Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Lowry #? in Raptors all time PG list (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/lowry-raptors-all-time-pg-list-26281.html)

just4_raps 01-02-2014 09:05 PM

Lowry #? in Raptors all time PG list
 
Where would you rank Lowry in a list of the greatest point guards in Raptors franchise history?

I'd put him as our 3rd best PG (behind Damon and Alvin) in terms of talent alone.

Maybe put down your own top 10 or top 5 list.

jeffb 01-02-2014 09:14 PM

I said he was 3rd a year ago and that stands.

Damon
Alvin
Klow
Ford
Jack

:mu:

creative1mm 01-02-2014 09:15 PM

Are we sure he isn't at one already.. guy passes, scores.. rebounds, defends and brings leadership and toughness

Ford brought that.. but Ford was undersized, Calderon was a pure pg but lacked defence.. Damon had mad talent but left so fast so Lowry is up there

just4_raps 01-02-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 849533)
I said he was 3rd a year ago and that stands.

Damon
Alvin
Klow
Ford
Jack

:mu:

Caldy is #6 in jeff's list, but #1 in raptor123's :giggity:

that dude would still probably put lowry at the bottom of this list. he really hated lowry.

pzabby 01-02-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 849533)
I said he was 3rd a year ago and that stands.

Damon
Alvin
Klow
Ford
Jack

:mu:

jose was better than jack. fifth.

MikeToronto 01-02-2014 10:47 PM

The way he's played in December - the best two-way PG we've ever had. Period.

Alvin has never been an offensive point guard. Damon has never defended at Lowry's level, and neither has Calderon. I have no clue what Ford and Jack are doing in this conversation.

If he can sustain this level of play for the rest of the season (assuming he finishes this season in Toronto), he'd be top 5 in the league and most definitely the best in our club's history.

fancylad 01-02-2014 11:00 PM

he's been great, but for such a small sample size.

As much as some of you don't wat to believe it Jose is up there in the top 3. Damon, Alvin Williams and Jose. If Lowry can play at this level or close to this for the season then he can join the group and surpass some names.

fancylad 01-02-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 849539)
jose was better than jack. fifth.

Jose was better than both Jack and Ford.

JoeyJoJo Shabbadu 01-02-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 849547)
The way he's played in December - the best two-way PG we've ever had. Period.

Alvin has never been an offensive point guard. Damon has never defended at Lowry's level, and neither has Calderon. I have no clue what Ford and Jack are doing in this conversation.

If he can sustain this level of play for the rest of the season (assuming he finishes this season in Toronto), he'd be top 5 in the league and most definitely the best in our club's history.

Truly this. He has played so differently I could put him 1st or 4th. End of the season would be a better time.

jeffb 01-02-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 849552)
Jose was better than both Jack and Ford.

I disagree, especially about Jack. He outplayed Calderon the only season he was here. In fact, he was our second best player in the 2009-10 season behind Bosh imo.

bjjs 01-02-2014 11:07 PM

I would put him 4th behind stoudamire, boogie and Jose. He needs to play more games as a Raptor. If he never played another game, and we had this discussion 5 years from now, Lowry would not be in the discussion.

bjjs 01-02-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 849555)
I disagree, especially about Jack. He outplayed Calderon the only season he was here. In fact, he was our second best player in the 2009-10 season behind Bosh imo.

Outplayed Calderon? Every other day there were stories about "the point guard controversy".

jeffb 01-02-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 849557)
Outplayed Calderon? Every other day there were stories about "the point guard controversy".


Almost every year JC was here there was a PG contreversy. The media loved to bring that up.

First 6 weeks of the season with Calderon starting we were in 10th place. Calderon goes down to an injury, Jack starts the next 3 months and we go to the 5th spot in the EC just behind Boston. Then Bosh goes down to injury and the season goes to shit. Jose goes back as the starter and we continue to struggle and miss the playoffs.

After the season, we attempted to trade Calderon (not Jack) and MJ pulled out at the last minute. We then couldn't find a taker for Calderon as he was considered injury prone and still had a lot of money owed to him. A month into the following season Jack was traded after a slow start and because he was the easier one to move.

Still say that for the ONE season he played here he was the better PG at both ends. Nobody will convince me otherwise. Prior to that season i was more of a Calderon fan even though he seemed to always be injured. After that season i much prefered Jack and i was off the Calderon bandwagon, wanted him gone as he was again injured.

The Diamond Scorpion 01-02-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 849552)
Jose was better than both Jack and Ford.

Ford yes, Jack no, and I'm a Calderon fan. I can say 100% that when Jack played here he played better than Calderon.

pzabby 01-02-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 849552)
Jose was better than both Jack and Ford.

Ford was better pre inury

jeffb 01-02-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzabby (Post 849568)
Ford was better pre inury

This.

bjjs 01-02-2014 11:29 PM

but Ford did get injured, and Jack got traded...so if they did outplay Jose for a portion of a season, that's awesome, but Jose had a far better career as a Toronto Raptor. Not even close.

Jose's Raptor ranks - he's an all-time Raptor great.

1st all-time in assists by almost 2,000
2nd all-time in games played
5th all-time in steals
5th all-time in field goals made
4th all-time in 3pt fg made
9th all-time in ft made & attempted
8th all-time in defensive rebounds
6th all-time in points

jeffb 01-02-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 849572)
but Ford did get injured, and Jack got traded BECAUSE we couldn't trade Calderon...

fixed

And i don't give a fuck, JC is 6th on my list

Carlos Danger 01-02-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 849572)
but Ford did get injured, and Jack got traded...so if they did outplay Jose for a portion of a season, that's awesome, but Jose had a far better career as a Toronto Raptor. Not even close.

Jose's Raptor ranks - he's an all-time Raptor great.

1st all-time in assists by almost 2,000
2nd all-time in games played
5th all-time in steals
5th all-time in field goals made
4th all-time in 3pt fg made
9th all-time in ft made & attempted
8th all-time in defensive rebounds
6th all-time in points

Jose played over 500 games for this team. Almost 1/3 of the total games played by this organization period. The assist record is mighty impressive though.

Speaking of assists and team leaders, Lowry needs 28 assists to bump Oakley off of the number 10 spot on the Raps all time list!

Ball Don't Lie 01-02-2014 11:59 PM

Ford was a near allstar before Horford got a hold of him. He was better than Jose before that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24