The Joke is on Us - Page 3
Old 03-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
far away

Senior Member
 
archie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Panama City
Posts: 981
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
And what coaching staff could do that?

How do you utilize a big man who refuses to rebound and is absolutely clueless on D?
In case someone doesn't know i remeber some time ago Bargs saying this words: "I don't care that much about rebounds, after all this is basketball not reboundball"
archie63 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie63 View Post
In case someone doesn't know i remeber some time ago Bargs saying this words: "I don't care that much about rebounds, after all this is basketball not reboundball"
Yes he did. Which shows he'll never improve in that area. All he cares about is scoring. Yet some wonder why he gets bashed.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member
 
n30tokyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: t.o.
Posts: 867
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
from Kelly Dwyer in Ball Don't Lie LINK



On NBATV Rick Mahorn was making comments about Andrea always hanging outside the arc. And on the clip where Andrea scores inside off the pass from Sonny on a break, he had a laugh about him getting in there too close - "he might catch a cold".
oh no you didn't. why start this pointless thread? are you asking to be flamed by the Bargnani fanatics here?

"...I am ready to be the franchise player. I was never scared of my responsibilities"


see? nothing to worry about. he just needs more time....
n30tokyo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n30tokyo View Post

see? nothing to worry about. he just needs more time....
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
blah!

nosce te ipsum


 
fancylad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: east side.
Posts: 14,623
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
And what coaching staff could do that?

How do you utilize a big man who refuses to rebound and is absolutely clueless on D?
i don't know TO. i'm not a coach nor do i know the game well enough. i did suggest the idea of him being a good 6th man, but i aslo mentioned how the rest of the team's overall shittyness kind of prevents that from happening. Toronto sucks bad, but don't tell me Andrea makes our roster worse. That's more a result of dudes like Dorsey, Ajinca, Weems, Bayless, Wright, etc.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
I believe in Masai

giant steps

 
'trane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17,047
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
WOW thats nearly a 0.3 raise in winning percentage! Bargs for MVP!!
a 30% increase in wins isn't meaningful? i would agree if you objection was about sample size, but 30% is clearly a fairly big jump for one guy.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
a 30% increase in wins isn't meaningful? i would agree if you objection was about sample size, but 30% is clearly a fairly big jump for one guy.
Sure it's meaningful.

It means that he is probably a better center than his replacement was.

That was Ajinca, the rookie Ed Davis and Amir (who I remember playing through injury at that point).

It doesn't mean he's any better than Marc Gasol, for example.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
a 30% increase in wins isn't meaningful? i would agree if you objection was about sample size, but 30% is clearly a fairly big jump for one guy.
the point i was making was that the statistic is flawed and shouldn't be used to make any points.
chicago has a 0.731 winning percentage, without rose the winning percentage would still be above 0.431
lakers are 0.706, without kobe there winning percentage would be above 0.406

so are u to say Bargnani is a bigger factor to his team than rose or kobe is to theirs becuz the raps take a 0.3 dip and the bulls and lakers don't dip as much without their best player?

Last edited by powerfulpanda; 03-18-2011 at 03:28 PM.
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #49 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie63 View Post
on terms of pure math it does. 1-8 is .125, 17-41 is .413
1/(8+1) = 0.111111111
not 0.125 = 1/8

17 / (41+17) = 0.29310344
not .413 = 17/41

that's a difference of 0.181992337

Pure math.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 03-18-2011 at 03:47 PM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
1/(8+1) = 0.111111111
not 0.125 = 1/8

17 / (41+17) = 0.29310344
not .413 = 17/41

that's a difference of 0.181992337

Pure math.
lol ya.
i didn't even double check archie's calculations to see if they were correct.
nice pick up eggs
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
wanting harrison barnes

Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 480
Representing:
Default

i will keep saying this, Bargs is best of the bench in a 6th man roll. he should never be a starter on any contending team because of his inability to do anything on the defensive end.
as weak as our core is we would be better suited to ditch Bargs and possibly jose if possible, however i love how jose actually cares unlike Bargs so keeping him to help our young guys would be acceptable also.
komot is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Mean Muggin with his son

Swollen Member
 
b55bgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Rock AKA Newfoundland
Posts: 1,400
Representing:
Default

I am gonna defend Bargnani because i know not many other people will.

He doesnt rebound because thats not what is expected of him. Thats why we have amir, davis, and Reggie around him. Other wise we would have a high scoring PF on our team. Which we dont.

Bargnanis defense isnt the greatest, but again. the same reason why they have him surrounded by such great defenders in the power forward positions.

If Bargnani was a monster on the boards, and a great defender under the basket. Would we need reggie, amir, or davis. Because the offensive games of those guys aint gonna score 20ppts a game very night. Amir maybe, but the other two no.
b55bgc is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #53 (permalink)
...

Senior Member
 
powerfulpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,487
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b55bgc View Post
I am gonna defend Bargnani because i know not many other people will.

He doesnt rebound because thats not what is expected of him. Thats why we have amir, davis, and Reggie around him. Other wise we would have a high scoring PF on our team. Which we dont.

Bargnanis defense isnt the greatest, but again. the same reason why they have him surrounded by such great defenders in the power forward positions.

If Bargnani was a monster on the boards, and a great defender under the basket. Would we need reggie, amir, or davis. Because the offensive games of those guys aint gonna score 20ppts a game very night. Amir maybe, but the other two no.
WHAT?!

i do not need to read further
powerfulpanda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #54 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 30,517
Representing:
Default

a 7-footer that doesn't offer any resistance or help is a joke. There just isn't any way around that.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #55 (permalink)
useless

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,200
Representing:
Default

As much as anyone I've been intrigued by Bargs' potential over the years. At some point we need to give up on him.

For me, if he doesn't show up to the next training camp in the best shape of his life, ready to make a contribution on D and on the glass, after how this season went, then I'll consider him a lost cause.

I think we should draft a traditional C. If Bargs improves and the pick works out then we can trade Amir (who has good value) and maybe even move Bargs to the bench (6th man). If Bargs doesn't improve and the pick works out then we can trade Bargs or move him to the deep bench (4th big). If the pick doesn't work out... well, let's just hope that doesn't happen.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #56 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 81,248
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
As much as anyone I've been intrigued by Bargs' potential over the years. At some point we need to give up on him.

For me, if he doesn't show up to the next training camp in the best shape of his life, ready to make a contribution on D and on the glass, after how this season went, then I'll consider him a lost cause.

I think we should draft a traditional C. If Bargs improves and the pick works out then we can trade Amir (who has good value) and maybe even move Bargs to the bench (6th man). If Bargs doesn't improve and the pick works out then we can trade Bargs or move him to the deep bench (4th big). If the pick doesn't work out... well, let's just hope that doesn't happen.
We'd have to trade him waaaayyy before making him the 4th big. Keep starting him let him score and see if he can do something on D and rebound better. If not trade him. Don't deminish his value even more by not playing him. Imo BC needs to field offers for him this summer, but I have my doubts he's ready to look at trading him.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #57 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,223
Representing:
Default

if Bargs stays like this i think next year will be the best chance he will be traded
he'll have another season as the go to scorer to prove that he can "handle" scoring
and hopefully the other bigs like amir and ed can improve to a point where BC can say Bargs can go and if demar can bring his game up another notch as the go to scorer making Bargs the secondary
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #58 (permalink)
in da club

Bla bla
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: usa
Posts: 63
Representing:
Default

the real joke il the quality of other players. You all saw yesterday the difference between Andrea and one of the centers you dream at his place, McGee. Imagine this team without Andrea and with McGee: probably 0 wins.
prebozzio is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
kicking himself for being so emotionally invested in the Roller-coaster Raptors

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,537
Representing:
Default

Guys Andrea is flawed but still the best player available to us at the C position at the moment. Center is a hard position to fill, and until we can secure a guaranteed better option, Andrea is still the man in the middle.
BballWatcher is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24