Kyle Lowry: "I'm excited for the opportunity"
Old 07-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Kyle Lowry: "I'm excited for the opportunity"

Quote:
For Lowry, however, the changes have already been enormous. When last season began, the Rockets had believed Lowry to be playing at an All-Star level, chasing triple doubles and serving as a foundation piece to their plans. Even before that, they would not include him in trade proposals, planning instead to build around him and Pau Gasol, a point guard and center for their future.
Quote:
Kyle is an amazing player who engineered nearly all of our key victories for the past few years, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. I wish Kyle well and expect him to make it very painful on us when we play Toronto in the future. It was very difficult for us to move Kyle, but we believe the draft pick we received will be key in getting the Rockets back to being a contender.
Quote:
The Rockets would have brought him back. But they also had concerns that those issues could impact his play and prevent them from getting the kind of draft pick the Raptors sent them to make Lowry their point guard.

I dont know, Lowry said when asked if the relationship could be repaired. I dont have to think about it now since Im not there.
Quote:
Im excited for the new opportunity, Lowry said. I thank Houston for the opportunity to show I can play the game. Im capable of being a starting point guard and playing at a high level. Im very appreciative of Houston. As a Raptor Im excited. We have a young and talented team, but a lot of work to do.
Ultimate Rockets Kyle Lowry moves on, barely able to recognize the team he left behind
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Keep it simple

Senior Member
 
Dario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,614
Representing:
Send a message via Skype™ to Dario
Default

Awesome, all true.
Dario is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,923
Representing:
Default

sweet!!
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Senior Member
 
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 4,835
Representing:
Default

I'm excited he was given the opportunity to play here!! haha

Nice to hear from him.
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,371
Representing:
Default

talk is cheap, but clearly I wish him all the best...lets go Kyle, lets whoop some ass!
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
hopefully we use our draft pick this year, let's not miss out this years Rodney hood

Senior Member
 
rapsmannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,092
Representing:
Default

well if your a big fan of tnt thursday games, and you watched last year befor teh allstar game, you always heard chuck say lowry is a allstar,

i could be wrong but i remember people on this forum saying the same thing he should be a allstar when people on this board were picking there allstars
rapsmannn is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Senior Member
 
LKeet6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool (UK)
Posts: 2,203
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsmannn View Post
well if your a big fan of tnt thursday games, and you watched last year befor teh allstar game, you always heard chuck say lowry is a allstar,

i could be wrong but i remember people on this forum saying the same thing he should be a allstar when people on this board were picking there allstars
my friend watched every rockets game last year, usually with the opposition team's commentators and lowry and scola were getting pretty much constant love!
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,071
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorsandBuckeye FaN View Post
I'm excited he was given the opportunity to play here!! haha

Nice to hear from him.
Glad to see you here. Did you have to evacuate?
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 283
Representing:
Default

a lot of work Kyle?...that's an understatement. I think this guy will turn out to be a stud for the raps. just the toughness and gritty type of baller Casey's system requires.
poetics is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Kyle Lowry in the gym @ the ACC.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Klow7/sta...823232/photo/1

Last edited by jeffb; 07-16-2012 at 08:37 AM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Kyle Lowry will be the best player on the Raps this year. With Demar's positive showing on the USA Select team and the emergence of Jonas in a year or two, the Raps are headed in the right direction. As I said before, If Bargnani is you're best player, you're headed as a bottom five team in the NBA. The best teams have star players, and alot is on the line for Jonas to be that type of player for the franchise. If not, the tanking the last couple of years and several Top 10 picks will not payoff.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,509
Representing:
Default

If Kyle Lowry is your best player, you're worse than Houston was last year.....
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
If Kyle Lowry is your best player, you're worse than Houston was last year.....
That's pretty good considering the Rockets had a winning record the last several years in the tougher Western Conference. Loooking at the win-now philisophy and the surrender of the protected lottery pick, Raps hope that Jonas becomes that star player, and Demar and Ross become a strong supporting cast with their future point guard.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
hardly home but always reppin'

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 128
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
Kyle Lowry will be the best player on the Raps this year. With Demar's positive showing on the USA Select team and the emergence of Jonas in a year or two, the Raps are headed in the right direction. As I said before, If Bargnani is you're best player, you're headed as a bottom five team in the NBA. The best teams have star players, and alot is on the line for Jonas to be that type of player for the franchise. If not, the tanking the last couple of years and several Top 10 picks will not payoff.
Let's not forget that Bargnani was playing at an All-star level clip before his season was plagued with injuries... Sorry, but we could do a lot worse
ejeezy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejeezy View Post
Let's not forget that Bargnani was playing at an All-star level clip before his season was plagued with injuries... Sorry, but we could do a lot worse
How many times do we have to hear about those 13 games. Heck, from a larger sample size of games, Bayless put all-star numbers as the starting point guard and he was shown the door. After the All-Star break, Bargnani was back to his old-self chucking up shots shooting less than 40% and grabbing 5 boards a game while logging more than 30 minutes a game. I guess for Bargnani supporters, after 6 years in the league, we have those 13 games when he was playing like an all-star. The further down the pecking order for Bargs, the better for this franchise.
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
How many times do we have to hear about those 13 games. Heck, from a larger sample size of games, Bayless put all-star numbers as the starting point guard and he was shown the door. After the All-Star break, Bargnani was back to his old-self chucking up shots shooting less than 40% and grabbing 5 boards a game while logging more than 30 minutes a game. I guess for Bargnani supporters, after 6 years in the league, we have those 13 games when he was playing like an all-star. The further down the pecking order for Bargs, the better for this franchise.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
How many times do we have to hear about those 13 games. Heck, from a larger sample size of games, Bayless put all-star numbers as the starting point guard and he was shown the door. After the All-Star break, Bargnani was back to his old-self chucking up shots shooting less than 40% and grabbing 5 boards a game while logging more than 30 minutes a game. I guess for Bargnani supporters, after 6 years in the league, we have those 13 games when he was playing like an all-star. The further down the pecking order for Bargs, the better for this franchise.
I'm also tired of hearing about those 13 games. He actually performed about as well (and better offensively) in his final 7 games of the season too. So it's more like 20 games.

:cookie:
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,104
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH View Post
I'm also tired of hearing about those 13 games. He actually performed about as well (and better offensively) in his final 7 games of the season too. So it's more like 20 games.

:cookie:
His final 7 games- 21.5ppg/4.8rpg (45FG% , 27 3PT%)


Mehhh, mixed bag. He was better though than when he came back from injury. No doubt about that.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
sticking to his guns... is stuck to his guns...

Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 5,303
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
His final 7 games- 21.5ppg/4.8rpg (45FG% , 27 3PT%)


Mehhh, mixed bag. He was better though than when he came back from injury. No doubt about that.
Your numbers seem a little off there.
21.6 PPG is right - but at 31 minutes per game that's 24.4 PP36. He was at 23.5 PP36 in his 13 game stretch. He shot 47.2% (47.6 in 13GS), shot 37.9% from 3 (33.9% in 13GS) rebounded at 5.5 RP36 (this is the big drop from his 13 games where he posted 6.4 RP36), but upped his steals (from 0.4 to 1.1 per 36), maintained his assists, and cut his TO (from 2.2 to 1.4 per 36).

He rebounded 1 less rebound per 36, but to compare his offensive numbers to his earlier 13 game streak:

13 games:
TS%: .576
eFG%: .515
PER: 20.0

7 games:
TS%: .595
eFG%: .523
PER: 23.3
DanH is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,509
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
How many times do we have to hear about those 13 games. Heck, from a larger sample size of games, Bayless put all-star numbers as the starting point guard and he was shown the door. After the All-Star break, Bargnani was back to his old-self chucking up shots shooting less than 40% and grabbing 5 boards a game while logging more than 30 minutes a game. I guess for Bargnani supporters, after 6 years in the league, we have those 13 games when he was playing like an all-star. The further down the pecking order for Bargs, the better for this franchise.
Agreed.... but that can be said for Lowry, DD, Fields, Davis, Gray, Valanciunas, Amir, Kleiza, Acy and anyone else too.... but especially DD!
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24