Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Moon doesn't like to read scouting reports (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/moon-doesnt-like-read-scouting-reports-1089.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 03-05-2008 01:06 PM

Moon doesn't like to read scouting reports
 
Hmmm .... I suggest you start Jamario. :angryfire:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Grange
Jamario Moon told me once he doesn’t like to read scouting reports because he’d prefer to play his man straight up and with a fresh eye. His point was that guys are so good that if you are expecting them to do one thing, they’ll promptly do the other. My take would be the scouting report is there to help you force guys into tendencies they’re less comfortable with. Sometimes they even capture the way smart players make their weaknesses strengths. So my bet is the scouting report on Hedo Turkoglu is that even though he’s right-handed, he’ s more likely to drive left and finish left. Moon doesn’t seem clear on this in the early going, as Turkoglu burns him left a couple of times.

Source - Click here

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 03-05-2008 01:08 PM

Sounds like something that would have worked in other leagues and even early on here when he was not being paid attention to..but now that the league knows how he defends...it's starting to be a less effective approach :)

fancylad 03-05-2008 01:10 PM

he also is shooting too many long jump shots!

but me thinks the players that are defending him ARE reading his scouting report know this and are playing off of him on purpose!

Benzo 03-05-2008 01:17 PM

Sounds like something Sam should be MAKING HIM DO!!!!.

Kuzzy 03-05-2008 03:31 PM

Jamario is
GARBAGE.
He thinks hes a finesse player, thats what REALLY pisses me off.

Krazy Ivan 03-05-2008 03:55 PM

At this point I had just about enough of him...

Just like in Dunk Contest... he talks the talks but boy he sure doesn't walk the walk...

He is another Vince Carte wannabe... he has the talent but is lazy and he has no brains nor drive to succeed...

fancylad 03-05-2008 04:21 PM

OK.. i think you two are being a tad overly-critical.

dude needs to focus more and stop shooting from long range, but he's still a fine player. Let's also remember that HE'S A ROOKIE.

pimpery 03-05-2008 04:49 PM

Jamario was super overrated earlier in the year and reality is sinking in. I think he can be a nice 7th or 8th man off the bench, but if he is starting or 6th man on your team, your team simply isnt that good. I think his ceiling is close to being reached, he just needs to get his head out of his ass and realize he needs to grab boards, play hard D and stfu.

Id like to add Jamario's reasoning is as retarded as his play. Yea every player knows u read his scouting report so he does the opposite... meaning they would always be doing the opposite? Stfu humpty dance looking clown. Perhaps he doesnt know how to read, i could believe that. Scouting reports show players tendencies, which most players have, and they dont go looking to do the opposite all game to throw u off, god this kid is dim.

Superjudge 03-05-2008 06:29 PM

wow.

just
wow.

You guys.

just wow.

'trane 03-06-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpery (Post 15674)
Jamario was super overrated earlier in the year and reality is sinking in. I think he can be a nice 7th or 8th man off the bench, but if he is starting or 6th man on your team, your team simply isnt that good. I think his ceiling is close to being reached, he just needs to get his head out of his ass and realize he needs to grab boards, play hard D and stfu.

Id like to add Jamario's reasoning is as retarded as his play. Yea every player knows u read his scouting report so he does the opposite... meaning they would always be doing the opposite? Stfu humpty dance looking clown. Perhaps he doesnt know how to read, i could believe that. Scouting reports show players tendencies, which most players have, and they dont go looking to do the opposite all game to throw u off, god this kid is dim.

Dude, you've got to stop using the word 'retarded' in your posts. First of all, it's offensive. Second of all, in post after post of broken english, internet short forms and immature ideas, it makes you look like a goof.

Sick, Wicked and Nasty! 03-06-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coltrane (Post 15847)
makes you look like a goof.

I'll second that and raise you a .... (don't want to get banned :) )

Belsius 03-06-2008 10:11 AM

Moon looked reaally good yesterday. He completely destroyed Marion. Now if he could always play like that.

Superjudge 03-06-2008 12:30 PM

thats my Coltrane, strong, silent, and dead nuts on!

The MVP of West Hollywood 03-06-2008 01:49 PM

Moon should spend the next month watching Lebron tapes, heh... We'll have our hands full all right

pimpery 03-06-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coltrane (Post 15847)
Dude, you've got to stop using the word 'retarded' in your posts. First of all, it's offensive. Second of all, in post after post of broken english, internet short forms and immature ideas, it makes you look like a goof.

ahh i care deeply what u think of me... i give an opinion and u get personal, making you classy right?

As for a TJ lover always making excuses for a selfish goof, ironic isnt it?

'trane 03-06-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpery (Post 16031)
ahh i care deeply what u think of me... i give an opinion and u get personal, making you classy right?

As for a TJ lover always making excuses for a selfish goof, ironic isnt it?

TJ lover? You haven't been around long have you...

I'm not getting personal about your opinion, I'm getting personal about your choice of language. Don't use the word 'retarded' to describe someone's reasoning or play. It's offensive. That's the point.

Superjudge 03-06-2008 06:12 PM

Pimp.

You're angry man, ya gotta loosen up.

Coltrane is a grown man and is talking like one, and he's right.

You seem to have a big chip on your shoulder about where you're from, and what your about, but dude, nobody is questioning that.

In life who you are is about who you are, you seem to get that, if so, let that petty hit go man, were all on your side.

pimpery 03-07-2008 01:33 AM

i hear you SJ but seems every1 around here doesnt agree with me or how i express myself calls me a "tool", "goof" etc etc like its all good to just shit on me, well, how i was brought up and how i am you dont just talk to ppl like that unless u want beef with them.

Retarded is something i say, its a real word in the english language as far as i know , i could be wrong im not claiming to be the most sophisicated poster im just getting my point across, if some1 in your family is "mentally challenged" or w/e and your talking offense to me using a word me and my friends commonly use, thats really not my problem its yours, its a real word stemming from classical music "retard" which means to slow down.

'trane 03-07-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpery (Post 16136)

Retarded is something i say, its a real word in the english language as far as i know , i could be wrong im not claiming to be the most sophisicated poster im just getting my point across, if some1 in your family is "mentally challenged" or w/e and your talking offense to me using a word me and my friends commonly use, thats really not my problem its yours, its a real word stemming from classical music "retard" which means to slow down.

This is exactly the kind of attitude that perpetuates barriers to inclusion for people with developmental disabilities. You use 'retarded' when you mean dumb or stupid. This is what is offensive. It's not 'just a word you use', it's a negative label that hurts those that already face enough problems integrating with society. It's my problem, and it's your problem (that's why I called you a goof).

When you say it's a real word, you're both right and wrong. It's real alright, but it's a slur, just like nigger or gook. In this case it refers to a disability, not race. Is it OK to call someone a quad? No. Same for 'retard'.

The relationship to slow is accurate (in french en retard means 'late'), but that's the point. Is that how you would want to be described if you had a disability like autism? Slow and stupid? I thought not. Slow is not accurate, it's demeaning, and it contributes to an attitude in our society that puts people down who are already dealing with plenty of issues.

So yes, it offends me, and I'd prefer if you thought about the effects of what you say, think and post, and kept your juvenile slurs out of this forum.

Superjudge 03-07-2008 12:54 PM

i wont call you a tool, or a goof, or anything anymore Bro, you have my word.

I'm still gonna steal your lunch money at Fuller this summer though...... BITCH!

:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24