now Jose.
+ 1,000,000

It's a shame most fans have tunnel vision.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
like

Member
 
Toebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 241
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post

I'm tired of Jose Calderon. Wheres the Jose from his rookie year, driving to the rim and playing intense the entire game?

Wheres his drive and dish game gone?
It is called the Hinrich effect. You demand stuf like a contract and the starting point guard position and they give it to you and you watch your account go from red to black and your game goes from black to red. HAHAHA!
Toebee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,799
Representing:
Default

Maybe so
But I wish he'd play more like Nash or Kidd and take risks. (Like he said he wants to play like them)
The D just isn't there..
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Maybe so
But I wish he'd play more like Nash or Kidd and take risks. (Like he said he wants to play like them)
The D just isn't there..
You guys trying playing on a bum leg and see how effective you are whether it be on defense or offense. This thread is absolutely ridiculous.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

I don't want any part of this "fanclub". The ONLY reason why Calderon is playing like this is because of his hamstring. That's it. It's not because he isn't a good player or can't play good man to man defense. It's because he is playing hurt. He has been playing hurt for pretty much the entire season and all of his weaknesses are being magnified by his injury.

Take another favorite Spaniard of mine: Fernando Torres (soccer) who has also played the entire season with a hamstring injury. These strains take a long time to fully heal - and when they're not fully healed they are very easy to aggrivate (see repeated instances with both Torres and Calderon).

Toronto should rest Jose for a LONG time. When he isn't 100%, he really is hurting the team's cause unfortunately. Torres went through much longer stretches of rest and healing. something like 5 weeks without playing. Maybe the Raptors should do the same with Jose to get him back to normal.

When healthy, Jose is a top point guard in the league. period. He just hasn't been able to show it this year.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
like

Member
 
Toebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 241
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
You guys trying playing on a bum leg and see how effective you are whether it be on defense or offense. This thread is absolutely ridiculous.
I won't join this club... but really Jay T should have been more selective with his minutes. Played to long in the 1st quarter
Toebee is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
When healthy, Jose is a top point guard in the league. period. He just hasn't been able to show it this year.
Exactly ... fancy preaching the truth. Amen brother.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official NHL Thread Dr. J. Naismith Other Sports 7650 12-17-2014 02:36 PM
Official NFL Thread dfunkie1 Other Sports 3127 12-14-2014 06:40 PM
The Official MMA Thread Windex Other Sports 2736 09-06-2014 02:03 AM
The Official NBA 2K9 Thread you dont know me Entertainment Lounge 13 12-05-2008 04:04 PM
Official NCAA Thread DVS Entertainment Lounge 13 11-27-2008 05:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24