#LetRossChuck
Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
hola if u hear me

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 24
Representing:
Default #LetRossChuck

A few facts:
- Anderson is averaging 11 points in 24 minutes... BUTTTT
- Anderson also averages over 10 shots per game in less than 24 minutes
- He makes, on average, less than 40 percent of these shots.
- He is not a part of the future, at all.
- He is more experienced than Ross and gives us a better chance of winning right now...But, what does it matter? We are not going to the damn playoffs!
-So, logically, Anderson should be benched, and his 10 shots should be given tooooooo our 8th overall pickk..

#LetRossChuck.
Kano is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
waiting for Val to get 15 touches

Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 44
Representing:
Default

Casey's lack of rookie development, really worries me. He is playing Anderson and Gray when Ross and Val need to be playing. Those two players development will be the determining factor of our future. Casey's lack of trust in them shows he is more suited to be a veteran team coach, not a developing team coach.
KyleB is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

I almost wish we had D'antoni here with how disgusting our offensive flow is.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

Gay had 17 points on 26 shots...
Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 4,656
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
I almost wish we had D'antoni here with how disgusting our offensive flow is.
Yes, cause LA's offense is really flowing.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 27,539
Representing:
Default

Is it really about trust? I think it's about a process whereby he knows what he's going to get on both ends, and whereby the young players know they need to get to another level, r in other words, develop. There is absolutely nothing terrible about the process that Valančiūnas is going through. I'd say he looks to be on a path to have a big impact next season. It might be more fun for us to see him make that impact on the odd night right now, but a steady progression might be better than struggling to be consistent.

Ross might just need a lot of work in the offseason. He couldn't hold his dunking trophy for more than two minutes. It's possible that he needs to get a fair bit more upper body strength before he can even get a decent feel for his shot. It's really important for him to get a reliable shot and ability to stay in front of people for next season. There's not much point in him taking Anderson's minutes just for the sake of being out there. Anderson does not set that high of a bar, but Ross has not shown that he's able to clear it. So unfortunately, he's farther back in the process. He's going to need a lot of work in the offseason.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,877
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Is it really about trust? I think it's about a process whereby he knows what he's going to get on both ends, and whereby the young players know they need to get to another level, r in other words, develop. There is absolutely nothing terrible about the process that Valančiūnas is going through. I'd say he looks to be on a path to have a big impact next season. It might be more fun for us to see him make that impact on the odd night right now, but a steady progression might be better than struggling to be consistent.

Ross might just need a lot of work in the offseason. He couldn't hold his dunking trophy for more than two minutes. It's possible that he needs to get a fair bit more upper body strength before he can even get a decent feel for his shot. It's really important for him to get a reliable shot and ability to stay in front of people for next season. There's not much point in him taking Anderson's minutes just for the sake of being out there. Anderson does not set that high of a bar, but Ross has not shown that he's able to clear it. So unfortunately, he's farther back in the process. He's going to need a lot of work in the offseason.

agreed. hopefully he spends a lot of time with demar. if ross can get even half of demar's work ethic we'll have a good to great player on our hands with the tools he has
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,485
Representing:
Default

If Ross can not lose focus on D like Demar does, I don't see why he won't develop into a very nice two-way player. His ability to stretch the floor consistently will come.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,395
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
If Ross can not lose focus on D like Demar does, I don't see why he won't develop into a very nice two-way player. His ability to stretch the floor consistently will come.
Ross clearly has shooting range with respect to an effortless release ... this doesn't mean he is a good shooter ... frankly he is a poor shooter at this point.
What scares me about Ross is that he shows very little maturity (I know he is a kid and at least he isn't a punk) .. I've never heard any comment about him being a gym rat ... working hard on his game. I've watched him a few times this year at the ACC, and basically he fools around in pre-game warm-ups. I know this doesn't mean much, but would love to see him being more serious. He needs a veteran mentor bad ...
Hope he is living and breathing BB ... with a proper head on his shoulder and effort, his upside is far higher than DD. I hope he isn't another Bargs ... inconsistent and his own worst enemy
Carlito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself
 
KoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yes
Posts: 3,600
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Ross clearly has shooting range with respect to an effortless release ... this doesn't mean he is a good shooter ... frankly he is a poor shooter at this point.
What scares me about Ross is that he shows very little maturity (I know he is a kid and at least he isn't a punk) .. I've never heard any comment about him being a gym rat ... working hard on his game. I've watched him a few times this year at the ACC, and basically he fools around in pre-game warm-ups. I know this doesn't mean much, but would love to see him being more serious. He needs a veteran mentor bad ...
Hope he is living and breathing BB ... with a proper head on his shoulder and effort, his upside is far higher than DD. I hope he isn't another Bargs ... inconsistent and his own worst enemy
DD fucks around in pre-game shootaround too, that doesn't make him any less mature.
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
not Drake, that's for sure

Kleiza's agent
 
Zalgiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,126
Representing:
Default

I just want to remind you that JV has won more than anyone else on this team and he did it even prior his 20th birthday. He played more finals than any other guy in this team. He won most of those finals. He's not some random rookie from american highschool or university, he's a guy who used to lead his teams. How can you not play someone like him late in the game, I have no understanding. He's one of the best options at center position to play in game deciding minutes already, in his rookie season, because of his FT shooting and experience in important games. Right, lets not play him in 4th quarter for entire year, lets make him forget how to play late in the game, lets ruin his brilliant clutchy mindset, because "he's too good mentally for a rookie" and Raptors "coach" doesn't know how to handle such force.
Fuck you, DC, or whoever is hating this team so much
Zalgiris is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,395
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
DD fucks around in pre-game shootaround too, that doesn't make him any less mature.
DD is a gym rat.. Thats why I asked if anyone has heard anything about Ross ...
Carlito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
waiting for next season

Senior Member
 
fantapoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 634
Representing:
Default

Every game from now until end of season should be focused on team development.
Either building team chemistry or developing young players.

Ross needs to work his ass off every minute of playing time he gets, because casey is not lenient on giving rookies minutes.
Theres no excuse in not playing ross unless you dont plan to keep him next year.
But He needs to put it on himself to improve every day until his number is called
fantapoppa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
NLZ
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
NLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 191
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Ross clearly has shooting range with respect to an effortless release ... this doesn't mean he is a good shooter ... frankly he is a poor shooter at this point.
What scares me about Ross is that he shows very little maturity (I know he is a kid and at least he isn't a punk) .. I've never heard any comment about him being a gym rat ... working hard on his game. I've watched him a few times this year at the ACC, and basically he fools around in pre-game warm-ups. I know this doesn't mean much, but would love to see him being more serious. He needs a veteran mentor bad ...
Hope he is living and breathing BB ... with a proper head on his shoulder and effort, his upside is far higher than DD. I hope he isn't another Bargs ... inconsistent and his own worst enemy
How is his upside higher than DeRozan's? Did you not see the shots DeRozan was making versus the Lakers? They were Kobe-esque (even he was impressed and complimentary of DeRozan's skillset). DeRozan is only one year older than Ross if we're talking about age = potential..
NLZ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

Perhaps he will spend the off season working on a few new Dunks
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,345
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Is it really about trust? I think it's about a process whereby he knows what he's going to get on both ends, and whereby the young players know they need to get to another level, r in other words, develop. There is absolutely nothing terrible about the process that Valančiūnas is going through. I'd say he looks to be on a path to have a big impact next season. It might be more fun for us to see him make that impact on the odd night right now, but a steady progression might be better than struggling to be consistent.

Ross might just need a lot of work in the offseason. He couldn't hold his dunking trophy for more than two minutes. It's possible that he needs to get a fair bit more upper body strength before he can even get a decent feel for his shot. It's really important for him to get a reliable shot and ability to stay in front of people for next season. There's not much point in him taking Anderson's minutes just for the sake of being out there. Anderson does not set that high of a bar, but Ross has not shown that he's able to clear it. So unfortunately, he's farther back in the process. He's going to need a lot of work in the offseason.
At least there's one thing about Casey. He's not doing what we did with Andrea and he's not doing what the leafs did to every single defenceman that was a draft pick for the last 40 years (for lack of a better BB analogy).
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,345
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
DD is a gym rat.. Thats why I asked if anyone has heard anything about Ross ...
I'm hoping this rubs off on Rudy Gay and he gets his shot back.
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,877
Representing:
Default

I just hope ross can become the lock down defender he has the tools to be. his shot will come. he has the technique and natural ability for it so it seems. a 3 pt specialist and lock down defender ala prince in his prime would be most welcome
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
finally we made the playoffs!

Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 177
Representing:
Default

casey still believes we will make the playoff so he's not going to give rookies a lot of minutes

raptorstar is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24