Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Kleiza (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/kleiza-20626.html)

Alex 06-24-2011 05:24 PM

Kleiza
 
So we are apparently going after a SF and another C in the FA. Does that make Linas expendable? I value JJ way more than Kleiza. Should we keep him? What could we get for him?

jeffb 06-24-2011 05:26 PM

If Weems isn't brought back we have no choice but to get a SF, since Kleiza won't be ready if the season starts on time. But really, i'm thinking he'll eventually be moved. Just a prediction.

Ex2k 06-24-2011 05:26 PM

The reason they are goin after another 3 is because Linas may be out till or just before the All-Star break (if there is a season) thats almost 3/4 the season... and when he comes back he's going to be out of shape most likley and really rusty... Next season is a complete write off for Linas IMO.

myklue 06-24-2011 05:29 PM

dont think we are trading kleiza especially with JV to try to help him with the transition from Europe and NBA. Probably letting go weems, probably expect Barbosa to not extend.. so we're left with Kleiza and JJ i guess. If barbosa extends i doubt we will find SF in the FA.

js12 06-24-2011 05:30 PM

At this point, no teams will be willing to take him for fair value. He's coming off a major injury, didn't look that well in the NBA and has a relatively big contract. Might be better off keeping him and hoping he can improve.

EggsToTheBBQ 06-24-2011 05:32 PM

Yeah, I don't think Kleiza is going anywhere. His trade value is near zero at this point.

He'll be allowed to make a full recovery, and the roster situation will be evaluated at that point.

By then we'll have a good idea of what Kleiza and JJ can contribute. They're both still mostly unknowns.

LX 06-24-2011 09:33 PM

Linas could be much improved under a new system and a better role. He came here with an idea of expanding on his game and had too much freedom, or a role that was not properly defined. I could see him being a nice part of a flow offense, rather than seeing all the bad isos he was getting. What I worry about is how well he is able to recover.

Don Vito 06-24-2011 09:39 PM

Kleiza is done.. JJ replaced him.

js12 06-24-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 553491)
Kleiza is done.. JJ replaced him.

I think JJ replaced Sonny Weems. Johnson/Kleiza have different playing styles, but JJ and Weems play almost in identical ways (at least before Weems got jumper-happy).

Not that I'm a big fan of Kleiza, I don't really like what I saw from him last season. I guess we're stuck with him, and can only hope the best from him.

jeffb 06-24-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js12 (Post 553493)
Not that I'm a big fan of Kleiza, I don't really like what I saw from him last season. I guess we're stuck with him, and can only hope the best from him.

Kind of a silly comment considering he was hurt 2 games into the exhibition games and was never close to 100% again until he finally called it a season in December. When healthy i think Kleiza can be a good contributor and he adds toughness.

Don Vito 06-24-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 553497)
Kind of a silly comment considering he was hurt 2 games into the exhibition games and was never close to 100% again until he finally called it a season in December. When healthy i think Kleiza can be a good contributor and he adds toughness.

Very few people have jumped back from the knee surgery hes getting. I wouldn't get my hopes up, trade him and get him out of the way IMO.

jeffb 06-24-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 553501)
Very few people have jumped back from the knee surgery hes getting. I wouldn't get my hopes up, trade him and get him out of the way IMO.

Dude you're not gonna be able to trade him anytime soon while he's 6-8 months away from even practicing. lol

Don Vito 06-24-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 553502)
Dude you're not gonna be able to trade him anytime soon while he's 6-8 months away from even practicing. lol

I'm sure you can in a package deal. If a team really wants a player like Jose or Bargnani, they will take Kleiza if hes thrown in there.

jeffb 06-24-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 553504)
I'm sure you can in a package deal. If a team really wants a player like Jose or Bargnani, they will take Kleiza if hes thrown in there.

:haha:

Man, you can't be serious. A team will want one of them so bad they'll take a crippled Kleiza. That's rich.

DDUnreal 06-24-2011 10:05 PM

highly doubt anyone wants jose/bargs that bad.

carp 06-24-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 553511)
:haha:

Man, you can't be serious. A team will want one of them so bad they'll take a crippled Kleiza. That's rich.

+1

Gotta love when a guy hates a player so much but thinks others will jump at the chance to overpay for the same player that "obviously" sucks.

jeffb 06-24-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 553515)
+1

Gotta love when a guy hates a player so much but thinks others will jump at the chance to overpay for the same player that "obviously" sucks.

And James Johnson is untouchable. lol

carp 06-24-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 553517)
And James Johnson is untouchable. lol

didn't you know, a team only needs to be 5 deep.

Don Vito 06-24-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carp (Post 553526)
didn't you know, a team only needs to be 5 deep.

Yeah, lets keep Kleiza here to post up and get the ball stolen or blocked. Kleiza is a piece of shit.

Someguy again 06-24-2011 10:47 PM

i like kleiza he just did too much because triano didnt lay down the law on his role


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24