Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   NBA. com: Ed Davis drops in rookie rankings (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/nba-com-ed-davis-drops-rookie-rankings-19206.html)

jeffb 02-02-2011 03:21 PM

NBA. com: Ed Davis drops in rookie rankings
 
Quote:

10 Ed Davis : Toronto Raptors

In his last three games, the Raptors' center has averaged 11.3 points and 9.0 rebounds. Toronto keeps losing (their slide is at 12), but Davis continues to be a bright spot in this frustrating season. In their most recent loss, a 104-93 setback in Indiana, Davis had three blocked shots and helped keep the Raptors in the game. "Active, blocked shots, changed the game when he got in the game," head coach Jay Triano said of Davis. "He was on the floor when we made the run to get back in it and he was on the floor for most of the positive things we did today."
Rookie Ladder | NBA.com

b55bgc 02-02-2011 03:41 PM

He is only getting better. Why would he drop. Seems silly

pzabby 02-02-2011 04:15 PM

Unless all the other rookies have been improving and having a greater effect than ok bit I doubt it so this is bull.

Dutches 02-02-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b55bgc (Post 503622)
He is only getting better. Why would he drop. Seems silly

Yeah i agree... Gary Neal and Paul George should both be below him imo.

MARTYNAS 02-02-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b55bgc (Post 503622)
He is only getting better. Why would he drop. Seems silly


because other players are getting better too.

m5racer 02-03-2011 11:26 AM

11.3 points and 9.0 rebounds in the last three games.....looks like the next hoffa to me.....Im kind of shocked hes not in the bottom 10 by now.....waive this fool already and bring up more d-league talent!

fancylad 02-03-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5racer (Post 503965)
11.3 points and 9.0 rebounds in the last three games.....looks like the next hoffa to me.....Im kind of shocked hes not in the bottom 10 by now.....waive this fool already and bring up more d-league talent!

Your sarcasm is hard to detect. I assume you are being sarcastic. and if not, shame on you.

LilRomeo 02-03-2011 01:48 PM

One poster on RealGM said Paul George is way better than DeRozan.

carp 02-03-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilromee (Post 504010)
One poster on RealGM said Paul George is way better than DeRozan.

at this point, I wouldn't say way better... but he did look good against us. He's got legit SF size, but could easily be the next Pietrus.... which isn't terrible but not great. I'd say they both have good upside, and it's not easy to say which is better at this point.

m5racer 02-03-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 504009)
Your sarcasm is hard to detect. I assume you are being sarcastic. and if not, shame on you.

Really, how could I be any more sarcastic then this? from now on I will put a

:SARCASM: :/SARCASM:

im between each statement. Really though how could a statement like that not be sarcastic?

LightsOut 02-03-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5racer (Post 504015)
Really, how could I be any more sarcastic then this? from now on I will put a

:SARCASM: :/SARCASM:

im between each statement. Really though how could a statement like that not be sarcastic?

some ppl are just special

fancylad 02-03-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5racer (Post 504015)
Really, how could I be any more sarcastic then this? from now on I will put a

:SARCASM: :/SARCASM:

im between each statement. Really though how could a statement like that not be sarcastic?

hey just making sure. People can have some pretty wack opinions! Good that you don't.

b55bgc 02-03-2011 02:40 PM

Once again the sole Canadian team doesnt get its respect. Are any of us surprised?

RaptorsandBuckeye FaN 02-03-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b55bgc (Post 503622)
He is only getting better. Why would he drop. Seems silly

And like someone else said so are others and they have played the whole year which gives them a advantage.

He is in the top 10. Right where he belongs right now. #5-#10 range you could argue either way.

Admiral 02-03-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 504013)
at this point, I wouldn't say way better... but he did look good against us. He's got legit SF size, but could easily be the next Pietrus.... which isn't terrible but not great. I'd say they both have good upside, and it's not easy to say which is better at this point.

i don't know about you but for demar my eyes are set higher than pietrus
but i understand what you mean, if we can get demar to be at least a pietrus level then i won't call him a bust, especially if he acquires the pietrus defensive skills


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24