Kings and Raps going to make hard push for Chandler?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,489
Representing:
Raptors Kings and Raps going to make hard push for Chandler?

Quote:
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
I'm told Kings (like Toronto) want to make hard FA push for Tyson Chandler. But CAN'T see TC leaving title team for rebuilding team. So ...
1 hour ago
Twitter
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,339
Representing:
Default

Casey is the only reason why Chandler would even consider coming to Toronto.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,489
Representing:
Default

Does Stein not realize that Dallas has 63Mil commited to 10 players with likely a hard cap coming.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Does Stein not realize that Dallas has 63Mil commited to 10 players with likely a hard cap coming.
There are many ways to get around it..... I'm sure he's aware.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,110
Representing:
Default

If we could get him, would we want him?

He'd likely get a 4 year deal between 44-48 million dollars.

He's 29 years old so he's got a few years playing at this level...

Personally I'd get somebody younger who can grow with the team long term, but then again the market is really tight for legit C's. Nobody wants to give them up.

Oh yeah, that and I'd rather he stay in Dallas since he's so crucial to my other team.

10gizzle is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,489
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
If we could get him, would we want him?

He'd likely get a 4 year deal between 44-48 million dollars.

He's 29 years old so he's got a few years playing at this level...

Personally I'd get somebody younger who can grow with the team long term, but then again the market is really tight for legit C's. Nobody wants to give them up.

Oh yeah, that and I'd rather he stay in Dallas since he's so crucial to my other team.

29 is old? Good lord people, we can't have 15 23yr olds.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
tired of Raptor mediocrity.

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 3,874
Representing:
Bobcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
If we could get him, would we want him?

He'd likely get a 4 year deal between 44-48 million dollars.

He's 29 years old so he's got a few years playing at this level...

Personally I'd get somebody younger who can grow with the team long term, but then again the market is really tight for legit C's. Nobody wants to give them up.

Oh yeah, that and I'd rather he stay in Dallas since he's so crucial to my other team.

Yes you take him and he'll probably get more than that. And we do have a young center to grow with the team and that's Jonas. TC could teach him a lot and assist with the transition when Jonas comes in a year. 4 years for TC or Marc would be spot on IMHO
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
tired of Raptor mediocrity.

Membres supérieurs
 
DocHoliday99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 3,874
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
29 is old? Good lord people, we can't have 15 23yr olds.
Lol spot on!!
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,339
Representing:
Default

I'd rather make a run at Wilson Chandler rather than Tyson Chandler.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,110
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
29 is old? Good lord people, we can't have 15 23yr olds.
I agree.

But TC for 12+/year?
10gizzle is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,489
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I'd rather make a run at Wilson Chandler rather than Tyson Chandler.
we need a center way more then a sf.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
I'm going to take my talents to South Beach

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,225
Representing:
Default

Kings Traded Casspi to the Cavs for Hickson... Damn it, Hickson can play as a C... I wish we could have had him.
Hickson scored 13.8 PPG and 8.7 RPG last season in 28.2 minutes per game. I will take that.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,593
Representing:
Default

heh, ya, 29 is too old, what does toronto want with a 29 year old proven player who just had the experience of winning a championship.... Who would want a guy like that?
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,339
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
we need a center way more then a sf.
Bayless/Calderon
DD/Barbosa
Chandler/JJ
Davis/Amir
Bargs/Alabi

Looks alright to me. Rebuilding year anyways, my aswell give Alabi some burn.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,110
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
Kings Traded Casspi to the Cavs for Hickson... Damn it, Hickson can play as a C... I wish we could have had him.
Hickson scored 13.8 PPG and 8.7 RPG last season in 28.2 minutes per game. I will take that.
Right.

6'9 Hickson. Stat stuffing at it's finest. Guy barely played any D. That's why they benched his ass after like 20 games.

He was the main guy on a team with Joey Graham, AP, Baron Davis, Boobie Gibson, Jamario Moon...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
heh, ya, 29 is too old, what does toronto want with a 29 year old proven player who just had the experience of winning a championship.... Who would want a guy like that?
He's a great player and a great energy for a team. No doubt. But if he's gonna command like a quarter of our payroll going into the next NBA, that's definitely something to think about.
10gizzle is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,489
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post



He's a great player and a great energy for a team. No doubt. But if he's gonna command like a quarter of our payroll going into the next NBA, that's definitely something to think about.
It's funny, we always bitch about not getting top players and being mediocre at best most seasons. Then this is thrown out there and there's even doubt wether or not to get one of the best defensive Centers in the league who's in the middle of his prime? I think some of you should stay out of the sun for a few days. lol
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,110
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It's funny, we always bitch about not getting top players and being mediocre at best most seasons. Then this is thrown out there and there's even doubt wether or not to get one of the best defensive Centers in the league who's in the middle of his prime? I think some of you should stay out of the sun for a few days. lol
Yeah, the shitty thing is, no one else on our team is near their prime.

Tys, as good as he is, will not bring it out of them.

The guy is a system player. Just because most fans always bitch senselessly about not getting FA's, doesn't mean the team should commit that much money to him. See Turkoglu.

This is a rebuild. Getting Chandler will help our team a lot, no doubt. But by the time we're ready to start making noise, Tyson Chandler will be 31-32 making 15 million dollars a year. I'd personally rather have someone who's not in their prime right now.

To be honest, I'd rather the Raptors not throw ANY big contracts anywhere until the summer of 2012.
10gizzle is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
Yeah, the shitty thing is, no one else on our team is near their prime.

Tys, as good as he is, will not bring it out of them.

The guy is a system player. Just because most fans always bitch senselessly about not getting FA's, doesn't mean the team should commit that much money to him. See Turkoglu.

This is a rebuild. Getting Chandler will help our team a lot, no doubt. But by the time we're ready to start making noise, Tyson Chandler will be 31-32 making 15 million dollars a year. I'd personally rather have someone who's not in their prime right now.

To be honest, I'd rather the Raptors not throw ANY big contracts anywhere until the summer of 2012.
Tyson Chandler on this team would be absolutely sick. If we had any chance, we should explore it. So many whine about trading for a C, but never seem to realize that there aren't many around. Chandler is in his prime, and has shown to make a huge impact in a couple places he's been. He's exactly the type of C we'd need, and it's unbelievable anyone would question whether he'd be worth chasing. You can always trade a C and get good value. PF's and SF's are a dime a dozen..... case in point, Cleveland just drafted Ed Davis 2.0 and traded away a similar player to Sac.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
...

Resident Mavs Fan
 
10gizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,110
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Tyson Chandler on this team would be absolutely sick. If we had any chance, we should explore it. So many whine about trading for a C, but never seem to realize that there aren't many around. Chandler is in his prime, and has shown to make a huge impact in a couple places he's been. He's exactly the type of C we'd need, and it's unbelievable anyone would question whether he'd be worth chasing. You can always trade a C and get good value. PF's and SF's are a dime a dozen..... case in point, Cleveland just drafted Ed Davis 2.0 and traded away a similar player to Sac.
Well, Ed Davis was considered a unanimous #1 overall before he went down for the year with his wrist injury so, not so sure if that's the same.

J.J Hickson is most definitely not a similar player to Thompson and especially not Davis...
10gizzle is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,476
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
Well, Ed Davis was considered a unanimous #1 overall before he went down for the year with his wrist injury so, not so sure if that's the same.

J.J Hickson is most definitely not a similar player to Thompson and especially not Davis...
He's a 6'9"ish PF.... similar enough, replaceable enough. 7'C's are much more rare.
carp is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24