Now what? - Page 3
Old 11-27-2011, 03:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,658
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Kleiza has looked like absolute trash so far in a Raptors uniform. In fact you would have to convince me why not to use the amnesty. His position as a starter is only temporary on this team.
im not to keen on giving up on klieza yet, We didnt get to see too much of a "healthy" klieza and i think he might surprise a few people
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,003
Representing:
Default

As most people have said the amnesty doesn't make sense for any of our players, hold on to it. Kleiza has been awful so far but he has potential to get better and his contract really isn't hurting us that much.

Ed for Batum makes a lot of sense. There will be a few PFs out there in the draft who are better than Ed. But carp, woudn't that suggest that the blazers may well not fancy the trade?
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Kleiza was slow before...i cant think that an injury like his will have made him faster.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKeet6 View Post
As most people have said the amnesty doesn't make sense for any of our players, hold on to it. Kleiza has been awful so far but he has potential to get better and his contract really isn't hurting us that much.

Ed for Batum makes a lot of sense. There will be a few PFs out there in the draft who are better than Ed. But carp, woudn't that suggest that the blazers may well not fancy the trade?
Two points... first, do the blazers need size? Yes. Oden is not a certainty and Camby has always been a health risk and with age that only gets more relevant. They're loaded on the wings and we're relatively loaded at PF... seems logical.

Second, even with Ed, teams always are looking for talented size. The basic rule is don't trade big for small and I'm sure the Blazers understand the need for young, healthy bigs after waiting on Oden, Pryzbilla, Camby etc in recent years. Does that mean we shouldn't trade big for small? Maybe, but we also have more holes to fill than most teams.... so it's a gamble we should probably take given Batum's lofty potential.

The blazers might not love the deal, but at the same time, both Davis and Batum are young talented players with alot of room to grow.... I can't see them being totally against it. Thoughts?

Last edited by carp; 11-27-2011 at 12:49 PM.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,030
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

I think when you're looking at Ed for Batum you'd have to look at what role would Ed play there? You already have Aldridge there so he's not going to fill a starting role like Batum does on that team.

However, I am intrigued by it.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #46 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I think when you're looking at Ed for Batum you'd have to look at what role would Ed play there? You already have Aldridge there so he's not going to fill a starting role like Batum does on that team.

However, I am intrigued by it.
I agree, but doesn't Wallace now start there? and even with Aldridge there, Davis would be a solid third big on that team behind Camby and LaMarcus and would be able to play with either in the frontcourt at any point as well.

Some will say, oh what about Oden, but let's be realistic.... if that guy can be 15 minute guy for them they'd take it and run.

Last edited by carp; 11-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #47 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,658
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I agree, but doesn't Wallace now start there? and even with Aldridge there, Davis would be a solid third big on that team behind Camby and LaMarcus and would be able to play with either in the frontcourt at any point as well.

Some will say, oh what about Oden, but let's be realistic.... if that guy can be 15 minute guy for them they'd take it and run.
still, i dont know if they would give us bantum, to get a third big
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
still, i dont know if they would give us bantum, to get a third big
a backup SF is worse than a third big..... at least there are two positions Ed could play... Batum can only back up Wallace at SF..... why would we give up a third big to get their back-up SF should be the question you're asking based on that logic.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,658
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
a backup SF is worse than a third big..... at least there are two positions Ed could play... Batum can only back up Wallace at SF..... why would we give up a third big to get their back-up SF should be the question you're asking based on that logic.
because bantum would probably start for us, and ed wont
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by box1992 View Post
because bantum would probably start for us, and ed wont
why does portland care about that? We're obviously nowhere as deep on the wings as them....

talent-wise, I'd say Davis and Batum are similar.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #51 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,108
Representing:
Default

If there were no cap hit a-la hockey for years to come... I amnesty Jose and Kleiza. Kleiza is first and foremoest imo.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,019
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
If there were no cap hit a-la hockey for years to come... I amnesty Jose and Kleiza. Kleiza is first and foremoest imo.
Kleiza is the least of our problems. You don't use up your only amnesty on a 4.5Mil player. Plus, let's see what he does healthy. In his two months last year he was injured the whole time and gave us double digit scoring. When healthy i think he's worth the $$ and is our best SF.

Last edited by jeffb; 11-27-2011 at 05:17 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
why does portland care about that? We're obviously nowhere as deep on the wings as them....

talent-wise, I'd say Davis and Batum are similar.
Davis will be starting for this team this season. I can see that what your saying that they maybe they carry the same value in some game console numerical value system, but they have two very distinct skill sets. And Davis's are far more valuable then Batum's to this team. We need rebounding and Defense, and Davis is the closest thing we have had come to having anchor on that end in a while. James Johnson, who is a very cheap and cheerful SF is going to bring pretty similar numbers to Batum for a fraction of the cost. Have we not set our selves up as a Free agency/ draft minded team. Why are we tanking to get draft picks to trade our rookies away after 60 some odd games? There are plenty of Batums of varying ages and sizes in the league, not so many Ed Davises

Last edited by Scully; 11-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Scully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 872
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
If there were no cap hit a-la hockey for years to come... I amnesty Jose and Kleiza. Kleiza is first and foremoest imo.
I think he has pretty big value integrating Val to North America next season.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #55 (permalink)
Follow @raptorsforum on twitter

Senior Member

 
box92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,658
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
why does portland care about that? We're obviously nowhere as deep on the wings as them....

talent-wise, I'd say Davis and Batum are similar.
i just answered your question you asked me
box92 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #56 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
Aamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,498
Representing:
Default

Jeff Foster, DeAndre Jordan and Deshawn Stevenson would be great small pickups! Really want them here.


TJ Ford? LOL
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #57 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

Portland has Aldridge, why would they want Ed Davis? Right now, they have Wes Mathews, Batum, and Wallace as their wing players. That's pretty scary perimeter D right there. How will Ed Davis even develop under Aldridge? He would definitely have the opportunity here. Yeah, Portland is deep on the wings, but it's not a log jam by any means. Plus, they already got rid of Rudy Fernandez and they will most likely amnesty Brandon Roy, clearing up another roster spot for a possible back up PG/SG. They just need Oden to be healthy and that team could go on a serious playoff run under Nate McMillan.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #58 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity View Post
Portland has Aldridge, why would they want Ed Davis? Right now, they have Wes Mathews, Batum, and Wallace as their wing players. That's pretty scary perimeter D right there. How will Ed Davis even develop under Aldridge? He would definitely have the opportunity here. Yeah, Portland is deep on the wings, but it's not a log jam by any means. Plus, they already got rid of Rudy Fernandez and they will most likely amnesty Brandon Roy, clearing up another roster spot for a possible back up PG/SG. They just need Oden to be healthy and that team could go on a serious playoff run under Nate McMillan.
I definitely see your points... but who are their bigs.... Camby, LA and Oden? Anybody else?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #59 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,019
Representing:
Default

I have a feeling Colangelo will make a trade for a Center to try and maintain flexibility. He also has to see how close to 100% Kleiza is. He may need to spend a little (4-5Mil??) on a decent SF as insurance since Weems isn't back.

Pryzbilla wouldn't be bad either on a 2yr deal.

Last edited by jeffb; 11-27-2011 at 07:23 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #60 (permalink)
up there

][__ . //-\\ .
 
ClutchCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 2,894
Representing:
Default

edit: double post

Last edited by ClutchCity; 11-27-2011 at 07:44 PM.
ClutchCity is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24