The message is not getting through.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 588
Representing:
Default The message is not getting through.

I don't see how JT can stay beyond this season. He cannot inspire effort. And just like he couldn't say anything to Bosh, he doesn't seem to be able to criticize Bargnani. How can any coach allow it?! Thibideau left out D Rose for the whole of 4th quater to make a point earlier in the season, the star of the team and an allstar!
Can you see JT doing the same to AB?
There's no continuity. If you let one player get away with murder how can you instil anything in the rest of the team?
All the talk about us running and playing fast, allowing Bosh to drag his feet and then stand and hog last season. Also all you've heard since JT is our head coach is defence! All you've seen is the lack there of.
Ok we're in transition, but can you honestly imagine us show commitment on a consistent basis under Triano in the future? Even with improved or better players? Unless everyone has got super mentality as Reggie I don't see it.
I've been supporting JT, cause all he says and his plans sound good, but his message is not strong enough to get through to players.
So we trade Bargnani, but then someone else will become complacent and JT is not gonna sort it, is he?
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR LETTERS.

Craig Ferguson
 
Premiere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,032
Representing:
Default

This team lacks talent.
Effort can only take you so far.
So I'm reserving judgment on JT.
This season panned out as well as it could be expected.
What I want to see from coach Triano and company is that players like Demar and Ed Davis are being developed. Rather than an emphasis on winning games, put stock in a brighter future down the road.

Last edited by Premiere; 03-13-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Premiere is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 588
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premiere View Post
Effort can only take you so far.
.
How far? We haven't had a chance to see that, but I believe further than half-hearted talent.
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
wanting harrison barnes

Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 480
Representing:
Default

triano is a terrible player management coach. he is also terrible at defense. he needs to go for sure.
komot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,895
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premiere View Post
This team lacks talent.
Effort can only take you so far.
So I'm reserving judgment on JT.
This season panned out as well as it could be expected.
And last season? We were one of top talented teams in the East and projected to finish 4th. We were 1 game out of a playoff spot because we under-achieved under Triano.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,356
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
And last season? We were one of top talented teams in the East and projected to finish 4th. We were 1 game out of a playoff spot because we under-achieved under Triano.
then again we had turk
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,475
Representing:
Default

the sooner triano gets fired the sooner people can bitch about the next coach.... who cares right now. If he's teaching the right things, which it sounds like he is, then no coach is going to get these guys to turn into a defensive dynasty over night.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
awesome

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 706
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
And last season? We were one of top talented teams in the East and projected to finish 4th. We were 1 game out of a playoff spot because we under-achieved under Triano.
We were in the 5th spot before boshgate.
RaptorsFan4Life is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
threat inside

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 588
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
If he's teaching the right things, which it sounds like he is, then no coach is going to get these guys to turn into a defensive dynasty over night.
He sounds like he is but he's not acting like he is. Which is louder?
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,895
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClutch View Post
then again we had turk
As much as I hate Turk, he was awsome under Van Gundy. He was motivated and got the ball as much as a PG does.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Pound the Rock
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,306
Representing:
Default

To be honest, there's something fishy about Turkoglu and that contract.

He was never inspired to play from the start. He skipped the entire training camp and most of the pre-season from "fatigue".

He probably pulled something similar in Phoenix. Team insiders said they wanted him gone in training camp. Is this Alvin Gentry's fault?

I don't think it's Triano's fault if a player will never listen to you. I think he got the contract value he wanted, and played his way back to Orlando.
js12 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,356
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
As much as I hate Turk, he was awsome under Van Gundy. He was motivated and got the ball as much as a PG does.
he was awesome under van gundy cause van gundy is a coach that doesnt play around. look how turk played under gentry and triano
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
thinkin of a master plan

Member
 
MISAM38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 408
Representing:
Default

Van Gundy's no bitch. He will tell off Turkoglu if he has too. But hes more use to the system Orlando runs than Toronto and Phoenix. Turkoglu is a playmaker, which is why Phoenix didnt need him because they had Steve Nash, and he wasnt used rite in toronto. Triano was giving him the role of a catch and shoot kinda guy, like VC. It worked for Orlando, because he could switch the ball back and forth from him to Lewis back in 2009, which is a huge reason why they beat the Cavs that year, because it was hard to defend Lewis and Turkoglu at the same time. Not to mention he was there for like5 years, and after only one season, ppl already complaining that his game is garbage. Triano is an awful coach, not cuz he cant teach defense, but because he cant use what he has, and what he does have he cant use in the rite way. If Turkoglu played the same role here like he did in Orlando, then him and Bosh would have been lethal. Toronto would defintely had made the playoffs, and we would have made some noise too.
MISAM38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,132
Representing:
Default

we may have been projected high last season but the effort was clearly not there last year

this year we have the effort and not the talent

and i still argue that if you need the coach to inspire you then you have a problem ourself
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pondering if these are BCs last days

Member
 
Joshz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 355
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by komot View Post
triano is a terrible player management coach. he is also terrible at defense. he needs to go for sure.
Triano doesn't play defense. The players are terrible at defense, Demar/Bargs may never be average defenders from what we've seen in their careers. Hopefully Demar can turn a corner, but it's not Triano's fault he isn't given talented defenders to run a good D system around. If you want to blame someone it's BC.
Joshz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
thinkin of a master plan

Member
 
MISAM38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 408
Representing:
Default

We were closin in on the 4th seed, and projected to have a 50+ win season. I dont understand how we could just crumble like that. Rite after the All Star break, ppl were showin no effort watsoever.
MISAM38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,132
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISAM38 View Post
We were closin in on the 4th seed, and projected to have a 50+ win season. I dont understand how we could just crumble like that. Rite after the All Star break, ppl were showin no effort watsoever.
you just answered it, we crumbled because nobody showed any effort and of course Bosh got hurt and then decided he was going to leave and already sent his effort to miami
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 492
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISAM38 View Post
Van Gundy's no bitch. He will tell off Turkoglu if he has too. But hes more use to the system Orlando runs than Toronto and Phoenix. Turkoglu is a playmaker, which is why Phoenix didnt need him because they had Steve Nash, and he wasnt used rite in toronto. Triano was giving him the role of a catch and shoot kinda guy, like VC. It worked for Orlando, because he could switch the ball back and forth from him to Lewis back in 2009, which is a huge reason why they beat the Cavs that year, because it was hard to defend Lewis and Turkoglu at the same time. Not to mention he was there for like5 years, and after only one season, ppl already complaining that his game is garbage. Triano is an awful coach, not cuz he cant teach defense, but because he cant use what he has, and what he does have he cant use in the rite way. If Turkoglu played the same role here like he did in Orlando, then him and Bosh would have been lethal. Toronto would defintely had made the playoffs, and we would have made some noise too.
Well, you had two guys in Calderon and Turk that NEEDED the ball to be effective. And I disagree Turk + Bosh would have been lethal, it would definitely cause match up problems on the offensive end, but the RAPS would still get torched on the defensive end like they did last season because there is no DWIGHT HOWARD on the RAPS roster to cover up the deficiencies.
SoGood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
the boss

Senior Member
 
DonMughal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,895
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClutch View Post
he was awesome under van gundy cause van gundy is a coach that doesnt play around. look how turk played under gentry and triano
That was my point. Triano and Van Gundy are on totally different levels. Van Gundy has achieved so much while Triano hasn't achieved anything other than being the first Canadian NBA head coach. He is new though, but I doubt someone like Triano will reach Van Gundy's accomplishments because Van Gundy can do stuff that Triano can't like get into a Turk's face.
DonMughal is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
thinkin of a master plan

Member
 
MISAM38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 408
Representing:
Default

Yeah i just dont understand how all of a sudden, they showed no effort. I mean we had a real chance to do somethin in the playoffs. To show the world that the Raptors were a good team. Bosh even said, that he left TO because he improved and worked hard, yet nothing happened. If we had maybe went into the 2nd round, i guarantee Bosh would have been on our roster this season.
MISAM38 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24