Jose trade talks underway - Page 10
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #181 (permalink)
from Toronto

Raps-on-Fire
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 241
Representing:
Default

I keep seeing Calderon-to-Dallas rumor. What do you guys think of this trade scenario?

Jose + James Johnson <---> Shawn Marion + Beaubois
wchoi213 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #182 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snark View Post
P.T. Barnum was right.

Even if management had decided that Lowry was better, they wouldn't say it- they would let the process unfold in training camp. Jose didn't outfight the people he beat out- they proved they weren't up to the job and it fell to him by default. He's a nice and good person, but I'll say it in so many words- " He lacks the necessary fighting spirit"


Repeating what you've said before doesn't make for an argument. Saying that Jose didn't outfight the other people doesn't make any sense whatsoever - if he has proven that he is better than them, how can you say he didn't outfight them? Were you there in practices and during the games? Do you have a built-in fightometer that's been focused on Jose Calderon all these years?

Empty declarative statements...
MikeToronto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #183 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,070
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Lowry is better then Ford/Jack/Bayless/Calderon. That argument is moot.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #184 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 128
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post


Repeating what you've said before doesn't make for an argument. Saying that Jose didn't outfight the other people doesn't make any sense whatsoever - if he has proven that he is better than them, how can you say he didn't outfight them? Were you there in practices and during the games? Do you have a built-in fightometer that's been focused on Jose Calderon all these years?

Empty declarative statements...
As I said in my message- he won by default- they proved lacking. That's not outfighting. Jose has "said" it doesn't matter if he is the starter or the backup, he's OK either way. Doesn't work for me. I want a PG ( especially) because he WANTS to be the lead dog.

Guess the yawn means you're sleepy.
snark is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #185 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snark View Post
As I said in my message- he won by default- they proved lacking. That's not outfighting. Jose has "said" it doesn't matter if he is the starter or the backup, he's OK either way. Doesn't work for me. I want a PG ( especially) because he WANTS to be the lead dog.

Guess the yawn means you're sleepy.
And I want a point guard (or any other player) willing to do whatever is necessary for his team to win.

Yawning means I am getting really, really tired...
MikeToronto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #186 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
And I want a point guard (or any other player) willing to do whatever is necessary for his team to win.

Yawning means I am getting really, really tired...
Then stop engaging with every single person that dis-likes Jose... durr.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #187 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Thats what I've started to do. I know the score, i dont really need every cement head on here to agree with me.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #188 (permalink)
and that's the bottom line, cause JV said so!!!

This is how U(jiri) do it
 
Carlos Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halifax
Posts: 3,925
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Hahaha well played Jeff, well played.
Carlos Danger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #189 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 128
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Then stop engaging with every single person that dis-likes Jose... durr.

I don't dislike Jose- I've been more a fan than a hater though I've been both. But realistically, it's just time for the team to move in a new direction and it's time to get on with it and continue building the new culture.
snark is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #190 (permalink)
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,577
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snark View Post
I don't dislike Jose- I've been more a fan than a hater though I've been both. But realistically, it's just time for the team to move in a new direction and it's time to get on with it and continue building the new culture.
That was more or less for Mike haha.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #191 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Then stop engaging with every single person that dis-likes Jose... durr.
Yep. Also, every person who dislikes James Johnson. In fact, quit the forum altogether because it doesn't, in fact, exist solely to allow people to voice their opinions on the matters to do with the team and its players and to attack/defend the said opinions.

Durr indeed. Solid logic.
MikeToronto is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #192 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,070
Representing:
Default




Quote:
The Jet-to-Celts sign-and-trade concept. ... The Dallas renouncing Jet story. ... The news there would be no Mavs-Celts S&T. ... Ready for one more exclusive? Despite the machinations, there might be another trick up Dallas’ sleeve. ‘We’re always open to ideas,’ a Mavs exec tells us, and here’s an ‘anything’: a multi-way S&T that brings Calderon to Dallas at a cost of maybe just DoJo:
Scout.com: Is Jet Delay About A Mavs 3-Way For Calderon?

Quote:
#celtics are apparently trying to find a third team to facilitate a sign-and-trade with the #Mavericks for Jason Terry
gary washburn (GwashNBAGlobe) on Twitter
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #193 (permalink)
get well DeRozan

Senior Member
 
MBailey85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto,Ontario
Posts: 2,392
Representing:
Default

I guess that means the Raps could be getting someone from the Celtics,if that's the case.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #194 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,733
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
I guess that means the Raps could be getting someone from the Celtics,if that's the case.
Jeff Green for your starting SF role?
Shifty.py is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #195 (permalink)
Captain of the Jamario Moon fan club.

Born Unready
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Electric Avenue
Posts: 15,518
Representing:
Default

Quote:
a multi-way S&T that brings Calderon to Dallas at a cost of maybe just DoJo
Dominique Jones is a nice young player, but he's not a guy that will help this team get to the playoffs.
Dark Knight is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #196 (permalink)
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Senior Member
 
pzabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 6,973
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
Jeff Green for your starting SF role?
god no, his contract is terrible for the player he is. He's slightly, ever so slightly, better than last year's James Johnson, and yet paid what, 10 mil/year? I'd rather just have the damn cap space...
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #197 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

i really hope that there's more interest out there than just dallas. jones would be pointless, we wouldn't even be able to stash him in the d-league.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #198 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,733
Representing:
Default

A player I would really like from Dallas is Roddy Beaubois
Shifty.py is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #199 (permalink)
censored

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,772
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
A player I would really like from Dallas is Roddy Beaubois
he'd definitely fit a need for us. i doubt that dallas is done overhyping him yet, so he might be a hard get. ideally, he'd be the guy i hope we'd be targeting/demanding from them. we're not up against the l.tax, so i don't think we need to doing teams any favours.
dfunkie1 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #200 (permalink)
whatever

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: toronto
Posts: 9,671
Representing:
Default

That trade would be a salary dump, so it better not happen
Not sure Beaubois is any good either, i'd rather take a pick, Dallas will not finish very high next season
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24