Jonas Charged with Drunk Driving - Page 9
Old 04-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #161 (permalink)
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper
 
MikeToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,992
Representing:
Default

Honestly, now that all the saints have condemned the despicable Jonas and all the regular folk thought back to when they were 21 and chuckled, this thread should die.

Just like his "conviction" will as soon as a half-decent lawyer gets involved, and he can afford a damn good one.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #162 (permalink)
A True Diamond In The Rough

Senior Member
 
Diamond Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pluto
Posts: 3,374
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
You are a very righteous man, aren't you?
I'm a 21-year-old just like him that doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs. When you have someone in your family get hit by a drunk driver and suffer a serious injury then come talk to me because my cousin was struck by one 2 years ago when walking home from a AHL game at the Mile One Stadium. He suffered a broken right arm, broken right leg and needed 38 stitches for a laceration to the side of his head down to the mid-way point of his cheek. This is why I have no time for people that make stupid decisions that could potentially put someone's life in danger. I'm not saying I myself am perfect, but I have never done something so stupid as what JV did.
Diamond Scorpion is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #163 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,012
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diamond Scorpion View Post
I'm a 21-year-old just like him that doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs. When you have someone in your family get hit by a drunk driver and suffer a serious injury then come talk to me because my cousin was struck by one 2 years ago when walking home from a AHL game at the Mile One Stadium. He suffered a broken right arm, broken right leg and needed 38 stitches for a laceration to the side of his head down to the mid-way point of his cheek. This is why I have no time for people that make stupid decisions that could potentially put someone's life in danger. I'm not saying I myself am perfect, but I have never done something so stupid as what JV did.
My cousin was killed by a drunk driver 20yrs ago. He was 17, so i get what you're saying. But until we know the whole story i will hold judgement.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #164 (permalink)
Is The:

Chairman of the Boards
 
gdaytday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,479
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
this will get thrown out.
there is absolutely no proof, and nothing to really charge him on.

police charged him at his house - under the suspicion of DUI. he wasnt pulled over, he didnt blow over. he was charged because the drive-thru workers saw opened beer bottles in the car he was driving.
really?
there is nothing here that they could convict him with.
Are you sure he didn't blow over? The news clips that I've read said that he was charged with the over 80 offence. There are two offences that you usually get charged with when driving while impaired...One is impaired operation (or care and control) and the other is the blowing over .80.

If he wasn't administered the breathalizer then he would have been charged only with impaired operation.
gdaytday is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #165 (permalink)
a Raps fan

Senior Member
 
creative1mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,412
Representing:
Default

it was stupid, but hopefully he will learn from it
creative1mm is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #166 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,557
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaytday View Post
Are you sure he didn't blow over? The news clips that I've read said that he was charged with the over 80 offence. There are two offences that you usually get charged with when driving while impaired...One is impaired operation (or care and control) and the other is the blowing over .80.

If he wasn't administered the breathalizer then he would have been charged only with impaired operation.

he blew over in his home when the test was administered.
i'm no lawyer, but administering a breathalizer test in a persons home wont hold up in court, as theres no proof that he didnt drink when he got home.
secondly, the fact that the 'witnesses' saw open beer bottles in his car at the time of him operating the vehicle cannot be used as evidence unless it was caught on tape or can be proved.
everything points to this being thrown out as the evidence is not strong and no one will be able to prove he was driving while intoxicated.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #167 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,012
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
he blew over in his home when the test was administered.
i'm no lawyer, but administering a breathalizer test in a persons home wont hold up in court, as theres no proof that he didnt drink when he got home.
secondly, the fact that the 'witnesses' saw open beer bottles in his car at the time of him operating the vehicle cannot be used as evidence unless it was caught on tape or can be proved.
everything points to this being thrown out as the evidence is not strong and no one will be able to prove he was driving while intoxicated.
this is what i was saying yesterday, it's one person's word vs his. Someone said that he was probably seen on video.......so? He was seen driving through the drive-thru, unless in that video he was out of control drunk it proves nothing. Also, the cops would have had to go to the location, watch the video and then go locate him and his vehicle, how much time has then passed from the time he left the drive-thru? I would say at least 30min, if so he could easily say he went home and downed a couple beers with his food.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #168 (permalink)
payin Dwyane Wade

Senior Member
 
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,105
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
he blew over in his home when the test was administered.
i'm no lawyer, but administering a breathalizer test in a persons home wont hold up in court, as theres no proof that he didnt drink when he got home.
secondly, the fact that the 'witnesses' saw open beer bottles in his car at the time of him operating the vehicle cannot be used as evidence unless it was caught on tape or can be proved.
everything points to this being thrown out as the evidence is not strong and no one will be able to prove he was driving while intoxicated.
Oh no... suggesting he get a good lawyer and fight it, and the cops may not have enough to hold him to this.... how awful you are!
JoeyJoJo Shabbadu is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #169 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,330
Representing:
Default

sitting back till i hear all the evidence..but i will say this

whether he is found guilty and charged or not...just putting himself in this position was incredibly stupid on JV's part
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #170 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
he blew over in his home when the test was administered.
i'm no lawyer, but administering a breathalizer test in a persons home wont hold up in court, as theres no proof that he didnt drink when he got home.
secondly, the fact that the 'witnesses' saw open beer bottles in his car at the time of him operating the vehicle cannot be used as evidence unless it was caught on tape or can be proved.
everything points to this being thrown out as the evidence is not strong and no one will be able to prove he was driving while intoxicated.
He wasn't at his home, he was at a home in Wasaga Beach.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #171 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,012
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
He wasn't at his home, he was at a home in Wasaga Beach.
Point is it's a private setting in a residential home. And how do we know he doesn't have a home up there?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #172 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,012
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Mike Ganter ✔ @Mike_Ganter
Valanciunas has not met with legal counsel yet so he will not be speaking today. GM Masai Ujiri will speak at 12:45.


.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #173 (permalink)
BOOBS

never too old.


 
INSIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: richmond hill
Posts: 11,557
Representing:
Default

im actuallt surprised the cops even administered the test...
in fact, im surprised JV even took the test. he didnt have to.
INSIDER is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #174 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,012
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
im actuallt surprised the cops even administered the test...
in fact, im surprised JV even took the test. he didnt have to.
The cop was a bitter leaf fan that hates basketball, a Sportsnet mole perhaps?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #175 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,330
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
The cop was a bitter leaf fan that hates basketball, a Sportsnet mole perhaps?
smh
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #176 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,012
Representing:
Default

Masai Ujiri:


-Great kid, he sat in my office yesterday he had his face in his hands. We don't condone what he did, but we support Jonas.
-We need to mentor better and we take part of the responsibility
-JV will play tomorrow
-Kyle, DeMar, etc. are all very supportive
-League and team will react after court dates in terms of any suspensions


Annnnndd CP24 cut off the presser

Last edited by jeffb; 04-08-2014 at 01:59 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #177 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,012
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
smh
It was a joke, holy shit. Do i have to delete that, are we that sensitive now?
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #178 (permalink)
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Moderator

 
Shadowfax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 5th Dimension
Posts: 10,330
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
It was a joke, holy shit.
no, shaking my head because it was stupid and childish
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #179 (permalink)
in Houstatlantavegas

Scouting Specialist
 
Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,760
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Point is it's a private setting in a residential home. And how do we know he doesn't have a home up there?
Point is, having open beer bottles in your car is illegal.
Thug is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #180 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,012
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
Point is, having open beer bottles in your car is illegal.
When they found the car, was there open beer bottles left in the car? Unless there was they can't arrest anyone for it. And i don't think he was charged with that.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24