Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Oak, Carter and T-Mac to appear on OTR on Thursday (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/oak-carter-t-mac-appear-otr-thursday-21224.html)

jeffb 11-01-2011 01:38 PM

Oak, Carter and T-Mac to appear on OTR on Thursday
 
For joy. My dream has finally come true. :dancing:

Quote:

Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady will appear on TSN's 'Off The Record' on Thursday to discuss their tenure with the Raptors.

Charles Oakley, who was a teammate with Carter and McGrady, will be in studio with Michael Landsberg.

Carter was a member of the Raptors from 1998 until he was traded to the Nets in 2004.

McGrady was drafted with the ninth overall pick in 1997 and left for the Magic in 2000 in a sign-and-trade deal.
Carter McGrady To Talk About Tenure With Raptors - RealGM Wiretap

fancylad 11-01-2011 01:53 PM

i don't know how 'needed' it is, but i bet they're going to bring up some interesting points generate some interesting discussion.

Who knows, you might even get an appology or feeling of regret from one or two of the players. That would be pretty big given how they're both not exactly well liked by Raptor fans for good reason.

I don't know Jeff... if you have a better idea for who should go on off the record, then go for it.

Acie 11-01-2011 02:00 PM

I'm sure jeff would be much happier and wouldn't question this if it was a bunch of former Leafs.

b55bgc 11-01-2011 02:05 PM

I am actually looking forward to those guys talking about old times.
Proballly the raptors golden age.

jeffb 11-01-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acie (Post 577728)
I'm sure jeff would be much happier and wouldn't question this if it was a bunch of former Leafs.

Former Loafs on OTR....the hell you say?

On a side note......i guess we did need this. Can someone please change the title to "Can't believe it took tihs long......i'm giddy"

Thug 11-01-2011 02:35 PM

In case you haven't noticed, we're in the middle of a lockout..so to answer your question yes. Yes we do need this.

Oh, & learn how to properly title a thread next time. :)

Acie 11-01-2011 02:41 PM


Ball Don't Lie 11-01-2011 04:21 PM

Hopefully some of the questions people really want to know are asked by Lansdouche. And hopefully the PC answers are not present.

jeffb 11-01-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriller92 (Post 577749)
Hopefully some of the questions people really want to know are asked by Lansdouche. And hopefully the PC answers are not present.

PC questions and answers will be present. And i'm guessing we'll hear them talking about how they've discussed "what could have been" had T-Mac stayed.

Admiral 11-01-2011 07:33 PM

not sure if this will be entertaining because he's clearly going to ask them very general questions

its all going to be about the team when they were here, about playing in toronto and canada, and how does toronto work in the nba, its always the same stuff, especially when tsn knows nothing about stuff that isn't hockey

Someguy again 11-01-2011 07:57 PM

"did you enjoy the free healthcare?"

Superjudge 11-01-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral (Post 577761)
not sure if this will be entertaining because he's clearly going to ask them very general questions

its all going to be about the team when they were here, about playing in toronto and canada, and how does toronto work in the nba, its always the same stuff, especially when tsn knows nothing about stuff that isn't hockey

I was having a beer with so called "hockey guy" recently, he dropped about 1.5 hours of basketbll knowledge....

trust me, aside form the actual former hockey players, most every guy there knows all about all sports.

Metallikid 11-02-2011 01:25 AM

When is this happening? And would it appear on channel 22? (In Toronto)

ClutchCity 11-02-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallikid (Post 577789)
When is this happening? And would it appear on channel 22? (In Toronto)

Why didn't you just say Sportsnet lol. But no, it's on TSN. Channel 30.

jeffb 11-02-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral (Post 577761)
not sure if this will be entertaining because he's clearly going to ask them very general questions

its all going to be about the team when they were here, about playing in toronto and canada, and how does toronto work in the nba, its always the same stuff, especially when tsn knows nothing about stuff that isn't hockey

Pretty much. In fact, keep track how many times Lansberg brings up hockey with 3 basketball players.

powerfulpanda 11-02-2011 10:43 AM

so are these guys in toronto for some reason? cuz i highly doubt they would make a trip to toronto just for otr

jeffb 11-02-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfulpanda (Post 577823)
so are these guys in toronto for some reason? cuz i highly doubt they would make a trip to toronto just for otr


Oakley will be in studio, but I doubt the other two will be.

Chiggmo 11-03-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 577827)
Oakley will be in studio, but I doubt the other two will be.

Jeff nailed it there lol.

And a hockey reference before the first commercial break BOO YA

Benzo 11-03-2011 05:26 PM

Can someone give us a recap when its over. Im stuck at my desk

Chiggmo 11-03-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 577951)
Can someone give us a recap when its over. Im stuck at my desk

I turned it off halfway through, it was boring.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24