Matt Devlin Talks To Dino Nation Blog
Old 05-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Default Matt Devlin Talks To Dino Nation Blog

Hi all:

Here is part 2 of my talk with Matt Devlin. Part 1 was posted in the NBA Section but if you missed it there is a link to it in this post as well. In Part 2 it is all Raps as Matt talks about Triano, Bosh, The possible guys to play on Raps at wing? Jose playing for Spain again? and even some talk of Twitter as I ask if Matt has become party of the Twitter Nation

Dino Nation Blog: Matt Devlin Talking Raptors (Part 2 of 2)

By the way Dino Nation Blog is on Twitter if you did not know. Feel free to follow me at

Dino Blogger (dinonationblog) on Twitter

Thanks to all that check this out.
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
a dick

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,151
Representing:
Default

Devlin raised the point I've been making for a while, the new CBA negotiations looming is going to force Bosh to try to get something worked out one way or another.

EDIT: this summer or this coming season.

Last edited by Apollo; 05-24-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Apollo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,249
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
EDIT: this summer or this coming season.
I'm hoping the decision is made this summer because this is definitely something we don't want to start out with next season. No distractions please.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
How long are we stuck with this moron for? How long is Devlin's contract, does anyone know?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

it had to have been at least a 3 year contract
so he'll be hear for at least 2 more seasons
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO2988 View Post
it had to have been at least a 3 year contract
so he'll be hear for at least 2 more seasons
I just puked up my lunch.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,016
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

It's funny that we call Devlin a moron. If some members here were placed in the public eye, I wonder what we would end up calling them. The fact that some people can neither spell correctly or really comprehend what they're watching speaks volumes and really intrigues me as to what they would call themselves if they saw themselves on television.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,549
Representing:
Default

i'm guessing either 'moron', 'douche' or 'not worth the max'...
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
It's funny that we call Devlin a moron. If some members here were placed in the public eye, I wonder what we would end up calling them. The fact that some people can neither spell correctly or really comprehend what they're watching speaks volumes and really intrigues me as to what they would call themselves if they saw themselves on television.
The fact is we aren't on TV and i'm guessing there is a reason for that. Therefore we are spectators and we can like or dislike who we listen to during a sporting event. Just like Swirsky was judged harshly by many and the same way Jamie Campbell (Blue Jays) is talked about as a dick in this city. C'est la vie!
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,549
Representing:
Default

just for kicks, i searched the site for 'jeffb' and 'devlin'... it came back with 126 posts! the following are all from the first page (since feb) - that would be about 20% of the overall total...

can we agree that we get your point by now jeff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
How long are we stuck with this moron for? How long is Devlin's contract, does anyone know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Devlin is such a douche bag!

TNT should keep him for next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Swrisky over Devlin "all day long"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Snap crackle & Pops??

This is what came out of Devlin's mouth last night. Can he just get fired already, shit base on that alone.Please??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Boy, one of the upsides to the season ending is that i won't have to hear that loser for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Jamie Campbell/Matt Devlin, worst broadcaster in their respective sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Why, because i complained about Devlin like 80-90% of all Raptor fans. The guy is a first class turd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Another fucked up Devlinism?? What a turd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb
I've listened to him enough and heard about his back slapping loser ways to think he's a dick. Anyone who listens to him for more then 5 minutes could see what a moron he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Hahhhhhhhh! Devlin just said Vancouver Canooks?? What a douchbag!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Devlin is such a fuckin' douchbag! Unbeliveable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Ok with 20 games left, what's your honest evaluation of Matt Devlin. Plus does anyone know how long this douche is signed for. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
WTF did Devlin say just after the dunk? What a mush mouth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Devlin needs to really quit drinking the Double Doubles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Marion is falling asleep watching this from the bench?

Ohhhh god Devlin is getting excited.... "They can feel it" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Jack maybe, Devlin nobody listens to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Please, what are you smoking? Nobody liked him? I don't see Devlin selling out any T-Shirts. Swirsky had his distractors, certainly. But he was a hell of alot more interesting and popular then Devlin on his best day. Not that i know what qualifies as a good day for Devlin? I'd say a day without Fuck ups, but those are hard to find!

If i had to render a guess id say his approval ratings were at around 70%.
Devlin would lucky to get 30% imo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I've missed Chuck all season. And from day one i've said that Matt Devlin is an absolute joke. I don't think him leaving has been our downfall. But i'd enjoy us losing alot more with the Swirk calling the games, especially with Jack next to him.

BTW, how long has Devlin signed on for here? He's not even worth a double double from "Timmy Horton's" lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Devlin i gues had to stick his shnoz into the middle of this confrence!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Devlin is tacky, stupid and has no originality/imagination period!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Rockin' Roko??

Devlin sucks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He's so stupid.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

thats some great shit
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,593
Representing:
Default



That's awesome.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
That is awesome. And with him sticking around,there will be more to come.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB
 
Dino Blogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Just outside Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 565
Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger
Default

For what it is worth and I am sure I have said something along the same lines before. Matt has been nothing but kind and great to work with for me. I think the fact the TNT uses him in the playoffs speaks to the fact that he is good at what he does. Matt is never going to be Chuck Swirsky and if people are going to compare him to Chuck or were fans of Chuck they likely will never like the guy.

But in having dealt with both. I can say they are both good people that love their jobs and families and are good to the fans of the Toronto Raptors. In my opinon you can't ask for much more than that.
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Blogger View Post
For what it is worth and I am sure I have said something along the same lines before. Matt has been nothing but kind and great to work with for me. I think the fact the TNT uses him in the playoffs speaks to the fact that he is good at what he does. Matt is never going to be Chuck Swirsky and if people are going to compare him to Chuck or were fans of Chuck they likely will never like the guy.

But in having dealt with both. I can say they are both good people that love their jobs and families and are good to the fans of the Toronto Raptors. In my opinon you can't ask for much more than that.
The funny thing is, Matt Devlin was laughed at all season long by many people over and over again, but because i go overboard at times with how much i hate his call of Raptor games i get this. lol

Honestly though i could care less, in fact that's pretty light with reguards to what i've said about this douche bag. And i'll probably say much worse as time goes on.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,549
Representing:
Default

you should see posts 26-126...
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,824
Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
you should see posts 26-126...
Should i?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,016
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

So, I say, let's judge jeff in the same light. Hey, he's in the public eye of RF, I guess he's fair game.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,549
Representing:
Default

jeffb doesn't deserve the max!!!11!11!!11!!!11!!1!!11!!111
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,312
Representing:
Default

ppl here judge and disrespect others all the time, so i dont get the point??? jeff doesnt go on tv, devlin is a tool, flat out, i would school him in ball and ball knowledge, regardless of he is on tv or not, he looks and sounds like a guy that didnt even play or watch ball on a high school level, nevermind the pros, he just has an ok voice and went thru the right broadcasting schools etc to get the job, give me somebody that actually played and knows the game over this nerdy turd any day
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dino Nation Blog's Interview with Matt Devlin Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 2 06-27-2009 12:15 AM
Aaron Fearne Talks With Dino Nation Blog on Jawai and Mills Dino Blogger Toronto Raptors 2 02-05-2009 04:54 PM
Matt Devlin Visits Dino Nation Blog Dino Blogger Toronto Raptors 2 12-30-2008 03:51 PM
Dino Nation Interviews Matt Devlin Dr. J. Naismith Toronto Raptors 6 10-31-2008 01:56 PM
Matt Devlin Talks To Dino Nation Blog Dino Blogger Toronto Raptors 6 09-12-2008 09:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24