Jose Perfecto !
Old 02-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default Jose Perfecto !

Has it happened before where a raptor has hit double digits in assists and points, perfect from the field, perfect from the 3 pt line, and perfect from the charity line.Just wondering ?
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Yes, Mugsy Bogues did it several times. Just remember, before there was Jose, there was Mugsy.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,755
Representing:
Default

What a stunning display if marksmanship - 4 for 4 and 5 for 5. C'mon none of his attempts were even in double digits.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

Muggsy sucked as a shooter. I don't remember him shooting threes as a Raptor. Doc, are you sure?
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Jose Calderon destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Sorry to poke fun raptor123, but I've never met a Raptor fan that's so pro-Jose and anti-Ford like yourself.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
 
Dr. J. Naismith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Almonte
Posts: 10,245
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Muggsy sucked as a shooter. I don't remember him shooting threes as a Raptor. Doc, are you sure?
I was being facetious Mike.

But in all sincerity Mike, Mugsy was the greatest PG ever to don a Raptors uniform.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
landry fields forever

Administrator

 
Acie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Living in a van down by the river
Posts: 21,755
Representing:
Default

I used to love watching games with my mom and saying, "see that guy, he's the same height as you."
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Jose Calderon destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Sorry to poke fun raptor123, but I've never met a Raptor fan that's so pro-Jose and anti-Ford like yourself.
I watched the movie Good Luck Chuck yesterday and there is a scene in the movie where Jessica Alba gets out of bed and has panties on with a picture of a penguin(her character is obsessed with Penguins). At the time I wasn't thinking it..but now that I look back this reminds me of raptor123. I wouldn't be surprised if he wears panties with a picture of Jose on the front... oh wait...he's a guy, he probably has a jose bobblehead stuffed down his drawr's
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

I know doc I never ever was a TJ Ford fan just didn't like his game. He just rubbed me the wrong way right from day one when he came to Toronto. I still remember how cocky he was with his interviews when he arrived.... TJ was all about TJ. He has come along way though and its because of the way Jose has played. Even now if you read between the lines its all about TJ, when TJ talks he uses the I alot.Even his buddy Lucas has said that TJ will have problems adjusting to his new role. TJ will continue to play well as long as he can keep his ego in check. Just watch TJ 's mannerism. Deep down hes fuming or shall we say hurting. But on the positive side TJ is getting better I think the way Jose carries himself is helping TJ both on and off the court. TJ is learning what it means to be a team player, Jose is mentoring TJ in a way that will make TJ a better player and more important a better NBA team player.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
I know doc I never ever was a TJ Ford fan just didn't like his game. He just rubbed me the wrong way right from day one when he came to Toronto. I still remember how cocky he was with his interviews when he arrived.... TJ was all about TJ. He has come along way though and its because of the way Jose has played. Even now if you read between the lines its all about TJ, when TJ talks he uses the I alot.Even his buddy Lucas has said that TJ will have problems adjusting to his new role. TJ will continue to play well as long as he can keep his ego in check. Just watch TJ 's mannerism. Deep down hes fuming or shall we say hurting. But on the positive side TJ is getting better I think the way Jose carries himself is helping TJ both on and off the court. TJ is learning what it means to be a team player, Jose is mentoring TJ in a way that will make TJ a better player and more important a better NBA team player.
I really think you're being too hard on TJ based on his interviews. We know Colangelo and Mitchell are all about character guys...and they believe TJ is a character guy..not this selfish glory-seeking ego maniac you are portraying him as. He's not as humble as Jose i'll grant you that but he's fiery and he definitely looks out for his team-mates on and off the court. You make him sound like Mike James when really I think he's a decent, hard-working team guy that just has oodles of confidence in his game.

I don't want to get into another battle over this but really if you listen to his coaches, GM and team-mates TJ has no issues being a team player. His stats show he's a team player...certainly you dont' have to love the guy but could it be you're being a bit too hard on him because his presence threatens your favourite guys' minutes?
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
a Piston Fan !

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,258
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
I watched the movie Good Luck Chuck yesterday and there is a scene in the movie where Jessica Alba gets out of bed and has panties on with a picture of a penguin(her character is obsessed with Penguins). At the time I wasn't thinking it..but now that I look back this reminds me of raptor123. I wouldn't be surprised if he wears panties with a picture of Jose on the front... oh wait...he's a guy, he probably has a jose bobblehead stuffed down his drawr's

Thats really funny, I almost fell off my chair. No worries its all good. What I really like is character in a player, unfortunately in the NBA there are way too many fakers in this league. Maybe its just the sport and the way many of these athletes were brought up. The strength to our Raptors team is character Jose does not stand alone we have many on our team. I just saw a side in TJ that I didn't like but again he has come along way.However I am not totally convinced he is sincere.
raptor123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
adoring his baby girl.

Senior Member
 
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada eh?
Posts: 3,288
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor123 View Post
Thats really funny, I almost fell off my chair. No worries its all good. What I really like is character in a player, unfortunately in the NBA there are way too many fakers in this league. Maybe its just the sport and the way many of these athletes were brought up. The strength to our Raptors team is character Jose does not stand alone we have many on our team. I just saw a side in TJ that I didn't like but again he has come along way.However I am not totally convinced he is sincere.
Well hopefully in time he can convince you as he has the Raptors braintrust.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,723
Representing:
Default

I remember Mugsy singlehandedly sinking the Celtics with 3 after 3. I don't know if he was perfect though.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

Muggsy...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=31
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TJ vs Jose. RAPTORSBESTFAN Toronto Raptors 18 09-29-2009 08:54 PM
Jose insight_tor Toronto Raptors 2 11-13-2008 01:22 AM
What does Jose Have To Do? Benzo Toronto Raptors 30 01-21-2008 08:58 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24