Monday is Raptors day!! - Page 2
Old 05-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,574
Representing:
Default

What did they expect? 8:30 on a workday, ain't nobody go time for dat!
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,133
Representing:
Default








Last edited by jeffb; 05-12-2014 at 02:23 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,133
Representing:
Default

Wow! What a shit show!!


http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=361909
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
is in the cut

Senior Member
 
Stonezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,097
Representing:
Default

1st in the conference lol
Stonezz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,976
Representing:
Default

this guy is the worst speech giver i've ever heard.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,976
Representing:
Default

first in the conference. oiiiii
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,976
Representing:
Default

we;re a city of immigrants...

well that's controversial to say.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

oh man, if you can't even say where in the standings we finished then how can you praise the team in general. Casey and Vasquez didn't even know how to react to the 1st in their conference phrase. You can tell they saw some of the reactions of the fans below.

Vasquez also looked really bored. But I'm happy he was there. Gives me hope that not only does he want to come back, which we already know he does, but that the team wants him to be a part of "franchise events" meaning they think he belongs on this team too.

Would have been nice to see maybe a couple more of the players there so it looks like the team actually cares about today. Like if someone such as Amir and maybe JV showed up too.
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
Welcome to the Raptors forum Brathrax! You are correct! I am the type you hate.

Leaf fans are the dumbest most gullible fans on the planet. No one tries to figure out the formula that gets Leaf fans to pay 4 times league average for a consistently terrible product. AND the season seat holders HAVE to add on Raptor tickets to get the Leaf tickets. ANNND there is a line up of people willing to sever a limb to be one of those special people.

WHY?? They don't really know. The BLEED blue! "My Dad was a Leaf fan!" I've always loved the Leafs!!. You get all these cult like responses.

Trust me I have stuck out all my life. I am a white male that thinks the Leafs is the best con job ever to be pulled. I have gone into bars that have 40 TVs all turned to Leafs and I ask for one to be turned to the Raptors game and they look at me like I want to watch animal porn.

We are going to have a good time together here. Teasing Leaf fans is second only to routing for the Raptors.
bravo. this is the stupidest post i have read in a long time.
I haven't posted in a while and for the most part took a break from the forum, but then i caught this jem and it had me at a loss. Where to even start....

A while back we were talking about an argument on prime time sports in which Tim micallef was talking about how hockey support in this country is generational. It spans many decades and is very much part of the cultural identity of Canada and in our case Toronto. Yes people like the Leafs because their fathers (and/or mothers) liked the leafs and their parents liked the leafs and so on. support for a sports team that is generational can be a pretty big part of someone's personal identity. Like if you spent a lot of time with your dad watching said team, going to games and it brought you closer to your father - well that can't be understated and it's exactly why the Leafs are as important as they are. If you think that's not a good reason for someone to be a Leaf fan or a fan of any team, then you really have no clue.

As Raptor fans we should all hope that over time the basketball team can become part of the city's identity. that's the goal. So in a nutshell you are crapping on the Maple Leafs for the very thing we all hope happens to the Raptors down the line.

The fact that the Leafs haven't been good for long stretches is almost irrelevant here. you don't support a team because they are good... you support a team because they are your team. Everyone here pats themselves on their backs for saying the Raptors have this awesome fanbase and drew great attendance numbers when they were shitty up until just last year, yet you use that argument against Leaf fans. and of course i know you always bring up the cost of Leaf tickets. Well news flash for you most working class leaf fans (the ones that you seem to always go after) don't go to a lot of games. I have NEVER been to a game at the ACC. MLSE charges what they charge because they can. they also seem to carry this mindset over to the Raptors case in point when we had some of, if not thee most expensive playoff tickets in the league this year. That's MLSE for you. More business than sports.

I think another issue at play for you is your job. Every time i see you complain about leaf prices i think to myself how much you would love it if you could scalp your Raptors tickets for similar numbers. Every time you say something about this issue all that i can see is the huge chip on your shoulder and some completely clouded opinions. maybe you should start going to other bars, or stop going to bars all together.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,244
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
we;re a city of immigrants...

well that's controversial to say.
It might be, but it is what is giving the Raptor fire it's fuel. When I sell on Raptorman, I'd guess that over 80% are Asian or names with so many letters I cant pronounce them. It's the immigrants that are the major supporters of team at the moment. And I'd guess a large number of people on this site are second or first generation immigrants.

Unfortunately the city and businesses are mostly run by old white guys that have the Leaf mental block and cant see past it.

I was fortunate to teach a large number of immigrant children and learned, what you already know, that we are all same people trying to accomplish the same things. Give the old white boys a chance to embrace it as well. Don't always look at it as an insult, but just an observation.

Immigrants will be running this city soon. I taught a lot of fine intelligent people that we can only hope take a positive position of power in Toronto. Then you wont hear as many faux pas.
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
@ www.raptorman.ca

RF Affiliate

 
Raptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,244
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Raptorman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
bravo. this is the stupidest post i have read in a long time.
I haven't posted in a while and for the most part took a break from the forum, but then i caught this jem and it had me at a loss. Where to even start....

A while back we were talking about an argument on prime time sports in which Tim micallef was talking about how hockey support in this country is generational. It spans many decades and is very much part of the cultural identity of Canada and in our case Toronto. Yes people like the Leafs because their fathers (and/or mothers) liked the leafs and their parents liked the leafs and so on. support for a sports team that is generational can be a pretty big part of someone's personal identity. Like if you spent a lot of time with your dad watching said team, going to games and it brought you closer to your father - well that can't be understated and it's exactly why the Leafs are as important as they are. If you think that's not a good reason for someone to be a Leaf fan or a fan of any team, then you really have no clue.

As Raptor fans we should all hope that over time the basketball team can become part of the city's identity. that's the goal. So in a nutshell you are crapping on the Maple Leafs for the very thing we all hope happens to the Raptors down the line.

The fact that the Leafs haven't been good for long stretches is almost irrelevant here. you don't support a team because they are good... you support a team because they are your team. Everyone here pats themselves on their backs for saying the Raptors have this awesome fanbase and drew great attendance numbers when they were shitty up until just last year, yet you use that argument against Leaf fans. and of course i know you always bring up the cost of Leaf tickets. Well news flash for you most working class leaf fans (the ones that you seem to always go after) don't go to a lot of games. I have NEVER been to a game at the ACC. MLSE charges what they charge because they can. they also seem to carry this mindset over to the Raptors case in point when we had some of, if not thee most expensive playoff tickets in the league this year. That's MLSE for you. More business than sports.

I think another issue at play for you is your job. Every time i see you complain about leaf prices i think to myself how much you would love it if you could scalp your Raptors tickets for similar numbers. Every time you say something about this issue all that i can see is the huge chip on your shoulder and some completely clouded opinions. maybe you should start going to other bars, or stop going to bars all together.
For starters, Raptorman is not my job. It's very much a side job. When my accountant did the numbers last year he asked why I keep doing it. Really it's been far more work than the $$$ reward. Playoffs were good however.

And all your Leaf arguments just proved my point. Thanks. Selling out an arena for over 40 years for a sub par crappy team is not "support" . It's something else. And if anyone can figure out what it is, the other franchises in every major sport would like to know how it came to this.

And I was very close to my father. Even though I refused Leaf tickets when I was 15 y/o (1978) and let my brother go in my place.
Raptorman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #32 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,352
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
Welcome to the Raptors forum Brathrax! You are correct! I am the type you hate.

Leaf fans are the dumbest most gullible fans on the planet. No one tries to figure out the formula that gets Leaf fans to pay 4 times league average for a consistently terrible product. AND the season seat holders HAVE to add on Raptor tickets to get the Leaf tickets. ANNND there is a line up of people willing to sever a limb to be one of those special people.

WHY?? They don't really know. The BLEED blue! "My Dad was a Leaf fan!" I've always loved the Leafs!!. You get all these cult like responses.

Trust me I have stuck out all my life. I am a white male that thinks the Leafs is the best con job ever to be pulled. I have gone into bars that have 40 TVs all turned to Leafs and I ask for one to be turned to the Raptors game and they look at me like I want to watch animal porn.

We are going to have a good time together here. Teasing Leaf fans is second only to routing for the Raptors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
For starters, Raptorman is not my job. It's very much a side job. When my accountant did the numbers last year he asked why I keep doing it. Really it's been far more work than the $$$ reward. Playoffs were good however.

And all your Leaf arguments just proved my point. Thanks. Selling out an arena for over 40 years for a sub par crappy team is not "support" . It's something else. And if anyone can figure out what it is, the other franchises in every major sport would like to know how it came to this.

Even though I refused Leaf tickets when I was 15 y/o (1978) and let my brother go in my place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OdVYnnp0Uw
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #33 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post

And all your Leaf arguments just proved my point. Thanks. Selling out an arena for over 40 years for a sub par crappy team is not "support" . It's something else. And if anyone can figure out what it is, the other franchises in every major sport would like to know how it came to this.
what are you talking about? there are lots of sports team all over the world that are engrained in the cultures of their cities and are more than just regular 'franchises'. The Leafs and the Canadiens are those to the NHL. The Yankees, red sox, Cubs in baseball. The knicks, Celtics, Lakers in the NBA. and there are many soccer teams in Europe and other parts of the world to the point where they are more than just 'teams'.

If you see a leafs games now when they're the visiting teams, it's crazy how many leaf jerseys and how much leaf support you hear in some of these other arenas. They're almost not an away team on many nights where they play outside toronto. and if you think wins and losses has something to do with that then you're missing the point.

Last edited by fancylad; 05-13-2014 at 11:46 AM.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 346
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
we;re a city of immigrants...

well that's controversial to say.
That is far from controversial given Canada's multicultural makeup. What is controversial is saying that the orientals are sleeping out in the factories according to Robby
Wictory is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24