Lots to like about Valanciunas - Page 2
Old 07-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,578
Representing:
Default

Thanks for pointing that out DanH.

I think Lithuania can advance out of 1st round. They looked strong in FIBA competition although they were missing Kleiza who was their star player. Italy has a good team, and I don't think Dirk is playing for Germany (correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not 100% sure). I think Italy has a good shot of getting into second round with Bargnani and Gallonari carrying the team.
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

I think Dirk play. But Italy should beat them. Germany always play better than their squad is, opposite to Italy, but it can't be like this all the time. No matter what NBA finals MVP playing for your team, when your second best player is Jan Jagla...
My group A/B prediction :

group A

1. Spain
2. Lithuania
3. Turkey
4. Great Britain
5. Poland
6. A/2 Q

Group B

1. France
2. Serbia
3. Italy
4. Germany
5. Israel
6. Latvia

Lithuania, Spain, Turkey, France and Serbia are locks. Italy should be that 6th. team.
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
happy

Member
 
Akerlyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 399
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Akerlyn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out DanH.

I think Lithuania can advance out of 1st round. They looked strong in FIBA competition although they were missing Kleiza who was their star player. Italy has a good team, and I don't think Dirk is playing for Germany (correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not 100% sure). I think Italy has a good shot of getting into second round with Bargnani and Gallonari carrying the team.
Dirk don't know is he help team in EuroBasket. Italy is weak team, because there good NBA players but no team work, so Lithuania without NBA players can beat Italy easily.


Sorry for bad english. I hope you understand me.
Akerlyn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,771
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valanciunas View Post
Dirk don't know is he help team in EuroBasket. Italy is weak team, because there good NBA players but no team work, so Lithuania without NBA players can beat Italy easily.


Sorry for bad english. I hope you understand me.
Yeah, we all expect Lithuania would beat Italy - it is whether they get a chance to play each other we are interested in.
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
a baller

Senior Member
 
bjjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,734
Representing:
Default

Italy has always struggled in the Bargnani era. They'll have to be at their best just to beat Latvia and Israel.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
happy

Member
 
Akerlyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 399
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Akerlyn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Yeah, we all expect Lithuania would beat Italy - it is whether they get a chance to play each other we are interested in.
There chance to play against Italy. If Lithuania will be first, Italy third in group.
Akerlyn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #27 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Senior Member

 
DanH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 4,771
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valanciunas View Post
There chance to play against Italy. If Lithuania will be first, Italy third in group.
Yes, I know - did you read my earlier post?
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,784
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
Italy has always struggled in the Bargnani era. They'll have to be at their best just to beat Latvia and Israel.
If he is your 2nd or 3rd best player on your team, you are going to struggle. Can you imagine if he is your best player on your team?
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
If he is your 2nd or 3rd best player on your team, you are going to struggle. Can you imagine if he is your best player on your team?
Raptors


Beli is the #1 option on Italy from games I saw last summer
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
far away

Senior Member
 
archie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Panama City
Posts: 981
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Raptors


Beli is the #1 option on Italy from games I saw last summer
Not completely correct, but quite. But this summer Gallinari will join the team for the first time and could became the first option
archie63 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
happy

Member
 
Akerlyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 399
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Akerlyn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
Yes, I know - did you read my earlier post?
I don't, sorry.
Akerlyn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie63 View Post
Not completely correct, but quite. But this summer Gallinari will join the team for the first time and could became the first option
Marco handled the ball a lot when i saw the games... more than I'm used to in the NBA
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #33 (permalink)
far away

Senior Member
 
archie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Panama City
Posts: 981
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
Marco handled the ball a lot when i saw the games... more than I'm used to in the NBA
That's true but in some games when Bargs take over the game Beli was 2nd options.
archie63 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Italy should be better than they are.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Des
is pounding the rock!

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 46
Representing:
Default

LT team (men) coach Kemzura says kind of: "I would like too see Jonas in our national team, but... young guys have a lot to prove... there is a huge difference between youth and men competitions". It seems that it is a big question (about Jonas) despite glorious performance in U19.
Des is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #36 (permalink)
Kino and Live

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 34
Representing:
Default

Dirk has said already that he will play for Germany. But him alone can't win the eurobasket, just some games
KinoLive is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #37 (permalink)
#NorthernUprising

Next year...
 
js12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: T.O.
Posts: 5,578
Representing:
Default

Ok never mind looks like Dirk is playing. I thought he wasn't because after the Finals I remember him saying he just wanted to rest in the offseason.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki made his most definitive statement to date, saying that it looks as though he will play for the German national team in next month's Olympic qualifying tournament in Lithuania.

"It looks that way, assuming that I finally get healthy," Nowitzki said in an interview published Tuesday by the German website Spiegel Online International (Spiegel.de/international). "I have been carrying a flu bug around with me for four weeks. It makes no sense to play in the European championships if I am only halfway healthy; neither for me nor for my teammates."
Dirk Nowitzki to play for German national team if healthy - ESPN Dallas
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #38 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,724
Representing:
Default

i wonder if he'd play if there weren't a lockout.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

maybe that means Nash can play... if Canada is indeed playing this summer
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
216 :}

Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 574
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
maybe that means Nash can play... if Canada is indeed playing this summer
What tournament? Is there a North American one this summer?
6cubed is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24