Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards

Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/)
-   Toronto Raptors (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/)
-   -   Joey G. (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/joey-g-2711.html)

Benzo 07-21-2008 02:52 PM

Joey G.
 
I feel this deserves its own thread...

Joey is not on the bottom of any food chain I can assure you that.

Is it time to give up, or is there something about Joey we just haven't seen it.

Dr. J. Naismith 07-21-2008 02:54 PM

Time to move on now. He's had enough opportunities to prove himself. :(

Adequate Swag 07-21-2008 02:55 PM

He's certainly serviceable.

I mean, for an end of the bench guy, his talent level is solid. He can still defend adequately too.

I don't really want to see him get more court time, but I wouldn't want him released.

MikeToronto 07-21-2008 02:56 PM

Nobody loves Benzo? ;)

the_ raps_analyst 07-21-2008 02:56 PM

he is usable and if someboy gets injured at the 2 or 3 position he will get like 8 minutes a game.

Benzo 07-21-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeToronto (Post 44835)
Nobody loves Benzo? ;)

Too soon to tell....I'm thinking I'll get a vote.

:ladeeda:

'trane 07-21-2008 02:56 PM

I would have voted, but there are no good options on the board...

-Joey is still under contract, and we only have 13 bodies, so we can't release him.
-He's probably not serviceable besides as a 12th or 13th man.
-I'm not on the fence because I think he's turd, he's just the only turd we got.
-no comment on option 4. i missed you, but i'm not sure that this qualifies as love... maybe though...

I vote for option 5 - keep him, try to trade him for anything more valuable than a ball rack, or let him go if we still have him around when his contract runs out.

Benzo 07-21-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'trane (Post 44838)
I would have voted, but there are no good options on the board...

-Joey is still under contract, and we only have 13 bodies, so we can't release him.
-He's probably not serviceable besides as a 12th or 13th man.
-I'm not on the fence because I think he's turd, he's just the only turd we got.
-no comment on option 4. i missed you, but i'm not sure that this qualifies as love... maybe though...

I vote for option 5 - keep him, try to trade him for anything more valuable than a ball rack, or let him go if we still have him around when his contract runs out.


Well thought out col' however if you are going be critical of the poll....please go eat a turd.:batman:

'trane 07-21-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 44839)
Well thought out col' however if you are going be critical of the poll....please go eat a turd.:batman:

:essen:

Snooch 07-21-2008 03:10 PM

I say keep him because its not like we're bursting with options at the wing

Kuzzy 07-21-2008 03:20 PM

take out the trash!!!!!!!
trade him for someone cheap, that can shoot the 3 and play some D !!

Snooch 07-21-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzy (Post 44859)
take Out The Trash!!!!!!!
Trade Him For Someone Cheap, That Can Shoot The 3 And Play Some D !!

Joey For Lebron

Claudius 07-21-2008 03:29 PM

If he vills the void for an undersize 4 I'm happy. He just needs to learn to trust himself and his abilities. He does that and he'll be a solid roation player.

Kuzzy 07-21-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoochieBoochie (Post 44860)
Joey For Lebron


+1

jeffb 07-21-2008 03:50 PM

He needs to go. He's only gotten worse since begining his career with the Raps.He doesn't seem to show the comittment to improve and add to his game. He's basically the same player now that he was three years ago without the upside most thaught he had.

Benzo 07-21-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffb (Post 44877)
He needs to go. He's only gotten worse since begining his career with the Raps.He doesn't seem to show the comittment to improve and add to his game. He's basically the same player now that he was three years ago without the upside most thaught he had.


How does one know that?

INSIDER 07-21-2008 03:51 PM

i hate Joey Graham.
absolutely hate the guy... but that hate comes from the fact that we passed on Granger for him... so its a bit biased and unfair.
even with this hate, it pains me to say this; i think he is still serviceable.
i dont want him on this team at all, but including him on any future package would help in terms of getting something decent in return.
releasing him for nothing makes no sense, because if anything - he has that NBA body that teams would love.
he has an upside that teams would love and he makes little money. if we are looking to make any future trades, adding Joey to them is a no-brainer.
keep him to trade him; thats what i say.

Major 07-21-2008 11:51 PM

Keep him until TD. He'll be a very important player by the time that comes along. Don't trade him just yet.

dfunkie1 07-22-2008 12:32 AM

keep him until we have a better option. he has his stretches where he really helps us, and when he's not, just keep him on the bench. simple. no point in releasing someone just for the sake of releasing them.

jeffb 07-22-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzo (Post 44878)
How does one know that?


Watch him play.He doesn't show any improvement from his rookie season.If anything he's gotten worse.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24