Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   The Matrix... (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/matrix-2624.html)

ejfron 07-12-2008 04:31 PM

The Matrix...
 
Shawn Marion in a Raptors uniform would have been a good option!

Quote:

Toronto pursued Marion before the draft, but the Heat declined a package including T.J. Ford
Source

Dr. J. Naismith 07-12-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejfron (Post 43209)
Shawn Marion in a Raptors uniform would have been a good option!



Source

Yeah, but he's too high maintenance and after what I read and heard of his time in Phoenix, isn't a team player. All about himself and how much money he can make. Not the type of player we need. A healthy O'Neal is a better fit for this team than Marion would be anyways. :)

ejfron 07-12-2008 05:16 PM

Agreed - JO is the better option... but a slasher like Marion couldn't hurt if we had not gotten JO :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith (Post 43212)
Yeah, but he's too high maintenance and after what I read and heard of his time in Phoenix, isn't a team player. All about himself and how much money he can make. Not the type of player we need. A healthy O'Neal is a better fit for this team than Marion would be anyways. :)


Apollo 07-12-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejfron (Post 43209)
Shawn Marion in a Raptors uniform would have been a good option!



Source

Rasho would have had to been included and so they wouldn't have a true starting center. The option they went with was the best option available.

jeffb 07-12-2008 05:24 PM

He would have worked well with Bosh,Calderon.Too bad we don't have enough to get him now.

What a Four headed Monster Bosh/JO/Marion/Calderon would be?

ejfron 07-12-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 43221)
Rasho would have had to been included and so they wouldn't have a true starting center. The option they went with was the best option available.

Only Colangelo knows who would have been thrown in... good thing for us Miami declined ;)

Miniwheats 07-12-2008 05:32 PM

i would like but the reason shawn left phoinex was because he wasn't getting the star treatment because he was playing with nash and amare. wouldn't it almost be the same playing with CB4 JO and caldaron????

Apollo 07-12-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejfron (Post 43223)
Only Colangelo knows who would have been thrown in... good thing for us Miami declined ;)

I think he pretty much would have to be included. Rasho was the biggest expiring contract on the club and the Heat need a center. TJ is only making $8.5M, compared to Marion at like $15M. Rasho's contract would be the easiest route to make the cap numbers work.

We know for certain the Heat wouldn't want Kapono as they were rumored to have offered him $3M/yr the year he jumped ship to the Raptors; they wanted no part of $6M/yr.

I would hope that Parker would have been left out.

ejfron 07-12-2008 05:43 PM

That's right... makes sense!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 43226)
I think he pretty much would have to be included. Rasho was the biggest expiring contract on the club and the Heat need a center. TJ is only making $8.5M, compared to Marion at like $15M. Rasho's contract would be the easiest route to make the cap numbers work.


Major 07-12-2008 10:14 PM

I'd rather have JO than Marion.

LX 07-13-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 43258)
I'd rather have JO than Marion.

Absolutely. There's no comparing a guy that wants to be judged on W's and L's alone, who doesn't need to be an AS, and who is ready to make sacrifices, vs. a guy that needs to be seen as the best player on the team at the team's expense.

jeffb 07-13-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 43258)
I'd rather have JO than Marion.

I'd rather have both! I'm greedy that way.:devil:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24