Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Lakers & Spurs Have Expressed Interest In Garbo (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/lakers-spurs-have-expressed-interest-garbo-2612.html)

Dr. J. Naismith 07-11-2008 02:51 PM

Lakers & Spurs Have Expressed Interest In Garbo
 
:( Hmm .... I thought it was pretty much a done deal that he'd be heading back to Europe this fall, but it would seem as though that there's still interest in him here in the NBA. I'll be sad if he ends up with another NBA team. :(

Translation courtesy of Babelfish:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubasket.com
Jorge Garbajosa has recognized who Los Angeles Lakers has been interested in their hiring. " I know that they have asked for my situación" , Garbjosa recognized " Marca" radio;. The wing-pívot today confirmed therefore the information appeared in the printed edition of " Marca" that it located in the orbit of Los Angeles Lakers and San to him Antonio Spurs. " I feel very proud of the interest shown by me after being as much time parado" , it admitted Garbajosa. The uncertainty by its physical state causes that the European equipment wants to make sure their total recovery before contracting to him. They will risk again in the NBA?

Source - Click here

Apollo 07-11-2008 02:54 PM

*Yawn*

He would fit in well in both places playing 10-15 minutes per game. I think the Lakers would be the favorite simply because Pau is already there.

fancylad 07-11-2008 02:56 PM

'd be sad too. kind of.

Obviously the Raptors didn't feel comfortable enough with the state of his ankle so i trust that it was the right decision for the companies to part. You can't really fault the raptors. If another team wants to take the chance, then good for Garbo - and good for us who will get to see play in the NBA again, even if it will be for another team.

He'll always be one of my favorite raptors ever. Him, Calderon, and JYD. Those guys can do no wrong in my eyes.

Centre sports at the ACC was selling Garbo swingman jerseys for $30 after he got bought out. I bought one without hesitation. That's one last name i would proudly wear on a raptors jersey even if he has moved on.

MangoKidHoops 07-11-2008 02:56 PM

Garbo is a very proud individual. He doesn't want to ride the pine. He's not going to stick around in America/NBA for 10-15 minutes a game when he can play 25-30 a night in Europe.

Apollo 07-11-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancylad (Post 42947)
He'll always be one of my favorite raptors ever. Him, Calderon, and JYD. Those guys can do no wrong in my eyes.

Had Jorge just had the darn surgery last off-season and stayed out the Olympic qualifiers then he would still be playing here now. Spain was already a lock for the Olympics so it made no sense. After that and then when he began whining and complaining because he wasn't getting PT, which was a direct result of him not being in game shape due to the knee he wouldn't have surgery on I lost respect for him.

Superjudge 07-11-2008 03:02 PM

Garbo is a good guy.

He's also finished in the NBA.

fancylad 07-11-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 42951)
I lost respect for him.

To each their own.
I can't lose repsect for a guy who had more heart and pride than 95% of the league - even if it was to his own detriment. Not saying his desicions weren't hasty, bad ones because they were. Just saying that Garbo embodies the characteristics i love in a professional athlete.

God bless him.

Apollo 07-11-2008 03:21 PM

Yeah, but I'm a Raptors fan and I'm not Spanish. He risked his career here to play a couple meaningless games for his country. It all blew up in his face.

Snooch 07-11-2008 03:24 PM

Im not spanish either but Jorge was already a wealthy man and the pride he had in his country far outwayed anything else to him. I cannot say that Im pissed that he got hurt, but I also can't say that I dont respect the hell out of him for doing it.

Apollo 07-11-2008 03:38 PM

I can because doctors told him not to play because there was a great chance that what actually did happen would happen. The games meant nothing. He could have had the surgery and been at 100% for the playoffs and more importantly for him, the Olympics.

At the least he should have never came back to the team and whined, complained and hurt the chemistry.

fancylad 07-11-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 42996)
I can because doctors told him not to play because there was a great chance that what actually did happen would happen. The games meant nothing. He could have had the surgery and been at 100% for the playoffs and more importantly for him, the Olympics.

At the least he should have never came back to the team and whined, complained and hurt the chemistry.


the games meant plenty for him. maybe not for you, but they meant lots to him. It was the European championships. The equivalent to the euro cup in soccer. That's pretty huge.

and anyways, he didn't whine or complain like you say. He made maybe a comment or two about how he felt fine, but i detect bigtime exageration on your part. Also he hurt team chemistry? hardly. his teammates knew what kind of a guy he was and i'm sure they sympathized with him.

that's your opinion and that's fine. But me, I'm a Garbajosa fan. Now quit slandering him! ;)

fuck. where's belsius. lol.

Superjudge 07-11-2008 03:46 PM

Garbo is a washed up piece of dirty Ikea carpet sitting in a rancid puddle of garbage Juice that has collect besode a Jameson St High rise garbage bin.

fancylad 07-11-2008 03:47 PM

fuck you. nice avatar.

Superjudge 07-11-2008 03:49 PM

Suck my dick and felch that shit into your Mom's mouth, thanks dog, nice avater yourself, I changed mine just for you!!!

:D

Gurk 07-11-2008 03:53 PM

Garbo was a good guy and risked his career by playing thruogh that injury
Thank you Garbo

jeffb 07-11-2008 03:54 PM

They can have him.He was slow two years ago before his injury nevermind now.

Demetrio 07-11-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 43012)
They can have him.He was slow two years ago before his injury nevermind now.

Do you think going faster and brainless is gonna take you anywhere?

If you ever watched Garbo playing time without the ball, nobody on that raptor team were able to keep up with him, but of course you have to understand the game in order to appreciate it, the game isn't just following the ball. Anyway time will tell, I won't be surprise to see him with a Lakers uniform...

Major 07-11-2008 04:25 PM

Babelfish sucks btw :haha:

And I hope he goes to LAL, at least then I will still be able to watch him and cheer for him. But what's the status with him and Toronto though?

Superjudge 07-11-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demetrio (Post 43042)
Do you think going faster and brainless is gonna take you anywhere?

If you ever watched Garbo playing time without the ball, nobody on that raptor team were able to keep up with him, but of course you have to understand the game in order to appreciate it, the game isn't just following the ball. Anyway time will tell, I won't be surprise to see him with a Lakers uniform...

Muahahahahahahahaaaa

:dancing:

You're hilarious.

I know the game plenty.

GArbo WAS slow, almost so slow that he wa sa detriment.

He's slower now.

do the math.

'trane 07-11-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superjudge (Post 43010)
Suck my dick and felch that shit into your Mom's mouth, thanks dog, nice avater yourself, I changed mine just for you!!!

:D

ladies and gentelmen, the Aristocrats...!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24