Jeff Blair on the 590 Talks about a PG
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,883
Representing:
Default Jeff Blair on the 590 Talks about a PG

"The Raps are looking for a point guard".... hmmmm...
They don't think Bargs can land them a point guard, but they are looking for a starter.... WTF now?! We just shipped a PG to try and get another one??
Jeff Blair says he knows Lowry is Gay's buddy but it is not enough, Lowry has not shown enough and he passing skills are lacking.
He thinks the the Raps wasted time with Jose vs Lowry thing...
Listen now if you get a chance.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default




I really like Blair but........Out to lunch.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,883
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post



I really like Blair but........Out to lunch.
They are talking about Bargs and trade rumors etc... Jeff grab your phone and listen to him
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
They are talking about Bargs and trade rumors etc... Jeff grab your phone and listen to him
I am listening to him. He never said they're looking for a starter. lol


I know you don't like Lowry but give it a rest.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,883
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I am listening to him. He never said they're looking for a starter. lol


I know you don't like Lowry but give it a rest.
man, I don't mind Lowry geeeeez, and yes he just said it 10 min ago, was back to my desk and cought it in the middle, missed the early part if it's a rumor or his take.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Jeff Blair knows nothing about basketball and yet talks as if he knows everything.... his shtick is old.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Jeff Blair knows nothing about basketball and yet talks as if he knows everything.... his shtick is old.
He knows Basketball more than most on this station and talks about the sport quite a bit. I like the guy but he's far from always right. He knows his Baseball a lot more than Basketball.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,883
Representing:
Default

I usually don't really listen to him, but he brought some valid points.
Well, that's it for today... btw I still think the Boozer trade is legit but not with Robinson as part of the deal but maybe someone else.
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,883
Representing:
Default

I think our biggest need is backup PG. I just cant watch Lucas, and have no clue why he was brougt in, and how come he was a fan fav in Chicago. Am I missing something?
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
I think our biggest need is backup PG. I just cant watch Lucas, and have no clue why he was brougt in, and how come he was a fan fav in Chicago. Am I missing something?
If Bargnani goes, our biggest need is a big, followed closely by a backup PG. A backup PG can be had on the cheap if need be if we can't get both in a deal.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,883
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
If Bargnani goes, our biggest need is a big, followed closely by a backup PG. A backup PG can be had on the cheap if need be if we can't get both in a deal.
They also talked about how Bargs might fit a contender
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Masai Ujiri

Senior Member
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,800
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
I think our biggest need is backup PG. I just cant watch Lucas, and have no clue why he was brougt in, and how come he was a fan fav in Chicago. Am I missing something?
He's a fan fav there because he was given the green light to go do what he does best, score. Fans appreciated it too, unlike here.
Kirby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
They also talked about how Bargs might fit a contender
I agree. Off the bench (6th man playing 25+mpg) or a 3rd option in a starting 5 he'd thrive i believe.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
He's a fan fav there because he was given the green light to go do what he does best, score. Fans appreciated it too, unlike here.
Seeing what Chicago fans are writting he doesn't seem to have been a fan favorite. If he was it's worn off.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint


 
LX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 28,744
Representing:
Default

Aaron Gray would fit a contender too. Except not really. Talk radio is wonderful.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
.

Senior Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 11,494
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Aaron Gray would fit a contender too. Except not really. Talk radio is wonderful.
He'd be a great big off the bench in the event that a team became decimated by injuries..... but he'd make the team picture look great too.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
La Decima!!!!!

Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 7,223
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I agree. Off the bench (6th man playing 25+mpg) or a 3rd option in a starting 5 he'd thrive i believe.
sounds a lot like chicago, just sayin
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Senior Member
 
Bargn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,795
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
"The Raps are looking for a point guard".... hmmmm...
They don't think Bargs can land them a point guard, but they are looking for a starter.... WTF now?! We just shipped a PG to try and get another one??
Jeff Blair says he knows Lowry is Gay's buddy but it is not enough, Lowry has not shown enough and he passing skills are lacking.
He thinks the the Raps wasted time with Jose vs Lowry thing...

Listen now if you get a chance.
It's somewhat true, Lowry can fill up the stats sheet no problem, but he isn't the ideal point guard for this team in terms of his skill set. Perhaps he can become a better passer in time...

Eric Smith and Paul Jones were talking about how the ideal point guard would be a blend of Calderon and Lowry.

Calderons passing and shooting
+
Lowrys quickness and toughness
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
is a free agent

Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,883
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
sounds a lot like chicago, just sayin
Boozer is 32, he has 2 more years on his contract, expires in 2015 he make around 16M/year. If BC feels comfortable paying him this kind of money I am really starting to question his moves. In the past he wasn't comfortable to pay Marion 8-9M/ year when Mario was 30yo, and now Boozer? Hmmmm
Tommy C is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Senior Member
 
jeffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YO MAMMA
Posts: 76,150
Representing:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
Boozer is 32, he has 2 more years on his contract, expires in 2015 he make around 16M/year. If BC feels comfortable paying him this kind of money I am really starting to question his moves. In the past he wasn't comfortable to pay Marion 8-9M/ year when Mario was 30yo, and now Boozer? Hmmmm
Boozer just turned 31, makes 15mil and with only 2yrs left on his deal after this season i have absoutely no problem getting him here since he's an upgrade over Bargnani.

Are you alergic to veterans? You had a problem giving Marion 8-9mil because he was 30?
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright RaptorsForum.com 2005-2011

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24