Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   The official 2012/2013 tanking thread (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/official-2012-2013-tanking-thread-24103.html)

LOG 11-23-2012 10:33 PM

The official 2012/2013 tanking thread
 
title speaks for itself.. We are playing like crap and we are not going to the playoffs. Need to tank the shit out and get that top 3 pick

jeffb 11-23-2012 10:36 PM

Depressing http://cdn.publishme.se/cdn/4/177829..._100438512.gif

Dario 11-23-2012 10:38 PM

muhammed zeller or noel. Noel's our guy if we did ever get top 3

CommunistCrunch 11-23-2012 10:39 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tAhGL.gif
http://i44.tinypic.com/rwswlt.gif

Raptors1995 11-23-2012 10:44 PM

If we're the worst, good chance pick will remain with us. Lowest we could fall to is fourth (35 percent chance). If we could add a top 3 pick that would be sweet. Noel or Shabazz.

finstock 11-23-2012 10:44 PM

Reporting for duty! Top three look strong in an otherwise weaker draft. Would be nice to somehow get our pick back. If only we were dealing with a front office as defunct as our own.

Raptors1995 11-23-2012 10:52 PM

It doesn't get any easier, 7 of next 9 on the road:

vs San Antonio
@ Houston
@ Memphis
vs Phoenix
@ Denver
@Sacramento
@ Utah
@ L.A. Clippers
@ Portland

2-7

Dario 11-23-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptors1995 (Post 708541)
It doesn't get any easier, 7 of next 9 on the road:

vs San Antonio
@ Houston
@ Memphis
vs Phoenix
@ Denver
@Sacramento
@ Utah
@ L.A. Clippers
@ Portland

2-7 at best

LOG 11-23-2012 10:56 PM

this season plan should be:
Tank..
Trade Bargs for 2014 pick
Let Rookies play
Trade or resign (to a reasonable deal) Jose
FA addition in the summer
Next season:
Compete for playoffs
give OKC their pick
Resign Lowry

jeffb 11-23-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 708548)
this season plan should be:
Tank..
Trade Bargs for 2014 pick
Let Rookies play
Trade or resign (to a reasonable deal) Jose
FA addition in the summer
Next season:
Compete for playoffs
give OKC their pick
Resign Lowry

Do all that and no way you're re-signing Lowry. He's as good as gone if we don't add talent in the next 9 months.

Dario 11-23-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 708548)
this season plan should be:
Tank..
Trade Bargs for 2014 pick
Let Rookies play
Trade or resign (to a reasonable deal) Jose
FA addition in the summer
Next season:
Compete for playoffs
give OKC their pick
Resign Lowry

best we'd get for bargs is a mid-late first rounder, straightup

LX 11-23-2012 11:00 PM

well we're in a good position to get a top 3 pick

LOG 11-23-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 708551)
Do all that and no way you're re-signing Lowry. He's as good as gone if we don't add talent in the next 9 months.

Top 3 pick, Free agent in summer,in 2014 another pick that is talent right there. I dont think that Bargs or Jose is going to help to resign Lowry.. Hell we still have amnesty to free up the cap space

Dario 11-23-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOG (Post 708565)
Top 3 pick, Free agent in summer,in 2014 another pick that is talent right there. I dont think that Bargs or Jose is going to help to resign Lowry.. Hell we still have amnesty to free up the cap space

What's left on Barg's contract?

jeffb 11-23-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dario (Post 708566)
What's left on Barg's contract?

After this season 2yrs/23mil

Raptors1995 11-23-2012 11:18 PM

I would rather keep Andrea than trading him for a mid to late first round pick coupled with an expiring. I would only trade him for a lottery pick in the offseason, if we could use the space to acquire a guy like Iggy (if he opts out) or another good big via free agency.

N64 11-23-2012 11:23 PM

my brothers

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...674/6t1qfo.gif

I honestly don't understand the hype around Lowry. Yes he has good stats but up and coming PGs are a dime a dozen these days. Rather draft a guy with a late 1st/early 2nd round pick and have him come up slowly with JV/young SF. In 3-5 years when JV reaches his potential, this team might be something if it has some new pieces to grow with him.

jeffb 11-23-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N64 (Post 708587)
my brothers

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...674/6t1qfo.gif

I honestly don't understand the hype around Lowry. Yes he has good stats but up and coming PGs are a dime a dozen these days. Rather draft a guy with a late 1st/early 2nd round pick and have him come up slowly with JV/young SF. In 3-5 years when JV reaches his potential, this team might be something if it has some new pieces to grow with him.

GTFO :Arrogant:

Raptors74 11-23-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 708594)
GTFO :Arrogant:

Someone talks bad about Lowry and they're insane..

Bad thoughts about Bargs and they're a genius :police:

jeffb 11-23-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptors74 (Post 708597)
Someone talks bad about Lowry and they're insane..

Bad thoughts about Bargs and they're a genius :police:

+1


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24