The "New" Chris Bosh
Old 08-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default The "New" Chris Bosh

Wow.....fresh off a Gold medal and playing with the best in the world, our boy is no longer our "underrated" superstar. He is now on the verge of having one of the most dissapointing seasons in Raptor history. The massive pub, and salty ball licking is so insanely premature its not even funny.

*Yoda* Ironic the timing of Mr.Carefoots blog is*Yoda*

Instead of being underrated, we are now being brow beatin, with the New Bosh that is comming back to save us from a memory that is VC. So with that I caution Raptor fans to remember the hero's welcome and red carpet we rolled out for number 15 after he dunked over some french dude.

History repeats itself, if we don't learn from it.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

I see what you're saying, but Carter was THE MAN on that 2000 Sydney team. He had all the hype because of the dunk. Bosh isn't the same. He didn't start, he wasn't the focal point of the team's offense, like Kobe, Lebron or D-Wade was (or Carter in 2000 for that matter). But I see where you are going with this, but I don't think the same thing happens
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
I see what you're saying, but Carter was THE MAN on that 2000 Sydney team. He had all the hype because of the dunk. Bosh isn't the same. He didn't start, he wasn't the focal point of the team's offense, like Kobe, Lebron or D-Wade was (or Carter in 2000 for that matter). But I see where you are going with this, but I don't think the same thing happens
Did you think what happened with VC was going to happen?? He was the returning hero, fresh off signing a new contract with our Raptors...the man was a bloody Hero, a hero who became a Toronto Legend for all the wrong reasons.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,266
Representing:
Default

And don't forget how much Jose sucked after winning the World Championships - arguably a bigger prize in basketball circles.

Oh wait...

So we have to learn what from history exactly? That we need to keep taking a great guy for granted. A guy that has never looked for special treatment. A guy who's mother does not try to run the team. And then everything will be flowers and butterflies?

If Bosh has a disappointing season, I am going to be disappointed no matter how I look at him now. I suppose if I follow the Benzo line of reasoning, and just hate on the guy now, then I can be a wonderfully, brilliant and happy fan and look forward to Bargnani saving me from the memory of CB. No thanks.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
And don't forget how much Jose sucked after winning the World Championships - arguably a bigger prize in basketball circles.

Oh wait...

So we have to learn what from history exactly? That we need to keep taking a great guy for granted. A guy that has never looked for special treatment. A guy who's mother does not try to run the team. And then everything will be flowers and butterflies?

If Bosh has a disappointing season, I am going to be disappointed no matter how I look at him now. I suppose if I follow the Benzo line of reasoning, and just hate on the guy now, then I can be a wonderfully, brilliant and happy fan and look forward to Bargnani saving me from the memory of CB. No thanks.
I am suggesting Vince sucked we he came back either....I just hope Bosh doesn't read his own press.

I'm not saying to hate on him at all. Just to keep prespective. What do we owe Chris Bosh, that we take him for granted?? Nobody was talking about VC's mom, no-one suggested VC was looking for special treatment...Bargs is a project...thats fine...I don't know what he has to do with this....but I assume you can attack Mo to try and prove a point that has nothing to do with what we are talking about either.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
saying too many dudes are Tyson Chandler, trying to lead their teams and went nowhere

Scarborough, We Go Hard..
 
MangoKidHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,915
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Did you think what happened with VC was going to happen?? He was the returning hero, fresh off signing a new contract with our Raptors...the man was a bloody Hero, a hero who became a Toronto Legend for all the wrong reasons.
None of us expected it to happen, but let's review what happened with VC - he was the man in Toronto - when he got to Sydney, the USA ran their offense through him - he was the driving force - the main star. He started - he was a hero. He had that dunk over Freddy Weis.

Bosh on the other hand, came off the bench, did nothing really flashy. He wasn't the man on that team full of stars. So, there isn't much fanfare.
MangoKidHoops is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
constantly working on developing his psychological calluses

Raptors Blogfather
 
Scott Carefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 156
Representing:
Default

No matter what Bosh does this season, certain people are going to call him a disappointment unless the Raptors make it to the Eastern Conference Finals next season -- which is a longshot, to put it mildly.

Anyway, comparing Bosh to Vince is a joke. Vince should have been a top-five player in the NBA and a lock for the Hall of Fame, but he doesn't care about the game enough. Whatever criticisms you might have about Bosh, he most definitely is not lacking in heart.
Scott Carefoot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Carefoot View Post
No matter what Bosh does this season, certain people are going to call him a disappointment unless the Raptors make it to the Eastern Conference Finals next season -- which is a longshot, to put it mildly.

Anyway, comparing Bosh to Vince is a joke. Vince should have been a top-five player in the NBA and a lock for the Hall of Fame, but he doesn't care about the game enough. Whatever criticisms you might have about Bosh, he most definitely is not lacking in heart.
Honestly Scott, at the time, when VC came back fomr the games, what was your opinion of him???

Things change.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyRrAd_Nation View Post
None of us expected it to happen, but let's review what happened with VC - he was the man in Toronto - when he got to Sydney, the USA ran their offense through him - he was the driving force - the main star. He started - he was a hero. He had that dunk over Freddy Weis.

Bosh on the other hand, came off the bench, did nothing really flashy. He wasn't the man on that team full of stars. So, there isn't much fanfare.
..and in Toronto, we are turning Bosh into a hero, before the season...look at the last couple threads from the beat writers....

Not one is suggesting "Proceed with Caution", the Bosh we see with Kobe might not be the Bosh we see with AP.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,266
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
I am suggesting Vince sucked we he came back either....I just hope Bosh doesn't read his own press.

I'm not saying to hate on him at all. Just to keep prespective. What do we owe Chris Bosh, that we take him for granted?? Nobody was talking about VC's mom, no-one suggested VC was looking for special treatment...Bargs is a project...thats fine...I don't know what he has to do with this....but I assume you can attack Mo to try and prove a point that has nothing to do with what we are talking about either.
Cool - I'm all for keeping things in perspective. Comparisons to VC hardly helps with that in my mind, for the very reasons I mentioned. And I didn't even get into the kinds of things Scott did. Bosh hates to lose period. That was never really the case with Vince. He loved the heroics as much as the winning, and he never understood that heroics does not necessarily bring wins. While Bosh has helped lead team USA to victory by staying away from heroics. Apples and Oranges in every sense of the word.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,266
Representing:
Default

When VC came back from Sydney, I thought - maybe this is the year he takes it to the next level.

Bosh, on the other hand has consistently developed his team game and leadership skills. I look at what he did in Beijing and see things he was already doing here.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Proceed with Caution?

Benzo, i think you're completely over-analizing the scenerio. Bosh isn't VC. he's never been VC. If anything he's the Anti-Vince. Bosh played very well in the olympics, but in truth, did a lot of the "drity work" that doesn't nessesarily get a lot of praise. his game was all about effort and not much about finesse or "superstar plays". In this case he is getting a lot of praise... but should we just assume it's all going to go to his head? If that's the case then we're selling him short big time.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

I am not saying hate on Bosh....he is our best player....ask yourselves honestly your opinion of VC, when he came back with all the pub. Our opinion of VC changed....are you all telling me it will not under any circumstances about our budding media whore?......
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

I just think they're two different players (too different also) to make a big deal out of it.

I don't want to judge Bosh based on Carter's shortcomings. it's not really fair.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I just think they're two different players (too different also) to make a big deal out of it.

I don't want to judge Bosh based on Carter's shortcomings. it's not really fair.
What did you think of VC when he came back from the Olympics?
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

I thought he was a real, bonafied NBA superstar. All peaches and cream. Half man-half amazing, etc. I was wrong.

but whatever.

I still don't see it as all that relavent. The only thing this comparion has going for it is that they both returned from the olympics to the toronto raptors. big deal. they are also the only toronto Raptors to play for the US basketball team. Big coincidence. Are Hornets fans worried about how Paul will play after the stardom gained from olympic gold?
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I thought he was a real, bonafied NBA superstar. All peaches and cream. Half man-half amazing, etc. I was wrong.

but whatever.

I still don't see it as all that relavent. The only thing this comparion has going for it is that they both returned from the olympics to the toronto raptors. big deal. they are also the only toronto Raptors to play for the US basketball team. Big coincidence. Are Hornets fans worried about how Paul will play after the stardom gained from olympic gold?
They both came back from the olyimpics with a "new promise", with a media machine behind them.

If we (yep me too) were so wrong about Vince, why is it impossible to imagine that we wont again.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

because like the others said, it REALLY is comparing Apples to Oranges.

yeah, i know. I'm no fun.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

ah.. if clarifies anything: I don't think Bosh is half-man, half amazing. I don't think he's of the same ilk as Kobe, Lebron, young Vince, etc. When Vince was coming up, many thought he was the next big-thing - and for a while he was playing like he may have actually deserved the title. Of course, we were all wrong and Carter proved to be a fake and a failure,

but moving on...

I've never thought those things about Bosh. I never thought he was going to be a second coming or some basketball mesiah. However, i always thought that Bosh could be a massive player - a superstar if you will - but one who gets it done via hard work and constant effort. One who won't shy from contact and brings it hard game in, game out.

so far he's doing that - and i don't see why we should assume he'll change his game or effort. have a little faith man.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,289
Representing:
Default

I have heard much talk of him now belonging with the Wades, Kobe's, Lebron's and Paul's of the NBA.....he is not even close.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toronto Sun: Shaq vs. Chris "RuPaul " Bosh Windex Toronto Raptors 28 10-28-2009 02:39 PM
The Hoop Doctors: Is Chris Bosh "For Sale"? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 5 06-27-2009 01:16 AM
Amare: "No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh" Pistol Pete Toronto Raptors 47 05-31-2009 09:29 PM
Chad Ford: "Pray to God that Chris Bosh isn't leaving." Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 2 04-07-2009 03:23 PM
Chris Bosh on CBC's "The Hour" on Feb 28th Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 21 01-31-2008 11:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24