Jose proving harder to move then Turkoglu
Old 06-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,775
Representing:
Jose proving harder to move then Turkoglu

Not shocking! RealGM • View topic - ESPN chat: Jose harder to move than Turk? Aldrich may fall?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Not too shocked as Hedo still has proven track record. Jose hasn't really proven sustained performance as a starting PG. Probably injury concerns as well.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,625
Representing:
Default

well that's good because personally if i had to pick between only having one of them traded, i would pick Hedo.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean
 
Windex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uʍop ɹǝpun
Posts: 22,524
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
well that's good because personally if i had to pick between only having one of them traded, i would pick Hedo.
yup
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member

 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,494
Representing:
Default

What a load of sh**, jose had a better season than hedo and he actually had somebody else competing with him for the spot.
i agree with the lad and the window cleaner, see ya hedo. Now Calderon can get back to pissing dimes out his ass (8 per) and regain some value
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
"Where's my Money"

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 152
Representing:
Default Calderon!!!

Well what do u expect...the guy has 3 years at 8 million(24 million or so left)..his a back up guard..can't play D...ohhh yeah he sucks...
Dr Hannibal Lecter is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,775
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyFro View Post
What a load of sh**, jose had a better season than hedo and he actually had somebody else competing with him for the spot.
i agree with the lad and the window cleaner, see ya hedo. Now Calderon can get back to pissing dimes out his ass (8 per) and regain some value
Who's done more in the NBA Jose or Hedo?

And Jose sucked slightly less then Hedo last summer, let's not split hairs here. They both sucked balls. And considering we've gone nowhere with Jose why you'd wanna keep him is beyond me.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
is too lazy to respond, you win

Senior Member

 
GrannyFro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Who's done more in the NBA Jose or Hedo?

.
Well i didn't witness the 09 playoffs so i'm gonna say calderon

Hedo may have done more but to me he will always be that bench grunt from sac with bleached hair, a true peja backup. Jose had the better year last season no question and is younger, shorter/smaller contract. I refuse to believe he's harder to move than hedo, show me bryan
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,613
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyFro View Post
What a load of sh**, jose had a better season than hedo and he actually had somebody else competing with him for the spot.
i agree with the lad and the window cleaner, see ya hedo. Now Calderon can get back to pissing dimes out his ass (8 per) and regain some value
Jose could piss 20 assists per out his ass and wipe the piss away with 90% FT and no turnovers and as far as I'm concerned he still wouldn't take this team anywhere. We need to get rid of the turnstile at the top, because right there is the root of this team's problems.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,011
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Pair Jose with a two guard who can defend and a big man who can step in and play big on defense and I don't think Jose would look that bad on defense.

He looks bad on defense because everyone on this TEAM is terrible. I'd be interested to see what Jose could do on a team like the Lakers.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,613
Representing:
Default

I agree, and I expect that the Lakers will ask for Jose in a Bosh/Bynum S&T. But unless DeMar makes an incredible defensive improvement this offseason it doesn't look like we're getting a star defender at the two-spot anytime soon. This team has to start filtering out the weak spots instead of supplementing what is already there. Simply trading him would be addition by subtraction in terms of our defense and a step in the right direction.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,588
Representing:
Default

Suure, draft Bradley, let him defend, solve all our problems
And then enjoy stagnant offense.
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
lol

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,230
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
I agree, and I expect that the Lakers will ask for Jose in a Bosh/Bynum S&T. But unless DeMar makes an incredible defensive improvement this offseason it doesn't look like we're getting a star defender at the two-spot anytime soon. This team has to start filtering out the weak spots instead of supplementing what is already there. Simply trading him would be addition by subtraction in terms of our defense and a step in the right direction.
What in the world makes you say that?

We have a crafty GM and so many options....you and nobody else have any idea what's gonig to happen
gabe91 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,613
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
Suure, draft Bradley, let him defend, solve all our problems
And then enjoy stagnant offense.
Yeah, because Jose was such an offensive spark plug last season.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
playoffs please dont end

FTMFW
 
Shifty.py's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,588
Representing:
Default

Actually yes he was. Every stat confirms that our offense is among best in league with Jose on the floor.
Shifty.py is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,613
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
Actually yes he was. Every stat confirms that our offense is among best in league with Jose on the floor.
I'm not saying he can't be, just that he wasn't this past year. Not at all. In the past when his shot hasn't been falling he's been able to get to the rim and finish there, or create shots for teammates.

I blame a lot of his poor play on the hammie and I feel for Jose because I know the heart is there but he's had some shitty luck with the injury bug. He wasn't a very reliable jump-shooter this year, stats aside, and when his shot wasn't falling he had no blow-by ability to make up for it.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
contemplating

The Killing Joke

 
Claudius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burkina Faso, Disputed Zone
Posts: 10,011
Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
I agree, and I expect that the Lakers will ask for Jose in a Bosh/Bynum S&T. But unless DeMar makes an incredible defensive improvement this offseason it doesn't look like we're getting a star defender at the two-spot anytime soon. This team has to start filtering out the weak spots instead of supplementing what is already there. Simply trading him would be addition by subtraction in terms of our defense and a step in the right direction.
But what you're saying is the same thing as supplementing what we already have.

The assumption your making is that Jack is a better defender and he isn't.

A step in the right direction would be addressing our SF and C positions right now and the lack of defense we have there. Truth be told I'm beginning to lean towards not ridding ourselves of either PG because there were instances last season where they gave us the same edge we used to have when we had TJ and Jose at the same time.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
lol

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,230
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
But what you're saying is the same thing as supplementing what we already have.

The assumption your making is that Jack is a better defender and he isn't.

A step in the right direction would be addressing our SF and C positions right now and the lack of defense we have there. Truth be told I'm beginning to lean towards not ridding ourselves of either PG because there were instances last season where they gave us the same edge we used to have when we had TJ and Jose at the same time.
Every time we played against a top-notch point guard and Jose was in the game, we got destroyed. bad.

See: Home games against Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Westbrook

I recall jack and BANKS containing CP3
gabe91 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
jonas smellandchewthis

Senior Member
 
thought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,613
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
But what you're saying is the same thing as supplementing what we already have.

The assumption your making is that Jack is a better defender and he isn't.

A step in the right direction would be addressing our SF and C positions right now and the lack of defense we have there. Truth be told I'm beginning to lean towards not ridding ourselves of either PG because there were instances last season where they gave us the same edge we used to have when we had TJ and Jose at the same time.
JJ is the superior player and defender so long as Jose's hammy is bothering him, for the better portion of last season. At this point it looks to me like the hammy will be a perpetual issue for Jose. Healthy, I like what Jose brings to the table more so than JJ. I just don't think he can get back to that point, and I'd like him to be dealt before he burns out completely.

As far as addressing the defense, you're right, Hedo and Bargnani are as much a part of the problem as Jose was this year. Having said that, acquiring a point guard with a much better defensive game will work wonders for Hedo (if he's still here) and Bargnani on the defensive end, and is simply a quicker fix than going out and trying to address two spots.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 72,775
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty.py View Post
Actually yes he was. Every stat confirms that our offense is among best in league with Jose on the floor.
And our defense is among the worst with his pylon like D!
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24