MoPete returns March 30th - Page 2

Go Back   Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards > NBA Discussion > Toronto Raptors

View Poll Results: How should Raptors fans react?
Standing Ovation! 16 66.67%
Audible Cheer! 6 25.00%
Nothing! 2 8.33%
Boo him like we do VC! 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
The guy complained on more than one occasion about playing time, even going as far as say it's time to play elsewhere, bad mouthed the team when he signed an offer sheet with the Hornets four years ago only to have to back peddle when the Rators matched it and sulked on the bench all of last year.

Screw him.



Mr.Raptor = Alvin Williams
Trying to get me riled up?.....well the week of Mo is just begining. Here is the difference bewteen Mo wanting to be an all-star and TJ.

Mo never did it at the expense of his team.

Mo didnt sulk on the bench for a year and you know it. The only time he spoke up was on behest of his agent...to get the $$$$$$$.

Don't forget , he was probably our best player on the floor in last years playoffs.
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Banned
 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 19,089
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
Trying to get me riled up?.....well the week of Mo is just begining. Here is the difference bewteen Mo wanting to be an all-star and TJ.

Mo never did it at the expense of his team.

Mo didnt sulk on the bench for a year and you know it. The only time he spoke up was on behest of his agent...to get the $$$$$$$.

Don't forget , he was probably our best player on the floor in last years playoffs.

Right, becuase Mo was too busy eating Big Mac's and detailing cars all summer to put the time in on his game to become an all-star.

Actually Rasho was our best player, but yes, he did play good in the playoffs...

How's he doing in NO? Playing lots of meaningful minutes?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIEEARL40 View Post
Right, becuase Mo was too busy eating Big Mac's and detailing cars all summer to put the time in on his game to become an all-star.

Actually Rasho was our best player, but yes, he did play good in the playoffs...

How's he doing in NO? Playing lots of meaningful minutes?
Don;t be bitter cause you have in the pool.....

I have no delusions of grandeur when it comes to Mo,

inconsistant?

out of shape?

Sure..I wouldn't argue that.

He is the type of guy who took pride in playing good defense, and took his shots when he got em...he was never really a chucker. Nver took days off for the "flu" etc.....backed down from no challange, Mo taking a charge, was a beautiful thing.

First Raps jersey I ever bought....oh and he is from MSU
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Byte Mii, I have Wii Fit!
 
Krazy Ivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,953
Representing:
Default

I don't care about Peterson... never did... he is another mediocre player who on really, really bad team got much more minutes then his talent deserves.

I don't really care if people cheer or boo him but knowing that there are always sheep who'll get into the hype, most likely he will get warm reception.

I almost forgot that he was ever a Raptor, that's how important he is in my Raps' watching.

And Aciee is right... Mo never started the season in shape... he was bitching, crying and complaining once removed from starting lineup and his inconsistence was at the level that Joey Graham's is... so all in all, I don't give a shit about him
Krazy Ivan is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 755
Representing:
Default

Mo did the hard fouls that others didn't dare to do, guy was the only who could stop a little bit VC in the playoffs ... say what you want, but nobody still does what he did. (Rasho doesn't play the same spot).

Maybe not the best, but he gave us what the team lacked: toughness.
rapsfan087 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
hibernating

Retired Administrator
 
Benzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,990
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Ivan View Post
I don't care about Peterson... never did... he is another mediocre player who on really, really bad team got much more minutes then his talent deserves.

I don't really care if people cheer or boo him but knowing that there are always sheep who'll get into the hype, most likely he will get warm reception.

I almost forgot that he was ever a Raptor, that's how important he is in my Raps' watching.

And Aciee is right... Mo never started the season in shape... he was bitching, crying and complaining once removed from starting lineup and his inconsistence was at the level that Joey Graham's is... so all in all, I don't give a shit about him

Thats a little harsh man....I am not a Mo fan because of Hype...when the fuck did Mo ever have hype? You're right he didnt start in shape...He did not "bitch and cry'".

Mo, was a good guy here, who keeps a business here, he was personally always very nice to me, when alot of the Raptors were not.

A-1 guy....

I will tell my Mo story a little closer to his return date...
Benzo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,538
Representing:
Default

Some clapping, possible combined with standing.

He was a trooper here, and played to his talents mostly.

Sadly, his talents include an inconsistent shooting stroke...
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 67
Representing:
Default

Missed the game completely. I hope the crowd gave him a good pop.
westbeach is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 12,770
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbeach View Post
Missed the game completely. I hope the crowd gave him a good pop.
Here you go westbeach.

Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MoPete going back to #24 Thug NBA Talk 6 08-19-2009 05:14 PM
TSN2 Protest Planned For Dec 30th Dino Blogger Toronto Raptors 10 12-28-2008 01:11 PM
Butler Returns In Big Win For Wizards Dr. J. Naismith NBA Talk 16 03-14-2008 07:15 PM
Third Returns on All-Star Voting Returns Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 2 01-05-2008 09:26 PM
Second Returns on All-Star Voting In Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 6 12-28-2007 10:02 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24