Julian Wright needs more burn!!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
on cloud 9

Junior Member
 
A Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Representing:
Default Julian Wright needs more burn!!

Honestly whenever he plays we do well, it's just a matter of heart and hustle. His energy feeds off everybody and he's just an underrated passer....if Triano doesn't see this he's just a bad coach. Instead of giving time to players like Sonny whose head got too big for himself and Kleiza the turn over machine, Wright should get more burn becaue our team performs much better with him on the floor. He gives it all whenever he's in the game despite the fact that he's in Triano's dog house every other nights.

He's the X factor tonight playing against the mavs and also the other night when we came back and win it from the pistons. Watching these bench guys going all out with their hearts refreshes my feelings for the raptors. Don't matter if they lose as long as they try hard i will alway be a fan. Props to Joey Dorsey too he's learned so much from Evans watching from the bench earlier this season and realized what he needs to do night in and night out to stay on the floor. Heck he's like a mini-Dwight Howard out there, he looks like him and built like him...if only he's a tad taller.

I love watching the guys like Julian and Joey play because they are fighting every game like it's their last and trying to make the most out of it. If you take away all the euros on the team the Raptors are actually very defensively sound, which is what this team needs. That's why i love Julian, Joey, Amir and ED DAVIS!!....they give me a reason to watch the Raptors this season.
A Money is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,645
Representing:
Default

I said this a month ago and i was told he was a scrub and that he was turnover prone.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
waiting for the sun to come out so he can let his guns out.

Jamario Moon!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,340
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I said this a month ago and i was told he was a scrub and that he was turnover prone.
He is a scrub and he is turnover prone, but hey, he brings great energy and given the limited minutes he's seen on the floor, he's played well.
Dark Knight is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,357
Representing:
Default

hes this years sonny weems
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
on cloud 9

Junior Member
 
A Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Representing:
Default

scrubs for the win then!! i'd much rather him over Kleiza anyday because Wright plays within his skills and the rest of him is pure hustle. Kleiza on the other hand i would be fine with when he's camping in the corner for 3s or when he slashes into the paint for a quick lay up or dunk, but NO he's trying to be the go to guy or something by dribbling too much trying to do his little hook all just to get stripped in the end :facepalm:
A Money is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
He is a scrub and he is turnover prone, but hey, he brings great energy and given the limited minutes he's seen on the floor, he's played well.
He's young, doesn't need touches and plays D. I'll take him for a consistent 15-20mpg every game.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Money View Post
scrubs for the win then!! i'd much rather him over Kleiza anyday because Wright plays within his skills and the rest of him is pure hustle. Kleiza on the other hand i would be fine with when he's camping in the corner for 3s or when he slashes into the paint for a quick lay up or dunk, but NO he's trying to be the go to guy or something by dribbling too much trying to do his little hook all just to get stripped in the end :facepalm:
It amazes me how much flack Kleiza still gets, since starting the last few weeks he's averaging almost 18ppg and is shooting 47%. In fact his last 5 games he's averaging 20ppg/6.4rpg while shooting over 50 FG%, 40 3pt%. He's not a great defender and he turns it over when he tries to do too much but i have no issue with him at all these last few weeks. He's our best SF.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
on cloud 9

Junior Member
 
A Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Representing:
Default

yeah jeff i love the players that don't need touches and plays drawn out for them much like shawn marion and amir johnson...and come on now DK julian is NOT getting limited minutes. There's limited minutes and then there's marcus banks minutes, julian is getting marcus banks minutes and that's not right for someone's who's showing so much heart. Actually he's only playing when the game is out of reach or when the team is short handed. A CONSISTENT 15-20mpg should be granted for my boy julian, if his head gets too big or if he tries to do too much then pull him off...but at least give him a chance!
A Money is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,509
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Money View Post
Honestly whenever he plays we do well, it's just a matter of heart and hustle. His energy feeds off everybody and he's just an underrated passer....if Triano doesn't see this he's just a bad coach. Instead of giving time to players like Sonny whose head got too big for himself and Kleiza the turn over machine, Wright should get more burn becaue our team performs much better with him on the floor. He gives it all whenever he's in the game despite the fact that he's in Triano's dog house every other nights.

He's the X factor tonight playing against the mavs and also the other night when we came back and win it from the pistons. Watching these bench guys going all out with their hearts refreshes my feelings for the raptors. Don't matter if they lose as long as they try hard i will alway be a fan. Props to Joey Dorsey too he's learned so much from Evans watching from the bench earlier this season and realized what he needs to do night in and night out to stay on the floor. Heck he's like a mini-Dwight Howard out there, he looks like him and built like him...if only he's a tad taller.

I love watching the guys like Julian and Joey play because they are fighting every game like it's their last and trying to make the most out of it. If you take away all the euros on the team the Raptors are actually very defensively sound, which is what this team needs. That's why i love Julian, Joey, Amir and ED DAVIS!!....they give me a reason to watch the Raptors this season.
welcome to the forum .
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,357
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Money View Post
yeah jeff i love the players that don't need touches and plays drawn out for them much like shawn marion and amir johnson...and come on now DK julian is NOT getting limited minutes. There's limited minutes and then there's marcus banks minutes, julian is getting marcus banks minutes and that's not right for someone's who's showing so much heart. Actually he's only playing when the game is out of reach or when the team is short handed. A CONSISTENT 15-20mpg should be granted for my boy julian, if his head gets too big or if he tries to do too much then pull him off...but at least give him a chance!
i agree when you say hes getting marcus banks minutes but 15-20 mins seems a little too much, i say we go with whoever plays better between wright and kleiza
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 69,645
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdependent View Post
i agree when you say hes getting marcus banks minutes but 15-20 mins seems a little too much, i say we go with whoever plays better between wright and kleiza
They both should be playing a lot of minutes. Shit with Weems out it should be a given.

Kleiza 28-30mpg
Wright 18-20mpg
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,758
Representing:
Default

I keep supporting him and efforts like the one he gave tonight should go a long way. If only he had a reliable shot...

But even without that, if he continues to give this type of effort at both ends of the floor, he will play.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
........

Senior Member
 
MrClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,357
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
They both should be playing a lot of minutes. Shit with Weems out it should be a given.

Kleiza 28-30mpg
Wright 18-20mpg
true with weems out i dont mind this at all
MrClutch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,430
Representing:
Default

This was definitely the best game for Wright in a Raptors uni, bar none. We saw both the good and the bad with Julian today - his surprising passing skills (I never knew he had any) and the fact that he brought energy. And, of course, a blown open layup and a whopping 0-2 performance for 0 points.

Julian can be energy in a bottle, but he's a guy you put out for 5-15 minutes a night, not consistently 20+.

Who was the best Raptor tonight in terms of +/- ? Kleiza was with a +16.

We won tonight's game with grit and hustle, no question, but you definitely need guys to put the ball in the hole as well of hustle guys.

-------

Honestly though, all of this Julian Wright bullshit is a distraction for me - the real story of the night was Ed Davis. Just a rook, he's starting to show that skillset that had many people calling him a lock for a top-10 pick and a steal where we got him.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
on cloud 9

Junior Member
 
A Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Representing:
Default

thank you pzabby

alright i think that's very fair, whoever is playing better should get more time....but that being said i hope Triano will give Wright a shot for the next few games after tonight's performance instead of waiting until the next blowout. man i'm glad sonny's out

i wonder if we would win tonight though if Kleiza didnt get ejected and Wright didn't get as much playing time because Wright was just awesome down the stretch and it's defense that wins the game. Kleiza got 16pts on 50% shooting though so i guess you can say he started the game and Wright closed the game
A Money is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,758
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballWatcher View Post
Honestly though, all of this Julian Wright bullshit is a distraction for me - the real story of the night was Ed Davis. Just a rook, he's starting to show that skillset that had many people calling him a lock for a top-10 pick and a steal where we got him.
Sorry, but I have to call you out on this. If you don't appreciate what Wright did for his team in the fourth, you don't know much about basketball.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,430
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Sorry, but I have to call you out on this. If you don't appreciate what Wright did for his team in the fourth, you don't know much about basketball.
I appreciate what Wright did but to paint him as the guy who singlehandedly won us the game is completely asinine. Barbosa was making out of control drives and Johnson and Davis were scoring on gritty hooks and putbacks. Wright got a charge, a couple of assists (according to Leo it was about 50 assists). He's the freshest legs on our team and he brought some energy and sparked our run in the 4th. Fantastic. Sorry if I'm not drinking the kool-aid on Wright being our saviour just yet.

It's great that everyone is so eager to jump on the J-train, but if you can't see that it takes you right to mediocrity station then... Well I don't need to insult your knowledge of basketball to make my point or make my argument seem stronger.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
some creepy guy

Senior Member
 
MARTYNAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: far far away
Posts: 1,445
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Money View Post
scrubs for the win then!! i'd much rather him over Kleiza anyday because Wright plays within his skills and the rest of him is pure hustle. Kleiza on the other hand i would be fine with when he's camping in the corner for 3s or when he slashes into the paint for a quick lay up or dunk, but NO he's trying to be the go to guy or something by dribbling too much trying to do his little hook all just to get stripped in the end :facepalm:
Thats true. Kleiza dribbling is so painful to watch. He is a finisher, not a creator.
Once he said, he loves to play PF and he hates to play SF.
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
zxcvbn193
is pounding the rock! (Edit)

Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Representing:
Default

Why the hell we need Jullian wright at all. I mean we have many people who can defend. We need more types of barbosa/Kleiza that can score, good shooters and dribblers like barbosa. If it would be I sit the fuck down the young onez and let Barbosa in, Kleiza. You won't keep all the young gunz. And to be honenst, only Ed Davis and maybe DD looks positive in the future
  Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,664
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It amazes me how much flack Kleiza still gets, since starting the last few weeks he's averaging almost 18ppg and is shooting 47%. In fact his last 5 games he's averaging 20ppg/6.4rpg while shooting over 50 FG%, 40 3pt%. He's not a great defender and he turns it over when he tries to do too much but i have no issue with him at all these last few weeks. He's our best SF.
Bang on!!!
halphbreedballer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24