Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Lou Williams (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/lou-williams-23350.html)

XsnOs 07-06-2012 11:53 PM

Lou Williams
 
Just a thought, would it be a good idea if BC tries to sign williams? if BC has something else in mind for caldy i think williams would be a good option as our 2nd pg.What do u guys think?

jeffb 07-06-2012 11:55 PM

I have a feeling he'll end up in Houston, they need two PG's. Him and Brooks is what they'll end up with imo.

Kirby 07-06-2012 11:55 PM

lol... do you know about our guard situation right now?
even if Caldy was gone, hell no.
also, Lou is a horrible player

J-Bo 07-06-2012 11:56 PM

I watched him play in the playoffs...dude takes the dumbest shots ever (pull up 3s a few feet behind 3pt line with 21secs on shot clock)

XsnOs 07-06-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 667338)
lol... do you know about our guard situation right now?
even if Caldy was gone, hell no.
also, Lou is a horrible player

horrible? just excatly where do we stand on our pg situation? we have lowry and caldy who might be traded so what is our pg situation?

Admiral 07-07-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XsnOs (Post 667341)
horrible? just excatly where do we stand on our pg situation? we have lowry and caldy who might be traded so what is our pg situation?

dude is not a PG, he may be the size of a PG but he clearly doesn't play PG

Kirby 07-07-2012 12:58 AM

... our point guard situation is that we have Lowry and Calderon. :cookie:

rapsmannn 07-07-2012 04:35 AM

hopefully calderon will get moved, it would be a shame to let that contract expire

Bankiz 07-07-2012 04:55 AM

yesterday when i learn he would not sign with sixer, i ws thinking the same.
but i remember that he is the one iguy scream in his team about defense. he don't defend. in fact he don't try.

so no...

DDUnreal 07-07-2012 04:05 PM

Lou is the prototypical Me first player. Only aims to score doesn't play D. And yea he's definitely not a point guard.

bjjs 07-07-2012 04:57 PM

Holy Jebus - can people please try to balance their opinions on players. Lou Williams is definitely not horrible, or anywhere close to what some people are saying on here.

Solid young scorer. He could easily be the Jason Terry on a championship team 5 years from now.

Shot makers can be hard to come by, and that's exactly what Lou Williams is. When teams have put Philli on lock down it often came down to Lou to hit a few difficult shots to keep his team afloat during a drought. That is invaluable to have off the bench.

Kirby 07-07-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 667519)
Holy Jebus - can people please try to balance their opinions on players. Lou Williams is definitely not horrible, or anywhere close to what some people are saying on here.

Solid young scorer. He could easily be the Jason Terry on a championship team 5 years from now.

Shot makers can be hard to come by, and that's exactly what Lou Williams is. When teams have put Philli on lock down it often came down to Lou to hit a few difficult shots to keep his team afloat during a drought. That is invaluable to have off the bench.

he can't play defense, he's very small, and shoots literally 40%. he is not good.

bjjs 07-07-2012 09:41 PM

He can play defense. How small is to small. There have been a lot of small players in the league. Some very good, some hof good.
What is good? 50%. Is that the measuring stick?

TORaptor4Ever 07-07-2012 09:43 PM

I agree with bjjs' Jason Terry comparison. Some of you guys are being way too hard on Lou. He's a good scorer and he's lightning-quick.

Kirby 07-07-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 667577)
He can play defense. How small is to small. There have been a lot of small players in the league. Some very good, some hof good.
What is good? 50%. Is that the measuring stick?

what defense? the same "defense" that was called out by Iguodala?
Quote:

“It makes no sense to me why so many good scorers can’t defend,” Iguodala says. “Like Lou Williams. He’s one of the toughest guys to guard in the league, but he can’t guard anybody. I don’t get that.”
6 foot 1 point guard who plays like a shooting guard is a horrible height to be at. Please don't compare a 40% shooter to hall of fame players. There is no measuring stick, but if you're content with 40% shooting then... :cookie:

bjjs 07-07-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 667580)
what defense? the same "defense" that was called out by Iguodala?
6 foot 1 point guard who plays like a shooting guard is a horrible height to be at. Please don't compare a 40% shooter to hall of fame players. There is no measuring stick, but if you're content with 40% shooting then... :cookie:

So if Kobe Bryant, and Lou Williams take 100 shots and Kobe makes 4 more than Lou does - that's the difference between Hall of Fame and Horrible?


If 41% is so bad why did his teammates keep passing him the ball to shoot it. He's 25 years old and has scored 10+ 5 years in a row...horrible? Huge exaggerations. A horrible height to be at...wtf are you talking about. Tell that to Jason Terry. Allen Iverson. etc. etc. etc.

Andre called him a good scorer....is he wrong?

DDUnreal 07-07-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjjs (Post 667593)
So if Kobe Bryant, and Lou Williams take 100 shots and Kobe makes 4 more than Lou does - that's the difference between Hall of Fame and Horrible?


If 41% is so bad why did his teammates keep passing him the ball to shoot it. He's 25 years old and has scored 10+ 5 years in a row...horrible? Huge exaggerations. A horrible height to be at...wtf are you talking about. Tell that to Jason Terry. Allen Iverson. etc. etc. etc.

Andre called him a good scorer....is he wrong?

fanboy detected

Dark Knight 07-07-2012 10:49 PM

Good scorer, but not a good fit for the Raptors in particle. No room for him and doesn't fit in with the 'culture'.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! 07-08-2012 02:08 AM

Would cost too much for the raps, I've always felt that the best backup PG is the one like Jose. doesn't mess up or turn the ball over, knows how to run a team + get people involved in the game, does simple things.

eazy187 07-08-2012 02:19 AM

Why would a low scoring team like the Raptors need a scorer like Lou Williams. Offense off the bench is so overrated. That's why Barbosa was so unpopular here.

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24