Jose Calderon's Olympic thread
Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,774
Representing:
Default Jose Calderon's Olympic thread

Jose’s totals so far at the Olympics (5 GAMES):

MPG 21.11
PPG 7.4
FG 10/17 FG% .588
3FG1/8 3FG% .125
APG 3
TPG 0.6
RPG 2.2
SPG 0.8

Pretty crappy if you ask me.
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

trade him for Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
trade him for Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler.
Can we get Diaw alone?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psi
Only likes Hockey with 'Fantasy' infront of it

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,863
Representing:
Default

That's what happens when you expect big things from a backup pg.
Psi is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Can we get Diaw alone?
Throw in some famjuice, there's too much inventory!

carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
That's what happens when you expect big things from a backup pg.

But he's the Captain.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
is full of beans

Senior Member
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 3,924
Representing:
Default

3 assists in 21 minutes is a bummer.
Beans is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
We going to the 'ship!

Senior Member

 
Ball Don't Lie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,879
Representing:
Default

We should make a Kyle Lowry olympic thread.

Oh wait...

Now that we got that out of the way, I hope Spain gets it together and meets the USA in the finals and gives them a good fight. The Gasols need to start owning the inside.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,493
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
We should make a Kyle Lowry olympic thread.

Oh wait...

Now that we got that out of the way, I hope Spain gets it together and meets the USA in the finals and gives them a good fight. The Gasols need to start owning the inside.
Isn't he in jail yet?

carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
We should make a Kyle Lowry olympic thread.

Oh wait...

Now that we got that out of the way, I hope Spain gets it together and meets the USA in the finals and gives them a good fight. The Gasols need to start owning the inside.
Yeah, then we can have a laugh while Raptor123 says they got a silver medal because of Ocho.

jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

You guys are something else, really, you are.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Chris Paul

25 mins
7.6 points
3 rebs
0 ft attemps
6 assists (on a team that is shooting a trillion percent from everywhere)

Just to put it in perspctivge for you Jackals. I have no idea why you can't just accept things as they are. Jose is a fantastic player, not the best by a long shot, but toitally a guy you can have on your team and feel good at that position. Most people NOT on this board feel this way. Your angst and fanaticism has gotten the best of you over the year, and why not, they have been hard years, but continually berating a good player is pathetic, it really is.

As for Lowry, listen, if he's better, awesome, I wannna constantly see my team improve, but why the fuck is it impossible to have a player be better without having to rip the shit out of the other. Calling the guy "ok for a back up" is silly.

The guy, as it sits not until next year is your starting PG, and tries hard for your team, sticks up for his team and basically is an all round positive influence on your favourite franchise, try cheering for the guy a little. Worst he will do in the future for this franchise is a) play in a really great tandem with Lowry, b) participate in a trade that will get you a very nice up0grade where its needed. BOTH are positive scenario's and both will make you happy.

So really, why all the hate and nonsense?? Its been for months now, years even, and it has NEVER been deserved on his end.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

+1, SJ.

i agree with all that.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,493
Representing:
Default

SJ is right on the money.... and it doesn't only concern Jose as far as this negativity. It's about Ed Davis too!
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
+1, SJ.

i agree with all that.
Thanks man. Sorry you had to watch the Womens Soccer fiasco, I know it was a big deal for ya. Sadly, one of the best underdog wins ever was taken away by ineptitude. As much as I hate Steven Harper, his message to the girls was a good one.... put it behind you as it is all you can do, and focus on winning the next one.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
As for Lowry, listen, if he's better, awesome, I wannna constantly see my team improve, but why the fuck is it impossible to have a player be better without having to rip the shit out of the other. Calling the guy "ok for a back up" is silly.
Unless it's someone's opinion. Not everyone is a jose fanboy.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Superjudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,592
Representing:
Default

jeff, honestly, nothing in my post is meant to offend or create an argument. I apologize if we do not agree, but I'm right on this one man. He's a good player who takes the brunt of the anger on this team because nobody ever blames the guys who aren't supposed to be the hero's. Think about that. If he were just a decent back up, nobody would even comment on him.

Let it be as it is, I'm pretty certain it will all workout in our favour as fans, and I for one, will support the guy fully no matter how it players out, dude gave his all on my fav team, I can ask no more of a player, and performance wise, he did a fantastic job trying to run team full of shitters for quite a while. If he were a top 5 PG, he might have won them 2-3 more games, but he isn't and I'm ok with that. i wish more people were, its not hard to swallow when you just look at it logically. If its such a problem for others, and all they have is negativity towards the situation, I can dig it, but I think that there might be issues people need to work out on their own in that scenario because the reality is, Jose, is a good player and deserves a bit more respect, dude gave his all here, and even now, when 90% of the players in the league would be making his current situation into a sideshow, he's being a pro and not denigrating the franchise even though many think he might have grounds to.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canadia
Posts: 553
Representing:
Default

i agree 100% ^
Luckedout is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 74,018
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
jeff, honestly, nothing in my post is meant to offend or create an argument. I apologize if we do not agree, but I'm right on this one man. He's a good player who takes the brunt of the anger on this team because nobody ever blames the guys who aren't supposed to be the hero's. Think about that. If he were just a decent back up, nobody would even comment on him.

Let it be as it is, I'm pretty certain it will all workout in our favour as fans, and I for one, will support the guy fully no matter how it players out, dude gave his all on my fav team, I can ask no more of a player, and performance wise, he did a fantastic job trying to run team full of shitters for quite a while. If he were a top 5 PG, he might have won them 2-3 more games, but he isn't and I'm ok with that. i wish more people were, its not hard to swallow when you just look at it logically. If its such a problem for others, and all they have is negativity towards the situation, I can dig it, but I think that there might be issues people need to work out on their own in that scenario because the reality is, Jose, is a good player and deserves a bit more respect, dude gave his all here, and even now, when 90% of the players in the league would be making his current situation into a sideshow, he's being a pro and not denigrating the franchise even though many think he might have grounds to.
I agree completely on his prefessionalism, I admire him for that. As for your comment about if he was a decent backup nobody would comment on him, most think he starts and should be a backup and would be a backup on 20 teams in the NBA. Therefor when he is starting those people will talk. So those comments come from the debate of whether he should be a starter or a backup. Guys like that always garner discussion and are at time polorizing.

Last edited by jeffb; 08-08-2012 at 03:04 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Waiting for DD's 1st in game wind mill Dunk

Senior Member

 
halphbreedballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,774
Representing:
Default

The problem is that over the past 3 seasons he has played like a borderline starter IMO & it continues in the Olympics.
Bring on Lowry!
halphbreedballer is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24