The NBA:Where Too Much TJ Ford Happens - Page 2
Old 03-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Byte Mii, I have Wii Fit!
 
Krazy Ivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,967
Representing:
Default

Does anyone know more about, behind the closed door, meeting TJ had with coaching stuff?
Krazy Ivan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,547
Representing:
Default

ummm, I doubt that something is going to come out to the light because its likely it was about his attitude on the floor. Who knows though.
Belsius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Byte Mii, I have Wii Fit!
 
Krazy Ivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,967
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsius View Post
ummm, I doubt that something is going to come out to the light because its likely it was about his attitude on the floor. Who knows though.
I wish I knew what was going on there...
Krazy Ivan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
El Guapo

The Problem Solver
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,386
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post



I knows you.
Sauce is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 8,873
Representing:
Default

off the floor, it was really fun to listen to mike james - he was saying the craziest things, but he was funny. You could never tell for sure if he actually believed it ..
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Here's a mug shot on TJ.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

SPORTS: Trade T.J. Ford
It's too late for the Toronto Raptors to trade T.J. Ford ... THIS season. But, after last night's display of New York Knick-style selfishness, I'd make it the first priority of the off-season.

To Portland for Jarret Jack and Travis Outlaw, perhaps? I'd even take on the contract of Stephon Marbury, if the Knicks would throw in David Lee and Reynaldo Balkman. Pair Ford up with Jason Kapono and see if Utah would be interested in trading Andrei Kirilenko in a three-way with somebody else, the third-team getting Ford. Afterall, Utah has Deron Williams.

Whatever, I've always found Ford's ability to pass comes from as much surprise on the part of opponents as any real passing ability. He's a ball-hog. A play-maker, according to Bosh, but ultimately a shot-taker that would have Kobe Bryant embarrassed. He dribbles and dribbles and then finds a shot to take. ONLY when surrounded by three or more defenders will he dish off.

As a proponent of team basketball, his play is untenable. To compare with Jose Calderon is to show the yin and yang of point guards. One believes in team, one doesn't. And however athletically talented he might be, he's eminently replaceable on this team. He can't play on a championship team. Simple as that. If Toronto dreams of a championship in two to three year's time, he has to be traded.

The Raptors need Bargnani to mature. They'll need two wings, one of whom can play defence. They need a reliable rebounding big man who plays defence and doesn't need a lot of offensive plays run for him. They need a backup guard for Calderon. They need to be out from under Ford's contract about the same time the Nestorovic contract ends. THEN, the team will have the money to see about filling in the last piece of the championship puzzle.

I'd prefer the Kirilenko option above all others. Kirilenko would provide the defence and enough offence to make a front-line of Bargnani, Chris Bosh and Kirilenko awfully hard to defend. Throw in Calderon and Anthony Parker and that team can start in an NBA final. You draft a mini-Ford like Ty Lawson and there's your backup point, with Roko Ukic being the third guard. Carlos Delfino, Jamario Moon and Kris Humphries (or his better replacement), make-up a decent rotation. And that's without using any exception money OR Nestorovic's expiring contract.

The interesting one would be the Knick move. Marbury would start next season as the backup, but his big contract would be great trade material. And even if the team hung on to the contract to get cap space themselves in the season AFTER next, when combined with Nestorovic's contract, it would actually give the Raptors 20 million reasons to lure a superstar north to combine with Bosh. In the meantime, Marbury could give them the same selfish backup play that Ford does. But replace Humphries with David Lee and split Jamario Moon's minutes with Balkman when the other team has a wing that needs stopping, and you upgrade the Raptors immediately.

Portland pursued Calderon at this trade deadline with some vigor. I don't know if they'd be as enthusiastic about Ford, but no hurt in trying. Jack can fill Ford's backup minutes. And if the Raptors could score the athletic Outlaw, then one wing spot would be taken care of. That opens up trading Kapono and/or Moon. Portland might also be willing to offer up Martell Webster instead of Outlaw, and that wouldn't be a bad thing for Toronto.

In any case, the Raptors would benefit immensely from making T.J. Ford an ex-Raptor this summer.


# posted by Gary Mugford @ 12:20 PM

Last edited by raptor123; 03-07-2008 at 01:25 PM.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

mug says a lot of stuff there. One thing that bothers me about blogs, and messageboards is that people can type whatever they want, have no basis, no credibility, and basically no real shed of evidence that what they are typing is corret, and they can triumphantly broadcast it out over the interweb as if they are the new Voice of NBA basketball.

Honestly. Are the Raptors minus Tj, and plus Kirilenko, they team to beat in the east???

I'm not so sure.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
alseaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 132
Representing:
Default

besides, AK is probably just as injury prone as TJ.
alseaf is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Tommy2Tymes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 441
Representing:
Default

I'm tired of hearing of AK as a Raps target. He would be nice, but people! He is unhappy in Utah because he wants to play PF. He's blocked by Boozer. Here hes blocked by Bosh....and Bargs. Its not gonna happen for cryin out loud
Tommy2Tymes is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
mug says a lot of stuff there. One thing that bothers me about blogs, and messageboards is that people can type whatever they want, have no basis, no credibility, and basically no real shed of evidence that what they are typing is corret, and they can triumphantly broadcast it out over the interweb as if they are the new Voice of NBA basketball.

Honestly. Are the Raptors minus Tj, and plus Kirilenko, they team to beat in the east???

I'm not so sure.
Excellent observations SJ. I concur.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,543
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy2Tymes View Post
I'm tired of hearing of AK as a Raps target. He would be nice, but people! He is unhappy in Utah because he wants to play PF. He's blocked by Boozer. Here hes blocked by Bosh....and Bargs. Its not gonna happen for cryin out loud
cosigned. and that contract too... yikes.
fancylad is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #32 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 8,873
Representing:
Default

the dumbest thing in that article is knicks trading a HUGE expiring contract + their biggest asset in david lee for Ford??? Isiah is stupid, but not to that level. 20 million expiring is a major asset in itself. Not to mention that salaries don't match ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

oh but would ya just love Lee

Sigh!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,547
Representing:
Default

Raptors+kirilenko=NBA title.
Belsius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:10 AM   #35 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

stop smoking pot.

Raptors+kirilenko= One guarenteed night that that Dweeb Bosh gets laid, thats AK-47's special night out, Mrs. AK plays while the cat is away.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

 
Belsius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 10,547
Representing:
Default

I wasnt a big fan of kirilenko until I saw him play in the European championship this summer SJ. He was just amazing, IMO a top 10-20 in the NBA without doubt, Best international player for me
Belsius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 8,873
Representing:
Default

so was his teammate, victor khryapa ...
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Senior Member
 
The MVP of West Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,129
Representing:
Default

Yeah, I think Kirilenko would be a horrible fit. He can't play the 3. And he needs to run, making Toronto's slow game the worst place to be.
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dominican republic baby
Posts: 566
Representing:
Default

good fit, he is paper mache soft too
pimpery is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
Here's a mug shot on TJ.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

SPORTS: Trade T.J. Ford
It's too late for the Toronto Raptors to trade T.J. Ford ... THIS season. But, after last night's display of New York Knick-style selfishness, I'd make it the first priority of the off-season.

To Portland for Jarret Jack and Travis Outlaw, perhaps? I'd even take on the contract of Stephon Marbury, if the Knicks would throw in David Lee and Reynaldo Balkman. Pair Ford up with Jason Kapono and see if Utah would be interested in trading Andrei Kirilenko in a three-way with somebody else, the third-team getting Ford. Afterall, Utah has Deron Williams.

Whatever, I've always found Ford's ability to pass comes from as much surprise on the part of opponents as any real passing ability. He's a ball-hog. A play-maker, according to Bosh, but ultimately a shot-taker that would have Kobe Bryant embarrassed. He dribbles and dribbles and then finds a shot to take. ONLY when surrounded by three or more defenders will he dish off.

As a proponent of team basketball, his play is untenable. To compare with Jose Calderon is to show the yin and yang of point guards. One believes in team, one doesn't. And however athletically talented he might be, he's eminently replaceable on this team. He can't play on a championship team. Simple as that. If Toronto dreams of a championship in two to three year's time, he has to be traded.

The Raptors need Bargnani to mature. They'll need two wings, one of whom can play defence. They need a reliable rebounding big man who plays defence and doesn't need a lot of offensive plays run for him. They need a backup guard for Calderon. They need to be out from under Ford's contract about the same time the Nestorovic contract ends. THEN, the team will have the money to see about filling in the last piece of the championship puzzle.

I'd prefer the Kirilenko option above all others. Kirilenko would provide the defence and enough offence to make a front-line of Bargnani, Chris Bosh and Kirilenko awfully hard to defend. Throw in Calderon and Anthony Parker and that team can start in an NBA final. You draft a mini-Ford like Ty Lawson and there's your backup point, with Roko Ukic being the third guard. Carlos Delfino, Jamario Moon and Kris Humphries (or his better replacement), make-up a decent rotation. And that's without using any exception money OR Nestorovic's expiring contract.

The interesting one would be the Knick move. Marbury would start next season as the backup, but his big contract would be great trade material. And even if the team hung on to the contract to get cap space themselves in the season AFTER next, when combined with Nestorovic's contract, it would actually give the Raptors 20 million reasons to lure a superstar north to combine with Bosh. In the meantime, Marbury could give them the same selfish backup play that Ford does. But replace Humphries with David Lee and split Jamario Moon's minutes with Balkman when the other team has a wing that needs stopping, and you upgrade the Raptors immediately.

Portland pursued Calderon at this trade deadline with some vigor. I don't know if they'd be as enthusiastic about Ford, but no hurt in trying. Jack can fill Ford's backup minutes. And if the Raptors could score the athletic Outlaw, then one wing spot would be taken care of. That opens up trading Kapono and/or Moon. Portland might also be willing to offer up Martell Webster instead of Outlaw, and that wouldn't be a bad thing for Toronto.

In any case, the Raptors would benefit immensely from making T.J. Ford an ex-Raptor this summer.


# posted by Gary Mugford @ 12:20 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. Did you see tonights game? Lakers vs Raptors.

Another reason to hate TJ Ford. Other than being a complete ball hog in the second half (he totally forgot his team), did you see the number of times he left Derek Fisher open for 3pts!!! TJ was lucky he scored as much as he did, but in the process he robbed his teammates of opportunities and he played no defense on the Laker's Derek Fisher. Hmmm.... Chuck Swirsky wonders aloud how are the lakers getting so open for 3pt shots -- WELL MAYBE IT"S BECAUSE TJ FORD IS ALWAYS TRYING TO STEAL THE BALL AND PLAYS NO DEFENSE. Sam Mitchell is an idiot for leaving him in and not playing Calderon. The Raptors will go 50% or less for the rest of the season unless someone injures TJ Ford again or Sam Mitchell is fired.
echu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Ford!! Benzo Toronto Raptors 5 03-13-2008 12:03 PM
It's TJ Ford for himself ! raptor123 Toronto Raptors 15 03-05-2008 09:55 AM
TJ Ford Update fancylad Toronto Raptors 6 01-29-2008 10:13 AM
T.J. Ford Update Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 16 01-24-2008 10:04 AM
Ford to the Cavs? Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 18 01-22-2008 01:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24