Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   LeBron said he would score 60,70 points with amount of shots Rudy Gay had (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/lebron-said-he-would-score-60-70-points-amount-shots-rudy-gay-had-26042.html)

DonMughal 11-16-2013 10:18 PM

LeBron said he would score 60,70 points with amount of shots Rudy Gay had
 
Quote:

After the game, one reporter asked LeBron about a hypothetical situation where he would take the same amount of shots as Gay did on Monday. "You give me 37 shots in a game, I'll have 60, 70," James said. "I had 40 tonight on 18 shots. If I get 37 shots in a game, I'm going to put up 60. Easy."
LeBron James Claims He'd Score 60-70 on 37 Shots | Complex


:mattyd::mattyd::mattyd::mattyd:

I don't think there's much denying it, but I really hope a reporter tells this to Rudy lol

jeffb 11-16-2013 10:20 PM

:yawn:

Rene_13 11-16-2013 10:23 PM

Yea, but he also went 14/18 in that game. He shoots a really high percentage, but that's just out of this world. Highly doubt he'd go 28/36, which would be required to score about 60 or so. But if this motivates Rudy then I'm all for it.

Carlos Danger 11-16-2013 10:24 PM

I'd say he's about right.

jeffb 11-16-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene_13 (Post 831786)
Yea, but he also went 14/18 in that game. He shoots a really high percentage, but that's just out of this world. Highly doubt he'd go 28/36, which would be required to score about 60 or so. But if this motivates Rudy then I'm all for it.

he could hit 60pts on 24/38 with a couple 3's and the way he gets to the line

DonMughal 11-16-2013 10:33 PM

In the 2012 East Finals he went 19/26 in a game 6 elimination game against the Celtics' defense and had 45 points. That would equal roughly around 55 points with 37 shots if I'm not mistaken. He also only hit 2 threes and 5 free throws, so you have to account he would get some extra points there. So yeah I think he can do it in a regular season game for what it's worth no doubt.

niggles 11-16-2013 10:38 PM

I'm so thrilled to see so may volunteering to tell LeBron he's blowing smoke.

Save it for Rudy.

Rene_13 11-16-2013 10:42 PM

I think he could do it. But how I read it, he's trying to make it seem like anytime he would throw up 37 shots, he would drop 60/70. He could do it, but definitely not on a regular basis. Not without two all stars next to him either, which Rudy doesn't have.

Renihan_00 11-16-2013 10:50 PM

- On January 27 2013 he took 31 shots and scored 34 points.
- On March 18 2013 he took 29 shots and scored 37 points

If we go back to Cleveland:
- On March 20th he took 36 shotsand scored 56 points
- On Jan 21 2006 he took 35 shots and scored 51 points
- Feb 04 2009 he took 33 shots and scored 52
- Jan 27 2008 he took 32 shot and scored 41 (several others that year on and near 30 with close to 40 points)

Maybe he could? Or his younger self could... Would have to be a huge night though

th3answ3r 11-16-2013 10:57 PM

could still do it at this point even tho his playstyle is different. one of the reasons why i liked watching 23 more than 6.

rapsmannn 11-17-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renihan_00 (Post 831796)
- On January 27 2013 he took 31 shots and scored 34 points.
- On March 18 2013 he took 29 shots and scored 37 points

If we go back to Cleveland:
- On March 20th he took 36 shotsand scored 56 points
- On Jan 21 2006 he took 35 shots and scored 51 points
- Feb 04 2009 he took 33 shots and scored 52
- Jan 27 2008 he took 32 shot and scored 41 (several others that year on and near 30 with close to 40 points)

Maybe he could? Or his younger self could... Would have to be a huge night though

doesn't that prove he can do it, he is much better shooter, has better post moves, and gets more fast break points in Miami, LeBron is at the peak of his powers right nwo

DanH 11-17-2013 10:44 AM

He averages 27.3 points on 16.4 shots. That equates to 61.6 points on 37 shots.

Rene_13 11-17-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanH (Post 831834)
He averages 27.3 points on 16.4 shots. That equates to 61.6 points on 37 shots.

That still doesn't guarantee he would do it consistently. As he would continue to jack up shots not only would get more tired, he would likely see the defensive coverage change if he was seemingly the primary scorer and making the majority of his shots. But oh well, I'm all for it if it motivates Rudy.

andris213 11-17-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene_13 (Post 831837)
That still doesn't guarantee he would do it consistently. As he would continue to jack up shots not only would get more tired, he would likely see the defensive coverage change if he was seemingly the primary scorer and making the majority of his shots. But oh well, I'm all for it if it motivates Rudy.

at this point I doubt it would motivate him I sincerely think he's just collecting a paycheck and does not give a fart about any thing else and it shows on his body language

jeffb 11-17-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanH (Post 831834)
He averages 27.3 points on 16.4 shots. That equates to 61.6 points on 37 shots.

Big deal, take a look at his average when he has taken 35+ shots in his career and he doesn't average 60+ppg. It's still extremely impressive, the guy is the best player in the world but still.

Claudius 11-17-2013 12:48 PM

With his ability to hit the three now, I could definitely see him do it if he's motivated.

Owned 11-17-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andris213 (Post 831842)
at this point I doubt it would motivate him I sincerely think he's just collecting a paycheck and does not give a fart about any thing else and it shows on his body language

Absolutely.

0nekhmer 11-17-2013 02:00 PM

aw i was ready for a T ross dunk :(

Don Vito 11-17-2013 02:01 PM

With the way he plays now, he could easily do it. His shot percentages have gone up drastically, especially since he plays closer to the basket.

heelmaniac 11-17-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andris213 (Post 831842)
at this point I doubt it would motivate him I sincerely think he's just collecting a paycheck and does not give a fart about any thing else and it shows on his body language

So RG is the new Barney to you?

:wtf:

troll


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24