Marc Stein's Weekend Dime: Bosh Clutch?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,599
Representing:
Arrow Marc Stein's Weekend Dime: Bosh Clutch?

Quote:
Chris Bosh's name is rarely nominated when the subject of clutch players is broached, but the numbers suggest he's being overlooked. Bosh's game-winning bucket Wednesday against Atlanta with 2.1 seconds remaining pushed him to 4-for-4 shooting this season in the final 24 seconds of one-possession games.
LINK- ESPN.com
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,774
Representing:
Default

whhhoooooaaaaa now whooaa whooaa whoa now whoa
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Stats. 60% of the time they work every time!
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
KABOOOOOOOSHHHH

straight out of COMPTON
 
CB4Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,284
Representing:
Default

no shit
CB4Real is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,625
Representing:
Default

I have yet to reach the point where I'm confident with the ball in Bosh's hands at the end of a game, whether the stats say I should be or not. I'm not saying I can't get there, just that I haven't yet. I didn't particularly like the shot he took against Atlanta, especially considering his percentages for the night, but he came through so no complaints from me.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,220
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
I have yet to reach the point where I'm confident with the ball in Bosh's hands at the end of a game, whether the stats say I should be or not. I'm not saying I can't get there, just that I haven't yet. I didn't particularly like the shot he took against Atlanta, especially considering his percentages for the night, but he came through so no complaints from me.
Well it's only 4 times. I could live with that.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
ballin'

Senior Member
 
Abdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
Representing:
Default

that atlanta game winner was crazy. I mean with 16 seconds left and you have the slower Horford on you with ALL OF THE LEFT SIDE OF THE COURT for your use i would think Bosh would get a closer look at the rim.

he did make it a high % shot by losing the defender with the dribble, but honesty the only guy in the league i want taking a fade away with 2.1 seconds remaining while having the whole left side of the court isolated for you is KOBE BRYANT.
Abdiesel is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,625
Representing:
Default

Yeah, and that lack of confidence extends to most of the guys on this team for me. We don't really have a go-to guy in the clutch at this point. I'd like to think Bosh can get there but until there's extended, consistent success with the ball in his hands I won't jump on that bandwagon.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
.

Member
 
TOAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Markham
Posts: 370
Representing:
Default

he is very clutch..
remember those 2 threes he made last year, also the one in LA this year? the dude so concentrated and calm enough to make shots even outside of his normal range.
im glad hedo didnt take the last shot against atlanta
TOAO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

all I know is I want Bosh taking the last shot instead of Hedo right now
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
is dead inside

you ain't bout that life
 
Gurk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,045
Representing:
Default

^^^

Amen. Hedo hasn't done so well in the clutch this year. I still don't trust Bosh in the clutch but it is working I guess
Gurk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Senior Member
 
TORaptor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,353
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
Yeah, and that lack of confidence extends to most of the guys on this team for me. We don't really have a go-to guy in the clutch at this point. I'd like to think Bosh can get there but until there's extended, consistent success with the ball in his hands I won't jump on that bandwagon.
Kobe's hit 6 gamewinners this year.

Bosh has hit four.

That isn't good enough for you?

Bosh was ALWAYS capable of getting a good shot off when iso'd. The problem was that teams used to load up on him because the rest of our team was crap and couldn't make shots.

Now that we have some threats on the floor to hit the open jumper (Bargs, Hedo) they can't cheat as easily.

I WANT the ball in Bosh's hands with 10 secs left in a tie game.... because 98% of the time he'll have the advantage over his defender.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
cool

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 819
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Bosh has hit four.
What other game winner has Bosh made? all i can remember is

Sixers, 3-point play
Hawks, jumpshot
?? Wizards from last season but still counts this year because it was made in april, 3pointer ??

What else?
neojiphre is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
highonpsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,011
Representing:
Default

Bosh shot 5-18 making the game a lot closer then it should have been. No starting PF should shoot 5-18.
highonpsi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,220
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highonpsi View Post
Bosh shot 5-18 making the game a lot closer then it should have been. No starting PF should shoot 5-18.
No but every one of them does once in awhile.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,220
Representing:
Default

Jack, "get Bargs-Bosh the ball"


Kinda difficult Jack when Bargs sits for 7+ minutes.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 73,220
Representing:
Default

GET WEEMS OFF THE FUCKIN' FLOOR!!
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
is on that grind

Senior Member
 
jumplvlan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdiesel View Post
that atlanta game winner was crazy. I mean with 16 seconds left and you have the slower Horford on you with ALL OF THE LEFT SIDE OF THE COURT for your use i would think Bosh would get a closer look at the rim.

he did make it a high % shot by losing the defender with the dribble, but honesty the only guy in the league i want taking a fade away with 2.1 seconds remaining while having the whole left side of the court isolated for you is KOBE BRYANT.
Are you serious?
Some of you are so hard to please.
jumplvlan23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
ballin'

Senior Member
 
Abdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumplvlan23 View Post
Are you serious?
Some of you are so hard to please.
you want to elaborate?

im glad he made the shot, but i think with an ISO perfectly worked out, leaving the whole half of the court to Bosh and horford, he should have drove.....is that wrong of me to say?
Abdiesel is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,625
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Kobe's hit 6 gamewinners this year.

Bosh has hit four.

That isn't good enough for you?

Bosh was ALWAYS capable of getting a good shot off when iso'd. The problem was that teams used to load up on him because the rest of our team was crap and couldn't make shots.

Now that we have some threats on the floor to hit the open jumper (Bargs, Hedo) they can't cheat as easily.

I WANT the ball in Bosh's hands with 10 secs left in a tie game.... because 98% of the time he'll have the advantage over his defender.
haha. I had to figure you'd be the one to jump in and fight me on this.

He hasn't hit four game winners, and comparing him to Kobe is nonsense. He's been a disaster in fourth quarters for the majority of his career. I'm talking turnovers, settling for the jumper, missing shots he usually makes, the whole shibang. Going 4-4 in the last 24 seconds for one season isn't going to change my opinion as much as you may want it to, guy.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24